Thirst Quencher for your oily skin?
Reading the above lines, the first thing that comes to anyone’s mind would be-oily skin and thirsty? Most of the time I have oil oozing all over my T zone and the last thing I would call an oily skin is thirsty! However, irrespective of the skin type, we are still advised to follow the CTM routine. And, if the right products in the right order are not used, skin will become oilier and thirstier! This is where I would like to introduce a tonic – Bottega Di Lungavita Linfa Age Tonic Lotion For Oily Skin.
About the Brand:
Bottega Di Lungavita was born in the Italian Alps and now has over 30 years of operation. Just like some of our famous Indian brands who draw inspiration from ayurveda, this brand has tried to marry age old tradition with scientific innovation. Their products are derived from the knowledge of balance between tradition and innovation, nature and science.
What the brand says about the product
• Toning and oxygenating the skin, freeing it from an excess of obstructive sebum and dead cell residues.
• Alcohol –free tonic with an astringent, perfect for acne prone skin.
• Normalizing the epidermis and restoring the correct pH.
• Formula Free from Parabens, SLES, Alcohols, Colorants, Allergens.Eco Certified Surfactants and natural ingredients.
Rose, Hamamelis (witch Hazel), cucumber juice as the key ingredients.
Not mentioned, but use within 12 months of opening.
How to Use:
The instructions say that it goes on after milk cleansing and helps to remove residual milk and impurities. Personally, I use it immediately after cleansing my face with face wash.
INR 990 for 250 ml.
My Experience with Bottega Di Lungavita Linfa Age Tonic Lotion For Oily Skin:
Packaging: It is a brown tinted plastic bottle with a wide mouth. It came packed in a cardboard packaging of similar shade with info about the brand. The bottle has a white stopper with a hole to ensure free flow of the tonic onto a cotton pad.
Product: The moment you open the bottle, a comforting whiff of roses and cucumber meets you. It is a transparent liquid with watery consistency, which made it difficult for me to click a picture since it ran down my hand, each time. It gets easily absorbed into a cotton pad and with equal ease, glides on the face. The smell lasts for 15 minutes after application, unless another product is applied.
Usually, after removing makeup and a thorough face cleansing, I feel like letting my skin be and not pile any new product for at least half an hour. But, after a salicylic or tea tree face wash, oily and acne prone skin starts feeling dry, if left unattended. That’s where this thirst quencher comes in. Just a mild glide of this tonic on my face and neck leaves my skin satisfied for some time. The calming whiff further relaxes you.
Now I am not claiming that this tonic is all you need. Moisturiser must follow, but not necessarily immediately. As the tonic soaks up, the suppleness lasts for an hour. Then, follow your regular night schedule of serum + night cream etc. Below is how I experimented with this Bottega Di Lungavita Linfa Age Tonic Lotion after my face wash to test its efficacy with different products:
1) I applied tonic on one side of the face, nothing on other. Next morning, tonic side was less oily.
2) Next night, I applied tonic on one side of face and tonic plus FE Patchouli night cream on other. Next morning, the cream side was suppler. Oiliness was equal on both the sides.
3) Third night, tonic + cream on one side and tonic plus TBS Drops of Youth Serum and Cream on other side. Next morning, I found the serum side slightly more oily.
Conclusion: Though, I am not sure what I was trying to do with above experiment, I realised that this tonic is not just a toner. I still use it as a toner substitute, it has its own unique properties for nourishing the skin. For some, it may require a change in the consistency of their moisturizer, or even elimination of one product.
It definitely works on reducing oiliness, and it soothes acne too. I did not notice any reduction in acne, but it doesn’t claim to do so either. I avoid using this during day time when I am going out since skin gel + sunscreen + makeup…you get the picture!
Summarizing the Pros and Cons
Pros of Bottega Di Lungavita Linfa Age Tonic Lotion For Oily Skin:
• Definitely works on oil secretion reduction, personally tested during overnight usage.
• Soothes and calms the skin, the smell further comforts you.
• Can help in switching current routine to lighter consistency or moving towards fewer products for night skin care.
• Formula Free from Parabens, SLES, Alcohols, Colorants, Allergens. Eco Certified Surfactants and natural ingredients.
• Sufficient quantity to last you around 8-10 months with daily usage.
• Appears expensive, but for the effectiveness and the quantity, it is quite affordable.
Cons of Bottega Di Lungavita Linfa Age Tonic Lotion For Oily Skin:
• The bottle is big and bulky. Pump dispenser would have worked better. I transfer it in a travel size bottle for ease of use.
• This is not a 100% natural product. Some popular preservatives are a part of ingredients, thought they may help out with the acne relaxation part.
Would I Recommend/Repurchase Bottega Di Lungavita Linfa Age Tonic Lotion For Oily Skin?
I am going to repurchase it. I have tried a lot of toners out there and some even more expensive than this one. This was my first tonic and it has lived upto all its claims. I am yet to come across another product with similar claims and/or better functionality, but till then I will stick to this.
Pond’s Age Miracle Overnight Repair Dream Night Cream
Ponds Age Miracle Concentrated Resurfacing Serum
Bollywood Actresses Who Don’t Look Their Age
MaxFactor Age Renew Foundation
Forest Essentials Panchpushp Facial Tonic Mist
Kaya Revitalising Skin Tonic
Parachute Advansed Soft Touch Body Lotion For Dry Skin
Victoria’s Secret Love Spell Midnight Hydrating Body Lotion
Makeup for Oily Skin
6 Best Concealers for Oily Skin
Winter Skin Care Routine For Oily Skin
30 Best Clay Masks Available in India For Oily Skin