Nature’s Essence Lacto Tan Clear
Hello, lovelies, today I will be reviewing a product by Nature’s Essence called ‘Lacto Tan Clear’. It is basically a creamy mask like application that removes tan, but first, some info about the brand:
Nature’s Essence manufactures herbal health and beauty products, which are being retailed in many countries. The active ingredients in most of their products are essential oils extracted from flowers, fruits and other natural sources. They also seem to have tied up with local beauty parlours near my residence. I have seen these parlours use Nature’s Essence gold facial kits, bridal glow packs, etc. This is the same brand that manufactures Coloressence cosmetics.
About Lacto Tan Clear:
What It Claims:
Milk proteins and honey enriched special tan cream helps remove the epidermal sun tan, thereby restoring the natural fairness of the skin and also preventing pigmentation due to harmful sun. Its matte effect is ideal for hot climates and the cream also helps enhance after facial glow.
The product comes in a white jar packaging with a yellow-green outer cover and this is the jar:
Ingredients (mentioned on the pack)
Milk, honey and geranium oil.
On opening the jar, you will find a screw-on lid, which prevents the cream from touching the lid (I somehow managed to lose the screw on lid ) . I was pleasantly surprised by the nature of the product because usually anti-tan packs are clay based, but this one is a cream.
Apply a layer on the face/skin and keep it on for 10-15 minutes and after soft massage, remove with water. Advised to be used every day to restore natural color and glow of the skin.
My Experience with Nature’s Essence Lacto Tan Clear:
I don’t have severe tan on the face, but sun spots have started to appear and that’s why this cream was bought in the first place as it claimed to help with them. I did have severely-tanned hands and feet. Let me tell you ladies, this seems to be a miracle remedy to remove tan, potent to the point of being scary! In one application alone, it lifts 90% of the tan and lightens dark spots. I doubled back to verify with the ingredients and cannot see how milk, honey and geranium oil alone can accomplish such dramatic results. Moreover, I verified the claim by mixing these three ingredients separately (with besan as the base), used it as a pack and it did nothing to the tan or dark spots. So quite obviously, there must be other ingredients in the pack Nature’s Essence has not revealed.
Pros of Nature’s Essence Lacto Tan Clear
1) Does what it claims, removes tan and lightens dark spots.
2) Easy application and removal. You don’t even have to wait till it dries and it didn’t irritate my skin.
3) Adds a nice glow to your skin.
4) Affordable at Rs. 75 for a 40gm pack that can last more than three months when used once a week.
5) Smells good, somewhat flowery, synthetic fragrance, yes, but quite pleasant.
6) Not tested on animals. Also, it is a vegetarian product (outer carton has a green dot).
Cons:= of Nature’s Essence Lacto Tan Clear
1) The product must contain some potent chemical for it to give such good results. The texture, claims and results are exactly similar to another Nature’s Essence product called ‘Lacto Bleach’. Me wonders if it is old wine in a new bottle (jar, in this case).
2) Dries out the skin. Moisturization is a must after using this.
3) Jar packaging is unhygienic.
4) Availability may be an issue, I have seen this product only in local beauty stores and some beauty parlours, but recently, Indiatimes.com shopping site has begun stocking NE products.
Purchase Price: Rs 75 for 40 gm. Also available at Rs 150 for a 100gm jar.
Product Rating: 4/5 (-1 because I suspect ‘chemical involvement’).
Will I buy it again? I will keep a jar handy, just in case.
Nature’s Essence Personal Care – Lacto Bleach
Nature’s Essence Gold Facial Kit
Nature’s Essence Aloe Vera Gel
Nature’s Essence Gold Bleach
Coloressence Aqua Base Makeup
VLCC Anti Tan Facial Kit
VLCC Fruits Anti Tan Pack
VLCC Anti Tan Skin lightening Face Wash
Lotus Herbals Anti Tan Sunblock SPF 30 PA +++
Jovees Anti Tan and Clarifying Herbal Face Pack
How to Remove Face Tan
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
Homemade Besan – Milk Ubtan for Summers
Home remedies to Remove Suntan
Fake Tan: How to Avoid Orange, Yellow and Green