Hello Beautiful Ladies!
Today, I want to talk about my HG moisturizer. Generally, I’m not a fan of Garnier’s skin care products. They may work for others, but they just don’t suit me, at all :-/ , but this moisturizer is my one exception. I’m on the fifth bottle of this and love it with all my heart! My skin is combination and normal/dry, so it is perfect for that.
Garnier Daily moisturising lotion is a special oil free lotion that gives your skin a natural glow without an oily shine.
The formula contains:
- Micro-Captors’ to absorb the ‘extra’ oil from the surface of your skin.
- Vegetal Glycerol to retain the skin’s moisture reserves and protect it against drying, making your skin soft and smooth.
- Vitamin E to protect your skin’s delicate cellular membranes against free radicals, that contribute to skin ageing, thereby helping to fight against the signs of ageing.
How To Use:
Apply daily in the morning after cleansing skin with Garnier Gentle Cleansing Milk. Gently massage into the skin using light circular movements, moving from the centre of your face outwards, and from the base of your neck to the top.
It is an excellent base for make-up. Is Garnier Essential Care Daily Moisturizing Lotion right for me? Yes, if you have normal to oily skin & need all day moisturizing.
- Garnier uses, wherever possible, active ingredients which have been carefully extracted to preserve their quality and purity.
- It has been dermatologically tested to ensure respect to your skin.
Side Note: As you can see in the ingredient list, this product has Stearyl Alcohol and Cetearyl Alcohol and this is not the kind of alcohol that would be equivalent to the intoxicating kind, so those particular about not using alcohol in skin care products, can be rest assured that using a product that has these particular kinds of alcohol would not be against your belief or traditions.
Rs. 120 for 75 ml.
From its description, you would think that only people with oily skin will benefit from this, but no, like I said, I have normal-dry skin and it works for me pretty perfectly. My mother who has normal skin used this too (I made her for the sake of this review :D) and she said that her skin soaked it up pretty well too, she liked it a lot.
It comes in a very user-friendly white plastic packaging. I can safely keep it in my bag while commuting. It lasts long I feel, say about 3-4 months, if used twice daily. The texture of the cream is very runny, very thin and just a small drop of it covers almost my entire hand and dries positively matte. I have yet to come across a moisturizer that looks this matte just after a few seconds of application.
It spreads very easily. The dry areas on my face, around my mouth need a little bit more than other areas. I use it every day, every time I need some moisture or even if I don’t as it is such a light formula that your skin just soaks it all up anyway. It is great as a makeup base (I use MAC Mineralise SPF 15 Foundation and it is perfectly compatible with that).
Though I do feel the need to spray some face mist on my dry areas, especially after I apply the cream foundation. I love to use it especially in summers when my skin doesn’t need a lot of moisture as this is a very mild moisturizer. Therefore, it will probably not suit very dry skin, they would feel dry after a few hours.
My another favorite way of using this is during winters when my skin feels very dry after a bath, I dab extra moisturizer on my skin and take a 2-ply damp tissue, dab some moisturizer on it too and place it over my face so that it covers all areas and then with my fingers just pinch off 2 holes for nostrils to breathe. I press the damp tissue to make sure it touches all areas and even covers all the nooks and crannies of my face and lie down. I keep this on till the tissue feels dry, which takes about 10-15 minutes and then just peel the tissue off. My skin feels soft like a baby’s bottom! It stays moisturized whole day, even the whole night. I saw a variant of this technique online by some YouTube beauty guru, though for the love of life, I’m not able to recall who!!
What I Like about Garnier Essential Care Daily Moisturizing Lotion:
- The skin just drinks it up, no stickiness, no oiliness, and it dries “glow-y” but matte.
- Absorbs instantly, you don’t need to rub or wait for a long time to wait for it to dry.
- Pretty true to its claims.
- Packaging is sturdy and can be kept in your bag without worries.
- No fragrance.
- No shine.
- A little goes a long way.
- Excellent as a base for makeup.
- In summers, this gives the perfect oil-free moisturizing.
- Lasts till you wash it off in summers.
What I Do Not Like about Garnier Essential Care Daily Moisturizing Lotion:
- It will not help “very” dry skin.
- It has parabens.
- It says it will last all day long, in summers, it does feel very moisturizing all day, but in winters, your skin’s dry areas will crave some more moisture after 6-8 hours.
- It claims that it helps to “fight against the signs of ageing,” I personally don’t think so. My skin is not very problematic, but I do have few lines around my eyes and I’ve not seen them reduce much, but I do not use it for anti-ageing purposes, I merely need it as a moisturizer, so it works for me.
Would I Recommend and Repurchase Garnier Essential Care Daily Moisturizing Lotion?
If you have combination-normal-dry or normal skin or oily skin or combination-normal-oil, I recommend this VERY highly. I think people with oily skin will love this even more than me, a combination-normal-dry person. I have repurchased this 4 times already, but dry skin ladies should probably skip it.
4.8/5 (deducting only because of the cons listed).
I have used this moisturizer for over 2 years and I have no major complaints at all with the product. I’m just, I guess a little bored with it as my skin care routine has been unchanged since forever! But, the fact is that I’m not that motivated to change it as this moisturizer suits me so well, it’s not easy to replace such products that my skin loves.
Happy Makeuping! :mirror:
Garnier Skin Naturals Light Daily Moisturiser
Garnier Skin Naturals Light Overnight Fairness Cream
Garnier Skin Naturals Mattifying Fairness Cream
How To Use Essential Oils Safely
Amway Artistry Essential Polishing Scrub
VLCC Groome Essential Cosmetic Tool Kit
Johnson’s Face Care (Daily Essentials) Oil Balancing Gel Wash
Organic Surge Daily Care Face Wash
Oriflame Hairx Daily Care Leave-in Conditioner
Dabur Gulabari Moisturizing Lotion
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion
L’Oreal Vive Pro Hydra Gloss Moisturizing Conditioner
Himalaya Herbals Face Moisturizing Lotion
Yves Rocher Moisturizing Cream Lipstick Brun Chocolat
Enchanteur Moisture Silk Hand & Body Lotion (Romantic)
Oriflame Savannah Sensuous Hand And Body Cream
Jovees Honey and Grape Hand and Body Lotion
Avon Sparkling Cherry Blossom Hand and Body Lotion
Avon Naturals Violet & Lychee Hand & Body Lotion