Today’s review is about a 14-piece brush set from BH Cosmetics. These brushes are liked by beauty lovers for the looks and affordable price range. I was eyeing Zoeva Rose Golden Luxury Brush Set for a long time but went ahead with this set because of the price. So let’s get to know how these pretty brushes fared.
Price: USD 25
Blush, blend, line and define with our pale pink BH Chic 14 Piece Makeup Brush Set, a collection of professional-quality brush essentials for face, eyes, and lips. The two-tone synthetic cosmetic brushes can be used with liquids, creams and powders to achieve precise makeup application, allowing you to create flawless looks ranging from subtle to striking. Brushes come in a matching zip-up case with room to stash additional items.
My Experience with BH Cosmetics Chic 14 Piece Brush Set with Cosmetic Case:
This brush set includes 14 pretty peachy-pink colored brushes. These brushes come in an attractive cosmetic case of the same color. The combination of the brushes is great. This set includes three big face brushes and eleven other brushes, which are useful for eye makeup, lip makeup and concealing. I love the color of these brushes and the bristles are very soft. The handles of the brushes are quite strong and I’m sure these brushes are going to be useful for a long period of time.
The bag, too, looks stunning and I am glad it isn’t flat in shape. A flat rectangle shaped cosmetic bag would look boring but this one impressed me a lot. It has a golden colored zipper and its signature print inside on the cloth of the bag, which gives it a luxurious appeal. It is so convenient for storage purposes and is travel-friendly as well. I absolutely love this one and it is so spacious that my brushes from even other brands fit inside it. Now, let’s get to know how every brush from this set fared for me.
1. Angled Powder Brush: This is the least-used brush among other brushes in the set as it didn’t impress me much. Firstly, it picks up very less amount of powder from my compact case. And secondly, it fails to build up the product. Also, I can see some extra strings of bristles popping out of the brush. Even though it is fluffy and the bristles are densely packed the brush doesn’t feel as soft as the other face brushes from this set. I thought I would use this for setting my bronzer but I am going to skip it.
2. Medium Powder Brush: This is somewhat better than the angled powder brush as it picks up a decent amount of powder and feels softer than the angled brush. It also quickly blends the product and gives a nice radiant finish to my skin.
3. Small Powder Brush: This one is better than the other two I’ve mentioned above. It picks up a good amount of powder from my compact pan and quickly sets and blends the products. It feels as soft as the medium powder brush and can be used in setting powder on the small areas of the face.
4. Angled Crease Brush: As I picked up a darker shade from my eye shadow palette for the crease this brush picked up a nice amount of powder. When I started defining the crease, its dense, fluffy bristles transferred a lot of product on my eyelids, making them look bad. Of course, it did look better after blending the crease but I couldn’t make out the purpose of this angled crease brush. I always prefer a tapered crease eye brush for defining the crease as that works best for me. But I find this brush to be useful and it does its job.
5. Medium Flat Eye Shadow Brush: This brush is useful for dabbing the eye shadow or setting creamy eyeshadows on the eyelids. I use this brush for setting glitter eye shadow. The shape of the bristles is perfect but I feel the bristles are a bit longer than my usual flat eye brushes, which I use from the other brands. Also, the tip of this brush feels a little sharp on my eyelids.
6. Medium Oval Eye Shadow Brush: I pretty much liked this brush as it is fluffy and the bristles are soft, too. It picks up a good amount of eyeshadow and can be useful in setting the eyeshadow in the outer half of your eyelid.
7. Eye Shadow Blending Brush: This is one of my favourite brushes in this brush set. The size and density of the brush are just perfect for my eyes. It blends in the eye shadow well.
8. Concealer Brush: This helps in blending out the concealer after application. The bristles feel a little sharp on the end but it does the job of concealing well.
9. Small Concealer Brush: This is another version of the concealer brush but is smaller in size. This may be useful in hiding tiny spots on the skin or the areas which require very little concealer. I’ve also used this to apply and blend concealer under the winged eyeliner in order to erase the eyeshadow fall out and to get a clean look.
10. Flat Eyeliner Brush: I found this to be perfect in setting up the gel eyeliner. The tip of the brush is nice stiff and flat, which helps in defining and applying the eyeliner, as desired.
11. Angled Eyeliner Brush: Since I purchased this brush set I’ve stopped using the regular brow brushes. Since the brushes in brow kits are small, I’ve replaced them with this brush as the handle is long and comfortable. This is useful in defining the brows well and it also helps me create various eyeliner looks.
12. Oval Up Brush: This is quite useful for outlining my lips as it is a tiny lip brush. I can use this brush to reach the corner Vs and thinner parts of my lips.
13. Standard Up Brush: I use this to apply my lipstick and fill in the color. It doesn’t absorb much of the color. Both the lip brushes have been useful.
14. Precision Eye Liner Brush: This brush is flimsy and when I first saw the brush the bristles were all spread out and not tightly packed. I don’t think this will be useful in creating a nice eyeliner look as the bristles aren’t good.
While some brushes were yay, some brushes were nay for me. I wish this brush set included a leaflet in their packaging as it would have been convenient for the users to check the purpose of each brush before they got familiar with the brushes. People who have already used brushes from the high-end brands may or may not like this brush set but people who are looking for a good, affordable and usable brush set are sure to like this one.
Pros of BH Cosmetics Chic 14 Piece Brush Set with Cosmetic Case:
• Pretty, peachy-pink “chic” brush.
• Nice strong handles.
• Soft bristles.
• A smart combination of brushes.
• Useful for beginners.
• Most of the brushes pick up a good amount of product.
• Eye and lip brushes are most useful and perfect.
• Blending brush, angular brush and flat eyeliner brush are very functional.
• Lipstick doesn’t stick to the lip brushes.
• Doesn’t shed any bristles.
• Travel-friendly cosmetic bag.
• The cosmetic bag is quite spacious, too.
• The cosmetic bag looks very attractive and can be durable.
Cons of BH Cosmetics Chic 14 Piece Brush Set with Cosmetic Case:
• Angular powder brush doesn’t pick up a good amount of product.
• Some of these brushes have bristles that pop out like strings.
• Flimsy eyeliner precision brush.
• The tip of eye brushes and concealer brushes feel a little sharp.
• Wish they included a leaflet with the description of brushes.
IMBB Rating: 4/5
Would I Recommend BH Cosmetics Chic 14 Piece Brush Set with Cosmetic Case?
Yes! Even though some of the brushes didn’t work according to my expectations I liked the brush set for the pros I’ve mentioned above. I recommend this brush to people who are new to the makeup world and are looking for a good brush set at an affordable price.
Bh Cosmetics Brush 5 – Flat Liner Brush
BH Cosmetics 10 Piece Pop Art Makeup Brush Set
BH Cosmetics 11 Pieces Pink-A-Dot Brush Set
BH Cosmetics Studded Couture 12 Piece Brush Set
BH Cosmetics Quick Change Brush Cleaner
Makeup Revolution Pro Go Mini Brush Set
EmaxDesign MB116 Makeup Brush Set
Forever 21 Love and Beauty Ultimate Brush Set
Real Techniques Starter Kit
Colorbar Pro Colored Brush Kit