Nivea recently introduced a whitening deodorant for women who suffer from dark underarms problem.
The top skincare brand has developed “Whitening” – a deodorant that repairs underarm skin and makes it fairer and even toned. It also has 48-hours efficacy and care with long-lasting feminine floral fragrance to provide long lasting freshness.
The deodorant contains a product ingredient called “licorice extracts” that counteracts skin darkening and works against hyper pigmentation. These licorice extracts are natural plant extracts that are traditional skin lightening agents and reduce melanin production.
• Reduces skin darkening.
• Licorice extracts.
• Nivea Anti-perspirant.
The company also has an extra whitening pore minimiser deodorant.
On my recent trip to this store with my friend, I picked up quite a few Nivea products. I don’t know, I have never been a great Nivea fan and I just was curious. I picked a body wash, this deodorant, lip balms and a face wash which I will review soon.
Dark underarms must be a problem with many ladies and due to various reasons. This can be really embarrassing at times.
I do know that beauty product manufacturers claim that licorice extract does whiten skin. This secret ingredient has been claimed by Nivea deodorant to provide that brightening effect.
I would say I do not have considerable arm pit dark area, but this still did a good job.
My underarm area is not dark, but the use of a razor does leave those tiny hairs which make it seem darker. This deodorant worked there. It smoothened the skin and gave it a brighter appearance.
I have been using it every day for the past 1 month and now it has started to show its result. The company has also launched a similar roll-on, which I did not realise would suit me the best until I read about it online. I am going to surely pick the roll on next.
Pros of Nivea Whitening Deodorant Spray
• It does an average whitening job. Please do not expect this to do miracles if you have considerable dark underarms. I have been using it religiously and have almost no darkened skin, so it worked for me.
• If you have really dark underarms, its best to see a derma.
• The smell is good. I can’t define it, but the scent is faint and very Nivea like, something which is common to all their products.
• The product with the best fragrance of the lot I purchased would be the shower crème.
• I paid Rs. 179 for this product and it lasted me over a month using every day, fair deal.
• The fragrance stays for over 3 hours and then fades away.
• The fragrance is very clean, out-of-the-shower kind of fragrance, good.
• The deodorant, if sprayed much doesn’t stretch my underarm skin. That has been the case with a roll-on I used a while ago, I forgot the name.
Cons of Nivea Whitening Deodorant Spray
• The availability.
• The very high claim.
• The fragrance is quite strong, some may not like it.
• Does not do a decent job at sweat control, I would prefer a roll on.
I give it 3 on 5, will pick the roll on again.
Avon Lip Balm vs Nivea Lip Balm
Nivea Cashmere Moments Shower Cream
Nivea Fruity Shine Pink Guava Lip Balm
Nivea Visage Refreshing Cleansing Milk
Lotus Herbals WHITEGLOW Oatmeal & Yogurt Skin Whitening Scrub
Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Creme
Nivea Whitening Inner Cell Repair Cream
Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening Facial Foam
Face: Skin Whitening Products
Hollywood Style Facial Whitening Mud Mask
Biotique Bio Fruit Flawless Whitening Pack
Adidas Pure Lightness Deodorant
Yardley London English Rose Refreshing Deodorant Body Spray
The Body Shop Deodry Deodorant Stick (Fresh & Floral)
Eva Skin Friendly Deodorant in Bergamot Woody
Garnier Men Deodorant Mineral
Oriflame Enigma Anti Perspirant 24H Deodorant
Secret Temptation Deodorant
Sure Anti-Perspirant Launches in India
The Body Shop Launches Deo Dry
Dove Go Fresh Deodorent
12 Ways to Get Rid of Body Odour
5 Steps of Preventing Body Odor in Men
How to Reduce Underarm Wetness