Himalya Herbals Face Moisturizing Lotion Review
There are many people out there who swear by the effectiveness of Himalaya products. The one featured here is another one of those trusted products – Himalaya Herbals Face Moisturizing Lotion.
Name of the Product: Himalaya Herbals Face Moisturizing Lotion (All Skin Types)
Cost: Rs. 70 for 100 m
Shelf Life: 3 years
Product Claim: “A gentle blend of herbal extracts that restores skin vitality, rehydrates your skin and keeps you feeling fresh all day long. Enriched with Aloe Vera, a natural moisturizer and Wheat germ Oil, a rich source of natural Vitamin E”
• Non greasy.
• Protects your skin from damage caused by pollution and harsh sun rays.
• Anti oxidant properties nourish the skin.
• Makes skin soft and smooth.
• Perfect as a base for makeup.
Review: The moisturizer comes in a white bottle with a green flip open cap, which is easy to use. It is quite tight and does not leak at all.
Directions of use are to apply generously all over the face and neck in upward strokes. The consistency of the product is slightly runny as can be seen in the picture below. A very small quantity is enough to cover the face and neck.
The lotion is quite light and is easily absorbed into the skin, and does not leave a shiny/oily residue. It gives a moisturized look and my skin feels smooth and cool after application. This helps the claim that it is a good base for makeup. But since this doesn’t offer sun protection, you would have to ensure that the makeup you use has SPF. Also, due to being hypoallergenic, it doesn’t create any irritation at all and is safe for sensitive skin.
The lotion has a pleasant fragrance, but it doesn’t last long after it is absorbed. This moisturizer does not have other variants and is specified for all skin types. My skin is of the normal to dry type and took to the lotion well. However, I doubt if someone with oily skin could handle the runny consistency of the product.
• Aloe Vera (Kumari) – Contains polysaccharides, nutrients and enzymes, which are responsible for moisturizing. Also has antibacterial, antifungal and cooling action.
• Wheatgerm Oil (Godhuma) – A natural oil containing vitamins and anti oxidants that nourish and prevent the loss of moisture from the skin. Simultaneously tones and softens skin.
Pros of Himalaya Herbals Face Moisturizing Lotion:
1. Reasonably priced and long shelf life.
2. Pack has tight lid making it suitable to carry around in your bag for daily use.
3. Pleasant fragrance.
4. Non greasy on normal to dry skin types,
5. A small quantity suffices to cover the face and neck, so a small pack goes a long way.
6. Easy absorbed into the skin, making it feel cool and smooth to the touch.
7. Good for sensitive skin.
8. No animal testing.
Cons of Himalaya Herbals Face Moisturizing Lotion:
1. Does not have sun protection.
2. Might make oily skin look a little greasy.
3. Slightly runny so caution has to be exerted while pouring from the bottle.
4. Fragrance doesn’t last long.
Verdict: The lotion is light enough for daily usage on the face and is a good standby to have in your bag. However, not having any SPF seems to be the biggest disadvantage here, especially since this is a product for the face and neck. I would rather buy another moisturizing product which offers sun protection and is also of a slightly thicker consistency.
Have you used Himalaya Herbals Face Moisturizing Lotion ? Please rate in the box below
Himalaya Herbals Intensive Moisturizing Body Lotion
Himalaya Gentle Face Wash Cream
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture – Facial Moisturizer with UVA/UVB Sun protection
Oriflame Aloe Vera Soothing Face Cream
Top 5 Facial Moisturizers Under Rs.300
Himalaya Herbals Fairness Cream
Himalaya Under Eye Cream
19 thoughts on “Himalaya Herbals Face Moisturizing Lotion Review”
ur skin looks plumped and ssmoother afer application.. me think this will b nice.. but i have oily skin :weep: :weep: :weep:
I know…just wished it had sun protection too :weep:
ur skin luks really lowing after applyng this lotion :whistle: :whistle: … does this lotion really works in tht matter.. ?:)
Thank you Fabida!!! I want to buy a face cream that will work for my dry skin, and this looks pretty nice. Exactly what I’m looking for – nothing extraordinary, but something that works well. Thanks for the review!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂