L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect Longlasting UVA/ UVB Protector SPF 50
I have been looking for the right sunscreen for a long time now and have tried out brands like Lotus, Oriflame, Avon, Kaya and others but none have provided the right solution for me. I face sun exposure for a minimum of two hours daily. My main problem is that I have an oily skin with a tendency for break-outs (though I have managed to curb the appearance of pimples with a daily care regime which I shall write about in my next review). Therefore I have not been able to stop my search for the correct sunscreen as all those I have used till now have ended up making me sweat profusely and have made my face greasy very soon after application. I had ended up concluding that fluid sunscreens are just not my type! So I even tried the Keya Seth powder-based sunscreen but since I have this tendency to sweat, the product has left residues on my face and neck and I have ended up looking all funny!
A few days ago I suddenly had this idea of trying the sunscreen by L’Oreal Paris as a last resort. I ‘Googled’ to find out the product details from their official website. Their suncare range goes by the name of UV Perfect.
The L’Oreal Paris website describes this product as: “UV Perfect gives you an inside/ out to protection against brown spots, skin darkening and premature ageing. The patented association of Mexoryl® SX and XL [XL Block] provides optimal UVB and reinforced UVA protection. To prevent dullness, the formula is enriched in Detoxyl to inhibit pollutants fixation on the skin.The ultimate UV & pollution shield, for a proven longlasting protection for your skin!”
Their advice for the application procedure is: “The light fluid texture is very smooth and easy to apply. It is non-greasy, non-sticky and quickly absorbed. UV Perfect can be used at the end of your skincare routine, as a daily moisturising make-up base.”
Their claim to innovation is the following that I noted on their website: “A powerful Anti-Oxidant Complex now supplements Activa Cell® in the formula, to reinforce protection against free radicals and better shield cells, elastin and collagen fibres.”
The product contains L’Oréal patented Mexoryl SX combined with UVB filters and anti free radical agents. UV Perfect also contains PA+++ which provides protection against photo-ageing.
It comes in three different tints:
Even Complexion – Beige Tint, Anti-Dullness – Purple Tint and Transparent Skin – Non-Tinted.
Before purchasing the product I had written an email to L’Oreal advisor stating my skin type and asking for their recommendation, mentioning all my skin concerns, including the appearance of brown spots. They recommended me to use this product, stating that it would provide the right solution for my skin. I bought the Beige Tint for even complexion from a Pantaloons outlet.I paid Rs.399 for the product.
I found no ingredients listed on their package after buying the sunscreen.
This is what the other side of the product looks like:
Pros of L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect Longlasting UVA/ UVB Protector SPF 50
1. High SPF: It has SPF 50 along with PA+++ which is really desirable for countries like India where the sun is blazing all year.
2. The sunscreen spreads and absorbs easily, giving the skin a dewy matte finish.
3. It is non-sticky and lightweight.
4. It lends a subtle glow to the face after getting fully absorbed into the skin.
5. The texture and colour are both like that of a foundation.
6. The product has a soothing and mild fragrance which is something I really liked.
7. It does not sting on application even around the eye-area.
8. After hours of application it does not make my skin oily and greasy,and my look remains quite okay.
9. I sweat considerably less with this sunscreen. If you are someone who sweats a lot,probably this is the right product for you.
10. The packaging is nice and simple,and the product is small in size and can therefore be easily carried in your purse.
11. It has not broken me out at all! No redness or rashes have plagued me after using this product.This is the biggest positive aspect as far as I am concerned since my skin is easily prone to break-outs and rashes with fluid-based products.
Cons of L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect Longlasting UVA/ UVB Protector SPF 50
1. The price! Rs.399 for a 30ml product is quite expensive in my opinion since you do require to apply it liberally on your face.
2. The company did not enlist the whole ingredients list on the pack which might not be a likeable factor for all.
3. Does not give a complete matte look.I would have preferred a complete matte look minus the dewy shine but this might not be much of a negative in your opinion.
4. Available at large departmental stores like Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop, Westside and not in all local shops.
Since my skin has reacted well and considering the pros I think my search for the right sunscreen for my skin has ended here.Thanks to L’Oreal Paris for their innovation. I would definitely recommend this sunscreen for those with oily skin like me along with a tendency for break-outs, redness and rashes.
Shall I repurchase? Yes. Of course.
Overall rating: 4/5
Biotique Red Sandalwood Lotion With SPF 50 Review
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50
Lotus Herbals Intensive Sunblock Spray with SPF 50
Jovees Sunscreen SPF 30 and SPF 45
Sunscreen: Sunscreens Facts, SPF and Application
Difference Between Sunscreen and Sunblock
L’oreal 24 Hour Superliner Gel Eyeliner Photos
L’oreal Paris – Color Appeal Trio Pro Eye Shadow Review
L’Oreal Paris HiP Concentrated Shadow Duo in Mischief
L’oreal Lip and Eye Makeup Remover Review