Even though tanning is all the rage these days, many people still love to go for skin lightening. Be it to achieve an even skin tone, to get rid of pigmentation or simply to get a skin tone that is a few shades lighter than the present skin tone. Women, especially, are always on the lookout for newer and better ways to lighten their skin. Glutathione skin whitening is gaining all the popularity at the moment and here are some facts about it.
What is Glutathione?
Glutathione is made up of three amino acids namely: glutamic acid, glycine and cysteine, which are recommended for detoxifying the cells. It is usually used to cleanse the cells, get rid of free radicals and to boost immunity. Patients, who used this, also noticed a fairer, glowing skin.
How Does Glutathione Whiten Skin?
Glutathione is the body’s most powerful antioxidant. It is helpful to cleanse the liver off any toxic substances. One of the side effects of glutathione is that it inhibits melanin and hence lightens skin, which has been used as an advantage by many people. It can also be used to treat moles, freckles, uneven skin tone, age spots, skin patches, wrinkles etc.
Different Forms of Glutathione
• Glutathione pills
There are many skin whitening pills that are made with reduced glutathione. These are required to be consumed in high quantities for effective outcomes.
• Glutathione injection
If you want to see the results overnight, you can go for glutathione injections. Dermatologists recommend this as the best method as glutathione directly gets into the bloodstream and it starts acting immediately. Injections are given in sessions according to the requirements and 15 of them for 15 weeks should show positive results.
The best way to keep glutathione levels high in the body is by using supplements and natural ingredients that are rich in the element. Some foods that are rich in glutathione include tomatoes, asparagus, oranges, spinach, potatoes, grapefruit, melons, peaches, kale, broccoli, avocados, and meats.
• Glutathione soap
Glutathione is also found in most of the skin whitening soaps. They are ideal for every skin type and tone. The antioxidant property of the soap makes it ideal for the healing of skin blemishes, freckles and for preventing dry skin.
• Glutathione lotions and creams
Products that contain glutathione are much more recommended than those that contain hydroquinone for skin lightening. This is because prolonged use of glutathione causes almost no side effects, while hydroquinone rings cancer alarms.
Pros of Glutathione
• Glutathione has been termed as the ‘mother of antioxidants’; it cleanses the cells, takes off free radicals and boosts the body’s immunity
• It also treats skin blemishes, uneven skin tone, patches, wrinkles and helps achieve a lighter skin tone
• Almost no side effects on prolonged use
• Ideal for every skin type and for every complexion
• It boosts your immune system, so keeps you protected from diseases as well
• Can be extracted from natural ingredients
Cons of Glutathione
• The only side effect of this treatment is the reduced production of melanin on prolonged use
Tips to get maximum benefits from Glutathione
• Moisturize your skin regularly besides taking your I-glutathione pills to reduce any chances of dry, flaky skin
• Take the pills only as recommended by your dermatologist
• Avoid too much sun exposure; always use a sunscreen when outdoors, even when the heat is not scorching
• For exfoliating, use a scrub that is gentle on the skin
• Keep your skin hydrated by drinking enough water throughout the day
• Avoid steamy showers since they take away from your body’s natural oils
• Have a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables
• Enhance production of glutathione in your body by increasing intake of Vitamins B6, B12, C, and E, and elements like sulfur and magnesium
Secretive Beauty Secrets of Bollywood Celebrities
Patanjali Beauty Cream
Beauty Tips for Girls According to Their Zodiac Sign
How To Make Skin Lightening and De-Pigmentation Face Pack
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
VLCC Snigdha Skin Whitening Face Mask
O3+ Skin Whitening Mask
Glutathione Skin Whitening Pills Available in India