How to Become Fair Naturally
Indians have always held a fascination for fair skin. Our dusky and olive skin tones have better sun-protecting abilities than what fair skin offers. Yet, we make a deep association of fair complexion with beauty. So what can you do to lighten your skin tone and become fair? Read on.
1. If you have a bathtub, then pour two cups of whole cream milk into the water, add a lemon and throw in a couple handfuls of ground oats. While you soak in the warm water, the natural skin bleaching properties of milk and lemon will work away at your skin. Oats have exfoliating, nourishing as well as lightening qualities. You will see your overall skin tone become fairer by doing this twice a week for a month.
In case you do not have a bath tub, then you can soak some freshly cut lemon slices in a cup of milk, strain after an hour, add two spoons of rosewater and thicken with yoghurt. This paste can be used as a natural skin whitening cream.
2. Exfoliate your face regularly. Dead cell buildup makes the skin look dull and darker than it really is. Allow fresh skin cells to grow by timely removal of dead skin, and you’ll see a natural glow. If you want to become fair naturally, exfoliation should become a regular part of your beauty regime.
3. When you choose your daily use skin creams, look for an ingredient called hydroquinone. This is a melanin inhibitor. Melanin is responsible for pigmentation in our skin and inhibiting it makes us look fair. When you use a cream with this ingredient, you must never forget to apply sunscreen outdoors, because hydroquinone reduces skin’s melanin content, making us more prone to sun-damage.
4. You can bleach tanned areas such as the face, neck and even hands and feet with one of the cosmetic bleaches available in the market to become fair.
5. Swimming in chlorinated water regularly (but not in the sun) will also lighten overall body skin tone as chlorine is a bleaching agent.
6. Make a face pack with turmeric, olive oil and ground gram flour (besan) and use on a regular basis for exfoliating and lightening complexion. Turmeric also adds a golden glow to the face, which helps you become fairer.
7.For a fair complexion, mix equal amounts of egg white and lemon juice. Heat on a frying pan till it thickens. Cool in the refrigerator. Applying this paste on your face and neck daily will show a gradual lightening of skin.
8. Mash a few quarter of a cucumber along with the skin. Apply this paste all over face and neck and keep for 20 mins before rinsing.
9. Honey, milk, lemon, oatmeal and brown sugar can be combined to make an excellent fairness scrub at home.
10. Another great recipe for fair skin is fennel seeds brewed in water. Fennel seeds are commonly known as saunf in India. You must boil 2 tsps of saunf in a glass of water for an hour on low flame. The water will reduce significantly by this time. Strain out the saunf and add a tbsp of buttermilk or curd whey to this preparation. Apply all over face and neck. Rinse off after 15 mins.
11. Use the pulp of papaya to cleanse twice a week to become fair. Or you can use premade papaya face packs and face washes by popular cosmetic companies. But fresh is always better.
12. Buy a serum containing vitamin C to regularly dab on your face for a fair look. Vitamin C is a natural bleach. The natural alternative to this is lemon, used in most face packs for fair skin, for it is a great source of vitamin C. Applying a mix of lemon juice and yoghurt once daily can show results in as little as two weeks.
13. Always use a good sunscreen of adequate SPF content as per the sun conditions of wherever you stay to maintain your fair complexion. In summers, one usually needs SPF 40 to 60 depending on the harshness of the sun and your exposure to it. Even in cloudy weather, a minimum of SPF 20 is required in most Indian cities.
14. Incorporating many fruits and veggies in your diet and drinking tons of water will ensure you get the right vitamins and antioxidants essential for healthy and fair skin. Dull and dry skin tends to look darker. Keep your skin hydrated if you want to appear fair.
15. Consuming fish oil capsules or eating flaxseeds will nourish your skin with omega fatty acids and keep it younger-looking, fresh and supple. Healthy skin is a must if you wish to become fair, because faults and damage show much more on fair complexions.
Do You Really Want to Become Fair? Please Share Your Views!
How To Get Bigger Lips Naturally
Fair and Lovely Multi Vitamin Cream
Fair and Handsome Skin Cream Review
Fair and Lovely Anti Marks Eraser Pen
Best Sunscreen for Fair and Normal-Dry Skin
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Face: Skin Whitening Products
Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel
How to Become a Fashion Designer
48 thoughts on “How to Become Fair Naturally”
I dont need to try the above methods, am naturally fair :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Its sad how these fair and lovely ads make people think that its all about the complexion and zilch on IQ, EQ personality…Be fair or dark or whatever color you can be as long as ur lovely….. :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:
I agree!! 🙂 :yes:
So true. I saw this (probably dunken) graffiti outside a pub:
“My mother wants me to marry a fair girl but I told her my girlfriend is dark and lovely.”
I hope this changing attitude of men helps solve our “unfair” debate. 🙂
Lol, nice graffiti! I think the change in men’s attitude is already underway, Akshatha. I’ve seen a lot of guys actually prefer tanned/dusky girls over chalky white ones. The real change will come though when we see matrimonial ads without the words “wanted: fair bride” in them. 😛
I completely agree!! As a dark-complexioned South Indian girl growing up in Bombay I was constantly made to feel inadequate because of that one thing. It took coming to the States for me to realize I’m attractive & intelligent & my worth need not be dictated by how much melanin I have
I know some person who is going to be very happy to read this- let me forward it to her 😉
So many recipes! :woot: Which one to follow?
Also, I will pukka make an omlette trying out recipe #7. :(( How to go about it?
(will eating the omlette thus made have complexion benefits? ) :tongue:
Naturally fair? then why try this methods? best is to keep your skin cleansed, nourished and moisturized….follow a healthy diet, exercise some and wear sunscreens and caps when out!
Anyways, I love getting a slight tan! Gives a natural bronzing look!
thank you, well written article.it’s of great help
Nice article 🙂
Bt I feel that hydroquinone should never be used without dermatologist’s subscription… Its very harmful :nababana:
Rest all are great tips and good not only to become fairer (which I feel isn’t important to look beautiful) bt also to maintain a healthy glow on your face.
I myself use turmeric and lemon sometimes to remove tan is I forget sunscreen and I very much like it. :rose:
It’s great & I believe that u can only be as fair as u already are…..the above methods just help remove tan etc that hide your real complexion
Good tips but I think they’d mostly work to just brighten up your skin. The natural skin colour can be drastically changed only through chemical methods. All that these lemon, papaya, yogurt and other products do is simply remove tan and give a subtle glow.
And correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t hydroquinone supposed to be harmful for the skin? I think there’s even some de-pigmentation cream by FabIndia which proudly proclaims to be free of this ingredient.
nice tips … ll def. try em out 🙂 :thanks: :thanks:
wow..this would surely help i guess so for my tans
sad that so many want lighter skin. There is nothing wrong with having dark skin. I must admit, I don’t understand wanting my tan to fade.. Calling it “fair” (as opposed to “unfair”) skin attributes to the misunderstanding of beauty. Hopefully this is some food for thought. We can do better than this…it’s 2012!