WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lotus Herbals 3 Face Packs Review:
I have to admit I am spending a lot these days and specially on face packs, clays, muds, and masks. I love the clay packs and these days I am also loving the hydrating kind of masks which do not dry but we need to keep them on for a while for the toning effect to occur. Since I was a teenager I am into clay masks that dry out and thus absorb execss oil from skin and refine pores and there by prevent pimples and clogged pores. Indians love multani mitti which is still so affordable but now various top brands have commercialised our multani miiti and made them available in convenient packs in ready to use wet form. Most packs these days I believe have multani mitti as their base clubbed with a couple more ingredients for the desired effect suited to various skin types. Here are some effective products.
Lotus Herbals Marinyouth: Marine restructuring and anti ageing face mask:
- All skin types; 20 minutes to firmer skin
- Price Rs 185 for 120 grams
- What the pack says: Thalasso in Greek means sea. Seaweed , sea algae and sea lichen contain a vast wealth of natural minerals, salts and trace elements that act as anti ageing, firming and restructuring agents on facial skin.
- Directions: Wash your face with mild soap and blot dry. Apply a generous amount of this mask on face and neck, avoiding eyes. Leave for 15-20 minutes. Mask will not dry. Rinse with fresh water. Follow with lotus herbals anti wrinkle gel.
- Active ingredients: sea algae, sea lichen and seaweed
What I like about the Lotus Herbals Marinyouth Face mask:
- The colour: a very pretty muddy blue
- The texture: it’s like soft clay
- The claims: skin tightening
- The fact that it does not dry but I still feel it is mud based
- Leaves my face fresh and clarified
- The price: Rs 185 is decent for a quality face mask that claims anti-ageing
- Since it stays damp it cools my skin I feel
- Clay like smell
Not so good factors about the Lotus Herbals Marinyouth Face mask:
- It leaves some deposit on the face
- It leaves some blue colour on my face if I don’t rinse it well
- We will need a thick coat of this product to actually feel its working
- I recommend it for ppl with oily to combi skin.
- Rating: :-* :-* :-*
Lotus Herbals Claywhite: Black Clay Whitening Face Pack
- All skin types; Apply for 20 minutes
- Price rs 185 for 120 grams
- What the pack says: black clay: very rich in minerals and silica, helps brighten facial complexion.
- Bearberry extract/: rich in arbutin helps lighten complexion
- Liquorice extract: lighten facial complexion
- Directions: Wash your face with a mild soap and blot dry. Apply a generous amount of claywhite on face and neck, leaving eyes. Relax till completely dry. Rinse with fresh water. Follow with lotus herbals fairgel
- Active ingredients:black clay, bearberry extract, liquorice extract
What I like about Lotus Herbals Claywhite Face Pack:
- It lightens and evens out my skin tone
- It effectively removes tan (I am fair but tan easily so I use it after sun exposure)
- I like that black clay color
- The texture is smooth and spreads well
- It delivers what it claims
- Decently priced for the quality
- Dries out and absorbs excess oil
- No side effects
- Fresh muddy minty smell
- Liqourice that lighten tan
Not so good factors about Lotus Herbals Claywhite Face Pack:
- It causes mild tingling on sensitive skin
- Recommended for oily to combi skin, not for dry skin
- May leave grey color on face if not rinsed very well
- Rating :
Lotus Herbals Teatree Clear: Teatree Clarifying Face Pack
No more pimples, acne. Blemishes and spots; Apply for 20 mins
Price: Rs 185 for 120 grams
What the pack says: Regular use of this tea tree clarifying face pack helps get rid of pimples, acne blemishes, and spots. Clarifies facial complexion and enhances facial brightness
Directions: Wash your face with mild soap and blot dry. Apply a generous amount of tea tree clear on face and neck leaving eyes. Relax till completely dry. Rinse well with fresh water. Follow with lotus herbals tea tree gel.
Active ingredients: tea tree oil, petit grain, pine, juniper and bergamot.
Rating 4 on 5
I bought this product when I broke out long back. I used it religiously. It obviously has the benefits of oil absorption and thus reduces pimples.I have faith in this product even now and try to incorporate it once a fortnight. I would recommend it to everybody with oily skin as it mattifies skin and reduces occurrence of new pimples or clogged pores. I like its fresh teatree smell and teatree really works for skin eruptions. For everyone with skin prone to acne. This product is not recommended for dry skin at all. Its over all a good product and brightens skin and helps fade away pimple spots and pigmentation over time. May cause mild tingling.
PS: I recommend these face masks and Lotus Herbals totally. I have been using lotus herbals for three years now. All these packs do lighten and brighten skin feel and help remove tan with usage over a month. You can pick up the pack according what you aim at. People with very sensitive or dry skin can avoid the tea tree and clay white though.