Biotique Bio Redwood Tinted Moisturizer- Review
I have the driest skin anybody could have. I mean I apply moisturizer at least 4-5 a day. So I have to face dry patches, tightness, pulling of my skin and what not when I apply makeup. So I used to avoid wearing makeup everyday.
But, then I came across Biotique’s Natural Tinted Moisturizer. This beauty made my life so much simpler.
The Biotique’s Natural Tinted Moisturizer has all natural ingredients. It is available in three varieties, namely- Peach, Rose and Olive. The SA at the store was very unsure about the shades. But, I guessed by the names that Rose was for light skin tones, Peach for medium and Olive for darker tones. But I still went ahead and bought the Rose one. (I hate olives and their smell; they didn’t have Peach at that time.)
I was a bit skeptical because of the shades, but it had all natural ingredients and SPF 30 with UVA and UVB protection!!! So I bought it. It was priced at Rs. 299/- for 55g. So it was pretty good pricing.
All the three varieties have the following ingredients in common. I checked out their Ayurvedic uses for you.-
- Raktachandan- Cooling and soothing
- Arjuna Bark- Astringent, effective against Acne
- Ashwagandha- Revitalizer, evens out skin tone
- Nag keshar- Antiseptic activity, also brightens skin tone
- Madhu (Honey)- Softens and hydrates skin
- Cream base
The additional ingredients in each variety are-
Rose- Gulab pushp: Toner, skin brightener
Peach- Adu: Natural skin softener
Olive- Jaitun: Skin softener, prevents ageing
The product has a consistency which I would place in between a cold cream and soufflé.
How to use Biotique Bioredwood Tinted Moisturizer- (Pack information)
- Apply to cleansed skin every morning, before sun exposure. Dot forehead, nose, chin and cheeks, then blend well. Perfect to use in place of foundation.
- It is not a cosmetic product. It has therapeutic properties.
I use fingertips or sponge to apply this. But the sponge absorbs this hungrily. So fingertips it is!!
Here’s why I love Biotique’s Tinted Moisturizer-
- It has a mild rose fragrance which I absolutely adore.
- It gets absorbed into the skin readily. Hence, does not look whitish or cakey. Adding some loose or compact powder on top sets it perfectly.
- As it is absorbed into the skin like a moisturizer, I don’t think it will matter what shade you choose. I mean I am pretty dark skinned, but the Rose variant looks absolutely natural on me.
- It is a very good moisturizer. I don’t feel any dryness or pulling.
- It is very cooling and soothing on the skin.
- It does not give a very heavy coverage. But evens out the skin tone and hides patchy complexion.
- My skin has this lovely dewy glow on application. I prefer this whenever I want the dewy look.
- NO BREAKOUTS… YAY!!! 😀
- Holds blush, eye shadows, powders and bronzers well.
- It is really value for money. The jar should last me at least a year; after which I’ll try the Peach one. The shelf life is 3 years.
- I tried to layer my Dream matte mousse and Maxfactor Natural Mineral Foundation on this. They all go very well together. I mix and match these three to achieve different finishes and coverage.
- I don’t apply any sunscreen on my face if I am wearing this. And I have never tanned or sunburnt wearing this. 🙂
And here’s why I will deduct points for Biotique Bioredwood Tinted Moisturizer-
- No testers!!! How does a person choose if you have no testers? I chose Rose simply because I like its fragrance!!! 😮
- It comes in that routine green jar of Biotique. It is fine when it’s new. But as the product starts depleting I’ll have to scoop it out with a spoon.
- I would have loved it to be packaged in a wide mouthed but short tub. Or a tube or a pump…. Anything but that dratted jar… 🙁
- If the three variants are really for different skin tones, they should put it on the jar.
- Also, below the screw-cap there is this white lid which is always smeared with the product. So I slipped a plastic cover from my old compact in between. 😉
- Apart from the messy packaging, I really don’t have any problem with it. 🙂
- If you use a large amount, it doesn’t get absorbed and your skin will look oily and shiny.
- I have no idea how this product will behave on an oily skin, as it is a pretty heavy moisturizer. Should work well on combination skin. Though the jar says- “For all skin types”.
All in all, I totally love this product. It keeps my skin moisturized, gives me a nice glow, evens out my skin tone and has SPF 30(!!!). I would have given it 5 stars happily if only it had better packaging.
My rating for Biotique Bioredwood Tinted Moisturizer-
I cannot wait to buy the Peach variant, but I am controlling myself. As soon as this gets over, I am going for the Peach.
Has anybody with oily skin tried this??
So, until next time…
64 thoughts on “Biotique Bio Redwood Tinted Moisturizer- Review”
I want ITTTTTTTTT…!!!!
Welcome back. 🙂 How was your trip? 🙂
went great. loved the weather, sea, and food
Oh wow!! 🙂 Full on preprations go on no! 🙂
Oh Sarah, you send me your address I’ll mail it to you… And you can mail me the Hashmi Kajal in turn… Deal???
Where do you stay Mrunmayee? We get hashmi kajal here in Delhi acc to a friend of mine…
Ki , According to Rati as well, we her Hashmi Kajal in Delhi he he : https://makeupandbeauty.com/quick-delhi-cosmetic-market-updates-maybelline-colorbar-lakme-and-hashmi/
😛 missed that one!!! I heard you get it in green park so was planning to go there post exams! My local guy doesn’t have it :((
Hey ki. I stay in Nagpur, maharashtra.. Delhi and Lahore are almost equidistant!!! :laugh:
Let me know if it’s easier to send within India though. I’d be happy too. :))
Oh you are so sweet Ki. Thanks… :heart:
aww how sweet of you. :rose:
Would love to try it. :-)) ..but went and bought Max factor foundation and also Ponds Tinted Moisturiser..
So..maybe later.. 😐
Which Max Factor foundation you got? I have one called age renew foundation
The same one Rati..Age renew
I almost bought AGE RENEW and the natural minera;s both.. 😉
But i went with the minerals one as i had never tried that type before..
Is the age renew any good??? ?:-)
Mrunmayee, so far so good. Haven’t used too much to be able to pass the judgement. But I don’t feel the heaviness or cakiness of the foundation after applying it. 🙂
I am psyched, Poornima. And you know why. 😛
Hey, how’s the Ponds TM??
I was on the verge of buying Pond’s TM . I was surprised how tiny the bottle is. But that’s not the point they didn’t have the recent stock available with them. I swatched it and it completely disappeared on my skin just leaving behind a nice evenness.
Haven’t heard the complaints yet and would be buying it myself.
I wil wait for someone with oily skin to review this one 😛
but yeah, when I was checking it out, the SA told me rose is for dark skin and olive for light! But they didn’t sound that way! :idk: So I just left it there 😛
has any oily skin reviewed this one…i m very eager to try out..but..i get breakouts..so thinking twice
I wish they had something like this for oily skin … and I agree about Biotique’s packaging!
I womder if it would suit oily skin. If it is heavy for dry skin I doubt it would go well for people with oily skin. :-/
I have serious doubts if it will suit oily skin.. :idk: :idk:
Biotique packs it with a “take me or leave it” attitude, but I have started to liking the range very much.
Yeah, jomol.. The products are sooo good, that’s why we have to endure those repulsive jars.. And what’s with that green colour… :pissedoff:
I have both the Ponds and Biotique Tinted Moisturiser..the differences i found are
a.) Ponds TM blends in really well but doesn’t really give you a dewy look.You only need the slightist bit to moisturise your face
b.) Biotique gives you a subtle glow however its a bit too oily. You may want to give it some time to absorbed into your skin before stepping out..Has this lovely lingering smell.. 🙂
I also guessed and bought the one in rose. In my case the SA (Empire Stores-Blr) didn’t know the product existed or that there were 3 diff varieties 😕 I had to pull out the biotique product chart and point it out to her !
Wow Rakhi… :laugh: Thanks for the comparison… :-))
That is a revelation…You mean the Empire Stores in Comm St?
@ Poornima – Yup thats the one. Right opp Westside in Comm St ,in the basement. They stock almost everything. Lot more stuff as compared to H&G. But be prepared to go with lots of patience as the SAs are largely clueless!! Not to mention, they move around in swarms so be prepared to be attacked as soon as you step in 😛
@Mrunmayee – Ur very welcome 😀
Yeah I know that shop. The SA s are always doing gup shup sitting in groups.
I think it is a common thing among SAs here. :meeting: So unprofessional. :pumpkin:
Ooh..sounds nice..I would love to try this one. Nice review :-))
Thank you Jane… :-)) :-))
I am using this product for a while now. i am fed up with its oilyness.Not for hot and humid summer.but the product claimed something different!!!!!! very bad. :-X
I am an Olay loyalist but could not resist this product 🙂 so pickd up the Rose one..i forced the SAs to give me a tester 😛 n luckily the SA at H&G in Garuda mall is somewat ok.. the Olive has an oily finish and the ROse one has a matte finish.. love the smell n color n al, in testing phase now 🙂
hey Mrunmayee… nicely reviewed and has given me courage to go out and buy the same. I have a biotique store near my place i will go and check its availability.. :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:
grt pots. i hav bought this product and totally love it. thnx 4 a grt review.
Hello all, I am a 28 year old mother and blessed with a lovely baby girl named Vanshika she is very pretty. I was a very goodlooking woman in my life till i become a mother. But after delivery I am facing different skin problems and they are just increasing day by day. So Anyone there who can help me out . To elaborate I have a wheatish skin and my skin problems are loose skin, unevewn skin tone, under eye circles, tanned skin and black heads. i have tried so many products but nothing satisfied my requirements. I have gone into severe depression for this . As I was a TV artist and got compliments for m,y flawless skin but now ……………………………………….. I would be moprethan thankfull if anyone can help me out and suggest me some products which will actually work. Anxiously waiting.
Hey MunMun…. Welcome to IMBB:) This is the perfect place to find cures for ur depression. I am listing some useful concoctions and products that have been reviewed here
1 try my vit c serum here
2 drink lots of water and begin exercising. Even 30 min a day/ five days a week will make u feel and look better!
3. Some products that I found effective are aroma magic mineral glow scrub.
4. Start following regular CTM routine if not already doing so:)
Ekta well said! :yes: :yes:
Munmun, congrats on becoming a mom! Dont worry, follow a good routine, eat ur fruits n veggies n exercise n u’ll look amazing in no time!
hi..thank you for the review.I bought this in peach few days back n m repenting it. Because it is the darkest shade and looks like ash on my very fair skin.The SA had no tester and she told me that this would suit my complexion.So,I suggest all fair skinned ladies to go for rose instead, in fact later I came to know that peach is the darkest shade.This is a very good product,but plz choose the correct shade.Aneways can ane1 suggest hw will I use ths dark TM.
I thought rose is a dark shade. I used it & found really dark on my skin. Peach is most fair color but unfortunately no coverage at all & too oily. With that dark shade I use to mix pond’s flawless white day cream, which is totally non-oily & pinkish white in shade. It made my skin healthier thats sure, but shade doesn’t work. 🙁
You can also mix it with some whitening cream.
Excellent review Mrunmayee:)) thanks a ton! Was reading the reviews of the so called BB Creams by garnier and maybelline. Then remembered this tinted moisturizer which actually is a BB cream!
Munmun:Congrats for the baby:).
i m 21, but i got the same skin problem as yours. nd it make me sumtyms look a bit older then my age.M a photographic model too nd found a perfect solution for it .
I use “BIO products and AMWAY products” simultaneously.AMway hydrating cleanser,toner and lotion worked miracle on my skin,costlier ones but lasts for 3 months each product. worth it!
BIO products(NOT biotique) are naturopathy ones and work wonders for all types of skin. u will get dat easilly in bangalore
Sangita: mix the face lotion(any) in ratio 4:1,lotion being in large qty and apply in dot motion . Brush shear compact in circular motion to even the tones ,patches, nd oilyness. .. u will get ur desired tone of moisturiser
hey after reading ur review i did buy this one n really liked it. so a big thank you 🙂
i ws looking out for a tinted moisturiser sincs looooooong but nw it hs jst come to an end as this one hs suited me so well. no breakouts. absolutely light as compared to foundation but decent coverage ofcourse. Just that i didnt find it moisturising a lot for winters (as heard frm so many) or may b i hv too dry skin . whtever bt i am vry happy with this purchase and the credit goes to you and your followers :))
Hey great review!! After reading I definitely want to try it. I hope it’ll suit the combination skin!! 🙂