WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
e.l.f. shimmer eye pencils – review and swatches
Hi pretty ladies, I am back again with another review. I asked Rati for letting me do this one a long time ago, but I got little pre-occupied with a huge assignment. So at last I am here. I will be reviewing e.l.f. cosmetics shimmer eye liner pencils today. I shared my little e.l.f. haul a few days ago HERE
I am a huge eye makeup fan. So, when I saw these babies on e.l.f. website, I went crazy. I was so desparate that I requested my IMBB friend Aarthi to ask her sister to bring me them. 🙂
About the product:
- Instantly brighten your eyes with the shimmering metallic liner that glides on smoothly without tugging the delicate eye area.
- The bold color add a depth and definition for a glamorous look.
Safe, gentle formula.
Instantly beautiful, healthy-looking eyes designed, formulated and tested by our professional team of makeup artists.
(as written on the pack)
Price: $1 each.
Weight: 0.05 oz/ 1.38g
Ricinus Communis (castor) seed oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Mica, Microcrystalline wax, Synthetic beeswax, Euphorbia Cerifera (candelilla) wax, Copernicia Cerifera (carnauba) wax, BHT, Propylparaben.
May contain: Iron Oxides, Manganese violet, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow No.5 Lake, Red No.40 Lake, Ultramarine violet, Blue no.1 lake.
1. Apply to the lash line alone, under or over eyeshadow as desired.
2. Create a special occasion smokey eye by lining both upper and lower lashlines, blending ans smudging out for a colorful, trendy eye look.
e.l.f. shimmer eyepencils are available in nine different shades.
e.l.f. shimmer eyepencils are wooden pencils . They come with plastic cap which has a sharpener included in it. The pencils glide on smoothly on your eyes. They can be worn as eyepencils or eyeshadow as well. They are perfect for eyeshadow base.
I have four shades – Twinkle Teal (my fav), Plum Passion (again, my fav), Black Bandit, Boldly Bronze. Twinkle teal is a very pretty teal green color. Plum passion is a deep purple color (it is very similar to Colorbar I Glide pencil Prunella). Boldly bronze is a gorgeous copper-bronze color. Balck bandit is black, though it is not a rich black color. The colors are very pretty, rich, pigmented and they have small glitter particles in it. U can easily wear them in daytime. They look very pretty on your eyes. Well, I have never applied them on my waterline though. These pencils are not waterproof, but it does not smudge if you wash it. It is not long-stay, but can be worn with a good primer to make it stay longer.
From top to bottom- plum passion, twinkle teal, boldly bronze, black bandit.
Pros of e.l.f. shimmer eyepencils:
- First of all it is inexpensive. Have u ever seen a good quality branded eyepencil for just $1?
- Colors are very soft and rich and nicely pigmented.
- They glide on smoothly. Does not tug your eyes.
- It has small shimmer particles. So, it also looks good as an eyeshadow.
- Easily wearable in daytime.
- Has a varietiy of different shades.
- The whole ingedients list is given.
- No animal testing. 🙂
- Perfect for everyday use.
Cons of ELF Shimmer Eye Pencils
- They are NOT available in India (as far as I know ;)) and they don’t ship to India either. 🙁
- It is not opthalmologically tested.
- Not waterproof.
- Wears off easily.
- Sometimes it melts.
- Has a weird smell.
- No mention of manufacturing date or expiry date on the pack.
e.l.f. pencils on my eyes:
A little fact:
These e.l.f. products are manufactured in China and only designed in USA.
Rating: :-* :-* :-* . I deduct 1 point for cons no. 7, 1 & 2 and one point for cons no. 3-6.
Shall I repurchase this? Yes. I would like to! But if and only if Aarthi says ‘yes’. 🙂
So ladies, that was my review. Once again, I would like to thank Aarthi and her sister for their generosity and friendship.
Take care. 🙂
ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Royal Review
E.L.F. Eyebrow Stencil Kit Review
ELf Concealer, Oriflame Concealers
ELF Eye Makeup Remover Pads Review
ELF Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths
ELF Cosmetics Hits & Misses Part 3
ELF Cosmetics Hits & Misses Part 2
ELF Mineral Eye Shadow Primer Review
ELF Cosmetics Hits and Misses – Part 1