I am writing a review after a long time (I feel) as I was really busy with year ending stuff and all at office. March was quite an hectic month, glad it’s over now. I missed you all a lot!
Now moving to the review. I wanted to try Bourjois foundations since long, so around New Year’s time, I grabbed one from an online shopping site. The shade I selected was “85 miel subtil” because I felt this shade had some yellow undertones (from the swatches online).
Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation gives a shine free matte complexion. This mousse is made from a fine mineral and ensures light coverage that lets the skin breathe. The mousse is packaged in a small pot, and gives a seamless effect and easy application.
The light formula creates a velvety surface and a smooth matte finish. The range contains 4 shades with coated mineral pigments for a matte and radiant complexion all day long and it’s good for your skin! Let’s skin breathe. Preserves essential moisture. No added preservatives. Dermatologically tested.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, Tribehenin, C30-45 alkyl methicone, Lauryl PCA, C30-45 Olefin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane , Parfum, Mica.
My Experience with Bourjois Mineral Matte Foundation:
I have heard rave reviews about Bourjois foundations and after doing a lot of research, I chose this one from their entire range, and I am so happy about my decision. I have oily skin and it tends to be very oily during summers. This is the first foundation I got that survived Kerala’s humid climate.
When I got this, I was a bit disappointed with the shade, I thought its darker than my skin tone, but I was wrong. After a few minutes of application, it adapts to my skin tone and doesn’t oxidise further and it looks perfectly natural on me. The mousse texture is amazing and easy to blend if you are using a brush for it. If you are using fingers to blend, spraying toner on it will help. No need of setting it with powder.
I hope you can see how natural it looks after blending.
I don’t need a moisturizer underneath, I just use sunscreen with it. Girls with dry/combination skin will also like it, but they may need a moisturizer too.
Summing up the pros and cons:
Pros of Bourjois Mineral Matte Foundation:
- It’s a long wear makeup. I put it on my face in the morning and it’s still the same in the evening.
- It survives hot and humid climate. If you sweat a lot during summers, this one is perfect for you.
- Looks natural on me, nothing cakey.
- It contains minerals which are supposed to be good for skin.
- The shade I bought suited me well, but I can’t comment on the shade selection, since I bought it online.
- I never needed powder to set it.
- It gives medium to almost full coverage. It won’t conceal the red pimple marks, but it will make them look diminished 😉
- A perfect matte foundation for this summer 😉
- One of the best foundations available for oily skin. In summer, all skin types will love it.
Cons of Bourjois Mineral Matte Foundation:
- Major con according to me is limited availability. I don’t have stores here which sell Bourjois products.
- Dry skin beauties won’t like it in winters.
- It comes in a tub packaging, which is unhygienic (but we can’t use a mousse foundation through a pump dispenser 😀 ). You have to use your fingers to take it out (I use ice cream spoons).
- It contains silicones.
I love this foundation very much and I will repurchase it whenever I need to.
This is an amazing foundation, do give it a try if you can.
Have you used this foundation? Please share your experience if you did.
Bourjois Mineral Enriched Loose Powder
Bourjois Brush Concealer
Best Bourjois Products : Ask IMBB
Powder Bronzer : Bourjois Delice De Soleil Bronzing Powder
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
Bourjois Flower Perfection Translucent Smoothing Primer
Street Wear Stay on Mineral Foundation
L’Oreal Minerals Kohl Powder Eyeliner
L’Oreal Paris True Match Mineral Foundation
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Blush
The Body Shop Nature’s Minerals Foundation
MAC Matte Creme
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation
Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick Peach Carnation
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer
Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
Revlon PhotoReady Makeup SPF 20 Foundation
Loreal True Match Foundation
Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup
Revlon Custom Creations Foundation with SPF 15
Streetwear Color Rich Foundation: Shade Natural