WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
By Hritika Sharma
I came to know about this product a year ago, when a friend told me about its ability to scrub of all the dead skin to clear out my already fair but a bit dull complexion.
The product claims that its main ingredient, Papaya is a luscious tropic fruit with enzymes known for their revitalizing and healing benefits. This exfoliating scrub is blended with pure papaya fruit to dissolve dead surface cells, unclog pore openings and smooth the way for clear skin to surface. Gentle refining action uncovers skin’s natural brightness for a younger-looking complexion.
Instructions for use:
Before applying the product, wetting of face and neck is required, followed by massaging with fingertips. The eye contour is to be avoided. The product could be removed water or damp washcloth.
There is a note stating that “This is not a cosmetic product. It has therapeutic properties” which relieves me of any chemical side effects of its constituents.
Papita (Carica papaya), Kela (Musa sapientum), Khajoor (Phoenix dactylifera), Neem (Melia azadiradrachita), Methi (Trgonelia foenum graecum), Yasad bhasm (Zincum), Ban haldi (Curcuma aromatica), Aam beej (Magnifela indica), Bees wax, Gun acacia (Acacia arabica), Moongphali (Archis hypogea), Himalayan water Q.S.
Cost: 85 g /INR 199.0
235g / INR 520.0
My experience with Biotique Bio Papaya Smoothing and Revitalizing Scrub:
My skin tends to get oily during summer season and very dry during winters. Although my skin is fair but I have a problem of clogged pores which eventually leads to blackheads.
I tried this product on a rainy afternoon so as to remove the dead layer of skin on my face which gave a very dull and tired feel. The exfoliating scrubbing particles in this product gave a promising hope to me that this will really work hard enough to get rid of the dead skin and open my pores having loads of blackheads in it. And to my utter surprise, after scrubbing for around a minute, it really made my skin softer than before. This scrub claims to be used daily but I strongly feel against it as daily scrubbing may eventually hurt your skin. The scrub particles in it are really very active and big which can indeed make your skin alive but excess of everything is bad. So, once or twice a week of scrubbing is enough to get that flawless skin. I cannot stop touching my soft and glowing cheeks after the wiping off the product. 🙂 I really love it!
Pros of Biotique Bio Papaya Smoothing and Revitalizing Scrub:
1) It really made my skin super soft.
2) I like the natural smell of this product which is very weak and pleasant. So no problem for those who are allergic to extreme fragrances.
3) The exfoliating particles seem to be big and active and with gentle rubbing, they are excellent to get rid of dead cells.
4) It is a 100% Botanical product, therefore no chance of any harmful effects. And in this plastic and chemical world, it is need of the hour to go natural.
5) It also moisturizes the skin without letting it get oily which is an add-on benefit.
6) It has the revitalizing capacity to turn a dull skin to a fresher looking one.
7) A minute or two of scrubbing twice a week can make lots of difference to your skin texture and open the pores for naturally fairer skin.
Cons of Biotique Bio Papaya Smoothing and Revitalizing Scrub:
1) The product comes with a very open jar which can lead to contamination if you insert dirty fingers into it. But if you maintain the good hygiene, it is not really a con.
2) It can be called a bit expensive but considering the benefits it provide, it is worth the price.
And I will definitely recommend buying this product again and again for the sake of your healthy skin care regimen and everlasting youth.
Biotique Cucumber Water Toner
Biotique Bio Watercress Fresh Nourishing Conditioner
Biotique Bio Quince Seed Nourishing Face Massage Cream
Biotique Mountain Ebony Fresh Growth Stimulating Serum
L’Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Moisturist Intense Smoothing Masque
Toni & Guy Frizz Smoothing Curl Shampoo
The Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Mask
Toni and Guy Frizz Smoothing Curl Conditioner
Himalaya Herbals Revitalising Hair Oil Review
Health & Beauty Benefits of Papaya
Nature’s Essence Papaya Pack -Review
Green Tea Face Scrub: Do It Yourself
Khadi Rose Face Scrub