MaxFactor Xperience Boutique Sheer Gloss Balm in Red Garnet No. 4.
Hello Dear Girls,
Today, I am going to be reviewing my latest love in lip products, the MaxFactor Xperience Boutique Sheer Gloss Balm in Red Garnet No. 4. I have fallen deeply in love with this product and it’s here to stay. It’s a fantastic product that combines the benefits of a lip gloss, balm and to an extent lipstick.
The entire range has around 6-8 shades to choose from. About half of them are too sheer or have shimmer. I stayed away from them. I wanted a very functional lip product that gives me a nice bright tint of color while moisturizing my lips and not making them look overly made up in a loud gloss or lipstick. If that’s what you want, you should get this.
The packaging as you can see is a sleek, slim and long tube. It fits very neatly in a small clutch or wallet. The price is Rs. 495 only. It is available at all Lifestyle stores across India. In fact, the MaxFactor counter is one where I have always had a great experience since they have really amazing products as well as staff.
The shade I picked up is called Red Garnet and is one of the most pigmented of the lot. I have pigmented lips and a medium-fair complexion. Warm shades suit me and anything nude washes me out. This little red garnet is the kind that you can wear without really thinking about it and goes very well with a no-makeup look or heavy eyes too. One swipe of color gives you a “I have great lips naturally,” color while two swipes will build up the color and make it a sexy red, which I really like, but haven’t worn as of now. It is very moisturizing and soothing. It doesn’t have a noticeable fragrance as well.
Pros of MaxFactor Sheer Gloss Balm:
2. Provides decent pigmentation and is a buildable color.
3. The shine is not too overpowering as a mainstream gloss.
4. Reasonable quantity and price.
5. The shade is lovely and perfect for pretty lips.
6. A great product that can enhance your lipstick/stain/existing color on the lips and provide an extra oomph.
7. Do not need a balm or anything with this.
Cons of MaxFactor Sheer Gloss Balm:
1. The only con is that it doesn’t last till eternity which I wish it did. That is not actually a con as the staying power is not bad or anything, it is average. I just wish for more because its so perfect. Also, I have noticed that any product whose USP is “moisturizing” will never be “long-lasting.” So, if a product is too moisturizing, it does tend to go away soon.
Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation
Max Factor Colour Adapt Foundation
MaxFactor Age Renew Foundation
Maxfactor Pan Stik Foundation
Blush: MaxFactor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush Review, Swatches
Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation
Maxfactor Lipfinity Lip Color & Gloss Review, Swatches, Application
Max Factor Silk Gloss (Shimmer Gloss) Photos, Swatches
Lakme Lip Gloss
L’oreal Glam Shine Lip Gloss Moon Crystal Review, Swatches
Bath and Body Works Liplicious Lip Gloss Sheer (Black Cherry)
L’oreal Glam Shine Reflex Lip Gloss Photos, Swatches
8 Pink Lip Gloss Photos, Swatches
Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss Photos and Swatches
YSL Golden Gloss Shimmering Lip Gloss
Burt’s Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss Sweet Pink Review, Swatch
Avon Glazewear Intense Lip Gloss Review, Swatches, Photos
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss
Colorbar Star Metal LipGloss Photos, Swatches
Faces Creme Matte LipGloss Peach Pink Review, Swatch, FOTD
VOV CANDY Water Shine Lip Gloss
Oriflame LipGloss Berries
Oriflame Maxi LipGloss Pink