E.L.F. Corrective Concealer Review
I have always found most of E.L.F.’s products to be amazing for their price. I really like trying out new ELF products as even if I don’t like a particular product, it doesn’t break my bank. When I saw this concealer palette on the website, I had to try it out. The concept looked nice and the idea of 4 different colors in a single palette really intrigued me.
There are 4 shades (light and darker skin shades, a pinkish shade as well as a greenish shade) to tackle all problem areas on the face – skin color shades to deal with the purplish undereye circles, greenish shade for the red areas and the pinkish shade to counter the yellowness on the face.
Each shade can be used alone or combined with other to get the desired shade. So, here’s my take on this Corrective Concealer Palette, which is part of E.L.F.’s studio line.
ELF claims that this concealer is specially designed to camouflage skin imperfections like no other! Each shade has its own purpose in helping achieve a flawless skin. Use the nude and beige shade to conceal those problematic areas, the green shade to neutralize redness and the lilac shade to brighten yellow tones.\
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Mica, Candelilla Wax (Candelilla Cera), Synthetic Wax, Triacontanyl PVP, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax). May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Maganese Violet (CI77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).
nonpareilboutique.com, other online stores where E.L.F. cosmetics are sold, drugstores abroad, amazon, ebay, etc.
What I Love About E.L.F. Corrective Concealer:
• As with all E.L.F. studio line products, the packaging is quite nice. It looks classy and doesn’t come across as a $3 product.
• The product comes with a mirror and a brush. The mirror is decent sized.
(Swatches of the colors after multiple swipes)
What I Don’t Love About E.L.F. Corrective Concealer:
• None of the 4 colors are creamy. They are extremely waxy to touch and it is extremely difficult to take the product out even with the brush or with fingers, not sure if the product needs to be heated up before it can be applied.
• The colors are way too sheer to provide any sort of coverage to any problem area.
• None of the 2 skin colors do anything for the dark circles. The colors don’t cover anything and do not blend into the skin. Instead, the formula is such that the product just sits on and highlights the fine lines and creases under the eyes. The pinkish shade is also a complete failure. It doesn’t brighten up the face and doesn’t cut down on the yellowness at all.
• Even for people with light undereye circles or for someone who wants a very light natural coverage, this product is going to be a total miss as rather than giving a natural finish. It gives the illusion as if you have something ashy or white applied to the face and this shows even through a foundation or a powder is applied on top of it.
• The palette is not a universal one. Not everyone will find a perfect match either with the colors on their own or combining 2 or more colors. Having said that, even if the palette came in different shades, it would still have the same horrible formula and coverage.
• The colors cannot be built up. It’s still too sheer even after applying numerous coats and it just looks cakey, creasy and grayish.
• The brush looks cute, but even with the right product, it is not a good concealer brush as the bristles are very small and do not cover larger areas. The bristles are also quite sparse and do not work well at all.
• It seems E.L.F. just got everything wrong with this concealer. Even this staying power is not good.
0.5 out of 5.
Will I Recommend/Buy Again?
It’s just a horrible product. Neither will I rebuy it nor will I ever recommend it to anyone. I think after taking pics for this review, I am just going to chuck it in the trash can. E.L.F. seriously needs to work on the formula of this concealer palette, as right now, it’s just a bad, bad product. No coverage, bad texture, no staying power, shades are bad, not creamy. Everything that can go wrong with a concealer is incorporated in this one palette. Totally disappointed. (BTW, the half star is for the cute packaging!)
ELF Cosmetics Hits and Misses – Part 1
E.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
ELF Nail Polish Remover Pads & Nail Polish Review + Swatches
ELF Brightening Eye Color Quad Punk Funk Review, Swatches
E.L.F. Studio Cream Eye Liner Coffee Review, Swatch, EOTD
ELF Hypershine Lipgloss in Berry Cherry
E.L.F Shimmer Eye Pencils – Review & Swatches
ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Royal Review, Photos, Swatches
ELF Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths
E.L.F. Eyebrow Stencil Kit
E.L.F. Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter Duo Glow/Medium
ELF Plumping Lip Glaze Plum Pout Review, Swatch, Photos
ELF Mineral Eye Shadow Primer
ELF Cosmetics Hits & Misses Part 3
ELF Cosmetics Hits & Misses Part 2
ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer
ELF Studio Lip Primer and Plumper
ELF Eye Widener
Elf Facial Shimmer Whip
MAC Studio Finish Concealer
Basic Concealer Application Tips
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer Review + FOTD
NYX Concealer in a Jar – Orange and Yellow
Colorbar Stick Concealer
Revlon Photo Ready Powder, Concealer, Foundation, Compact Makeup
Mac Select Cover-up Concealer Review, Swatch, Photo
Colorbar Full Cover Concealer Review, Swatch, EOTD
Chambor Luminous Compact Powder, Loose Powder, Concealer Photos
Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer
Avon Haul: Glimmersticks Diamonds Eyeliner, Ideal Shade Concealer Stick
Concealer under Rs 500 : Ask IMBB
Bourjois Brush Concealer
E.L.F. Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter Duo Glow/Medium
Revlon PhotoReady Stick Concealer
Chambor Radiant Touch Up Concealer Review, Swatch, Photos
Colorbar Concealer is Back!
MAC & Mickey Contractor Duo Concealer, Lipglass Photos, Swatches
23 thoughts on “E.L.F. Corrective Concealer Review”
that is such a bummer else it would have been a perfect product to have. Infact when i first saw the shades i was almost expecting to read a happy ending and figure out if I could find it online..kind of similar to the NYX orange pot things for under eye dark circles which I never found.:(
i wish it worked…such a cute palette and perfect for travelling!
errr… such a dodo :spank: :spank: :spank: the palette looks so pretty otherwise. 🙄 🙄
yeah was so excited when i got it in the mail but oh well 🙁
me too was thinking about this getting a good rating when i saw the pic, but just 0.5 :hunterwali:
:thanks: for review Bhawana
u r welcome vid!
:waiting: :waiting: :hunterwali: :hunterwali: :spank: :spank: baddddddd product
gosh look at the swatches after several swipes :yuck:
:nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
haww..this seems such a dud!! :nababana: :nababana: :nababana: :nababana: :nababana: :nababana: :nababana: :nababana:
oh when i started reading the review I thought it would turn out to be a decent palette :waiting:
same here Parita.. just read a good review about ELF foundation but this is bad.. :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: .. complete waste :scream: :scream:
Do you get this product in India???
😯 😯 :hypnotized: :hypnotized: :ghost2: :ghost2: :ghost2:
:tremble: :tremble: :tremble: :tremble: :tremble:
What a turn-off! But the packaging is nice otherwise… 🙄 🙄
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Nice review Bhawana…
when people in imbb review such bad products, it will a helping hand for others out there since they wont waste money on these products ever… :cheers: :cheers: :balle: :balle:
thanks visakhi! its such a disappointment when a product u have been waiting for so eagerly turns out to be a complete dud but at least it helps others! thats def. a silver lining 🙂
hawww never expected this, when i saw the pics, i thought i would read a better review but alas, it wasnt good
y would they manufacture such products.or i guess they r not for indian skin may work better for gori choris….but still the waxy texture makes no sense….. :nababana:
oh..even I thought it would be good..but these concealer palettes are a little waxy only..even my 15 wala palette is..