WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Review of Bourjois Brush Concealer
Honest confession: Before joining IMBB I was totally unaware about the concealers. So after joining IMBB I came to know that what are concealer, how to use, where to use, when to use and which are the best concealing products. Thanks to all of you that I came to know about concealers…
What Bourjois says about Concealer:
- Wake up your eyes!
- Illuminating and smoothing formula.
- With soft focus pigments
Its airy, light and blendable texture is enhanced with silicone allowing a soft and fluid result on application.
The formula enriched with mineral pigments smoothes and diminishes imperfections while reflecting light.
The pen-style packaging with its ‘turn and click’ mechanism provides the perfect amount of product every time making application a breeze.
Price: I bought my Bourjois Brush Concealer for 650 INR
Available Shades: Only 2 shades are available
2) Beige Rose 82
Just paint onto the eye area, blemishes area and blend it in with a fingertip or with the concealer brush (I am using Sigma concealer brush).
AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, C30-45 ALKYL CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CHLORPHENESIN, ALUMINA, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALCOHOL DENAT., PEG-8, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, METHICONE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHEROL, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ASCORBIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, DENATONIUM BENZOATE, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)
How to apply the Bourjois Brush Concealer:
Twist the base of the concealer pen and soon the thick liquid will appear in between the bristles in the in-built brush. but wait for sometime after you twist the bottom because it does take a little while for the product to slowly come out … too much twistingand you’ll end up with product overload on the brush and most of it will end up being a waste because you won’t be able to apply the concealer properly with too much product on the brush.
WOW factors of Bourjois Brush Concealer
- The concealer blends easily on my eye area, corner of my lips and on chin area..
- It doesn’t look fake.
- It doesn’t cake too badly and doesn’t crease underneath the eye
- I don’t have very dark circles, and it works amazingly on my dark circles, it hides them very well.
- I have this in ‘Medium’ (‘Light’ is also available) and it matches my skin tone very well
- The coverage is between sheer and medium which I think is perfect for achieving a more natural look; it doesn’t completely hide very dark shadows but the coverage is enough to achieve a more ‘wide-awake’ appearance
- Good staying power (not completely waterproof though) and easily removed at the end of the day
- The texture is light and workable, the product does a good job of minimizing circles (which is what it’s meant for)
- Packaging is great for touch up when u need to cover up some areas again.
- Quality of the product is very good, glides on smoothly
- Its light weight and it’s easy to apply as it disappears when I tap it lightly with my finger.
- It may not totally cover very very dark circles however; it may reduce the appearance of being a panda.
- I normally use it on the top lid and the bottom of the lower lid and eye area to brighten up the eyes. … you can also use it to cover up blemishes and skin discoloration as this concealer masks them beautifully!!!
- If you rub it in, you’ll barely notice any difference – the key is to lightly tap onto the skin until you’ve reached the required coverage.
- Feels light enough to wear around the eyes, without feeling dry.
- The packaging is very compact to carry it with you anywhere easily.
What I don’t like about the Bourjois Brush Concealer:
- You twist the bottom of the pen and concealer comes out to the brush, but the brush is quite firm so I use my fingers or brush instead.
- Sometimes I end up twisting the pen too much and excess concealer comes out which is a slight waste.
- Doesn’t give illuminating effect at all.
- Very limited range of shades.. Only 2 shades
- If you have very very dark circles I am not sure whether you will find it suitable it or not as it provides light to medium coverage.
- Scent of the concealer is weird.
All and all its good product and suits me well. If you have very very dark circles then I will definitely not recommend this…