WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Maybelline SuperStay Lip color review
Sometime back I had developed a habit of licking my lips even when I am wearing lipstick and lip gloss – as a result of which no lipstick or gloss would stay long on my lips. Back then I had no clue about the different types of lipsticks in market. This was when liquid lipstick was a new concept to me and so was super stay lip color. I was curious to try them as ‘super stay’ sounded very tempting then to me. My aunt gifted me the Maybelline Superstay 16 hour Lip color + Conditioning balm.
As this was the first time I was trying liquid lipstick, I was super excited to try this. It is a two sided lipstick – with a lip balm on one end and lipstick on the other which can be applied with a sponge tip applicator.
Shade no: 765.
Quantity: 2.3 ml of lipstick and 1.8 gm of balm.
Cost: Rs 350 but the prices have now risen to Rs 390.
Maybelline Superstay 16 Hour Color plus Conditioning Balm, has a Flexible formula moves with your lips for no caking or flaking.
How-to-Use: Apply a thin layer of 16 Hour Lip Color on clean lips. Allow up to 2 minutes to dry. Apply the Conditioning Balm to seal in the softness. Reapply as needed. Remove with oil-based makeup remover.
My Experience with the product:
I don’t know why but I had high expectations from this product. I do not have dry lips but I love to apply lip balm to keep my lips moisturized. This is the most drying lipstick I have used till date. When you apply this on your lips it feels as if somebody has ripped away all the moisture from your lips. They feel so dry that you just end up licking your lips again and again. My lips felt so tight and flaky. Application of the balm does nothing to remove the dryness. I even tried to applying balm before applying the lip stick to make it work but that didn’t improve things either.
What I like about Maybelline SuperStay Lip color
1. Intense color.
2. Very Pigmented.
3. Non-transferable. Once the lipstick dries it doesn’t transfer to glass while drinking.
4. Lip color does not settle into fine lines of lips.
5. Lip color does not bleed.
6. Fades out evenly.
What I don’t like about the product:
1. The Lipstick is too drying for me.
2. It doesn’t feel light on the lips.
3. The balm that comes with it doesn’t do anything. It doesn’t even last for 30 minutes when used over or under the lipstick.
4. No ingredients mentioned.
5. Because it is too drying my lips feel flaky and I feel like drinking water, it actually makes me feel thirsty.
6. Maybelline does animal testing.
7. It is very difficult to remove it. I doesn’t not come off with water or cleansing milk. I need to use oil to remove it with intense rubbing. I find this too much of a hassle.
8. I tried using other lip balms to combat the dryness caused by the superstay formula of the lipstick but that didn’t help much.
9. You need to be careful while applying the lipstick as it dries away fast. If you accidently put the lipstick a little outside your lips, you need to be quick to wipe off as it dries too quickly.
10. The shade is too dark for my choice, but since this was a gift I can’t complain about the shade selection.
I can’t say if it lives up to its claim to stay for 16 hours – because I have not worn lipstick for that long time span. Once it is on your lips, it is so drying that you end up licking your lips over and over again. The lipstick does fade out but the color still stays on.
I know many friends who swear by super stay lipsticks – especially for working women who like to have lipstick all day long and do not get time for touch ups. But this lipstick is just too drying for me. I think I was too naïve to fall prey for this ‘superstay’ claim. Back then I thought balm plus lip color – 2 in 1 was a cool concept.
Maybelline website shows, it has re-launched the same lipsticks again with a new packaging, better applicator, shade names and a 24 hour claim.
Would I re-purchase: No, Superstay lipsticks are a big NO for me. I do not mind re- applying lipsticks again but I just cannot handle lipsticks that leave my lips craving for moisture.
Have you used Maybelline SuperStay Lip color ? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Maxfactor Lipfinity Lip Color & Gloss Review, Swatches, Application
REVLON Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip Color Review
Revlon PlumpSexxxy Lip color Review, Swatches
Clinique High Impact Lip Color Rosette Review, Swatch
Revlon Skinlights Custom Lip Color Review
Lotus Herbals Lip Color Review–Rose Wood & Perky Peach
Maybelline Forever Metallics Metal Shine Lip Color Pencil Review
Lakme Aquashine Lip Color Review
How to Choose Lipstick Color