Fashionandyou.com Online Shopping Website Review
We have seen various e-commerce sites that exclusively sell makeup and beauty items, some that sell sarees and dresses, and then there are some other sites which sell books, some others which only sell apparel, and certain others which either sell books, shoes, or bags, but there is one online shopping website based in India that sells out everything comprising of cosmetics, home décor, toys, apparels, kitchen essentials, electronic items, gadgets, handicrafts, bags, perfumes, designer wear, even pet accessories under one roof, err, I mean under one website and that website is fashionandyou.com. I have seen high-end brands like Ralph Lauren, Diesel, Rocky S, Ed Hardy, Satya Paul to lesser known brands like Vishudh Kurtis and Chabbra Sarees selling out on the same day on fashionandyou.com
Fashionandyou.com is huge, but there definitely are some hitches and glitches that are acting as hurdles on its path of becoming India’s biggest e-commerce website.
Fashionandyou.com had offered Rati a gift voucher of Rs. 5000 and when I started harassing her to buy me a pair of Jimmy Choos, she passed on the fashionandyou.com voucher to me.
Before I begin the review, I would like to wholeheartedly thank Megha from the fashionandyou.com team who coordinated everything so well and guided me through the process and it was a great experience interacting with her.
Early during the teething stage of fashionandyou.com, people who bought things from the site had some issues with the items and products being not up to the mark and not being on par with their expectations, but I think fashionandyou.com has worked well on those aspects and during my shopping experience with them, I did not face any such issue.
These are the items that I bought through the voucher of fashionandyou.com
• Sunbaby Fleece Blanket.
• Vishudd Kurtis (three of them).
• Saree with unstitched blouse.
• Nautinati multi-tier dress.
• Homeblendz T Light Holder.
• Ethnic Ganesha Idol (set of two).
• Phillips Ladies Shaver.
Shipping and Payment Options:
Fashionandyou.com has a part shipment policy, which means if you are buying a lot of products from them, then the products are dispatched as and when they are procured from the vendors after quality checks. Contrary to this, there is the “Express Section” and the products which come under express shipping are dispatched within one day of making the payment.
You can pay using the following modes:
• Pay Secure using VISA/Master/Diners credit card.
• Pay Using Net banking.
• Debit card.
• Amex card.
• Cash on delivery.
Since I was given a voucher, I had to choose none.
Though “free shipping” option has not been publicized on the website, but most of the products that I now see on fashionandyou.com come with the “free shipping” tag.
Since I had opted to get a variety of things and that too under different product categories, it took 3 to 4 weeks for the products to reach me (under their part shipment policy). Each and every item that was delivered to me was brand new and a quality-checked piece. There was no defect or breakage in any of them.
I got my fashionandyou.com shipments delivered through two courier partners, Bluedart and Aramex. Though the shipments through Bluedart reached me on time, for one shipment that was coming through Aramex; I and the fashionandyou.com team had to literally pester those guys to bring in the thing. So, the first thing that fashionandyou.com team should do is to put their courier partners on a leash and rein them in because lax courier services are tarnishing their image.
Shhhhhhhh…..this is a top secret, so I would disclose it to everyone!!!! Every morning at 11 AM, a new sale with lots of wonderful goodies begins, so try to check fashionandyou.com at 11 o’clock every day and you know what, I have seen a few pieces of items worth Rs. 400 and Rs. 500 being put up for Rs. 11, yes that’s right, Rs. 11, so if you are really lucky, you can catch up something really precious for just Rs. 11, keep an eye.
Price Comparison: Market Price Versus Fashionandyou.com Price
I do check fashionandyou.com every day to surf through the wonderful products put on display. Many times I have realized that certain products available on fashionandyou.com are much cheaper than their market price and that too by a big margin actually.
I have put down two price comparison models here.
On my son’s birthday, we bought him a toy car from Euro Toys, which is a toy store with many branches in Hyderabad. This toy car cost us Rs. 8500 and this car comes with a foot accelerator with multi-function music effects, 4-channel remote control function for forward and backward movements, manually-controlled forward and backward movements, FM radio, and rechargeable battery.
My Son’s Toy Car From Euro Toys For Rs. 8500.
A similar toy car available at fashionandyou.com at a much lesser price:
I saw a similar car in fashionandyou two days back and it was priced at Rs. 7959, and I believe it comes with free shipping too. Phew, only if I had seen this before buying from the store.
The second comparison model is of a baby bassinet that we bought for my little niece. This bassinet cost us Rs. 4000 in the store, but a few days ago, at fashionandyou.com, they were selling the exact same bassinet for Rs. 2499, and that’s a huge margin!!!!
The bassinet that we bought.
The exact same bassinet available at fashionandyou.com at a much lesser price!
Comparing the prices, I have come to know that products such as these eventually land in the market after passing through many vendors and each one of the vendor extract their sizeable profit whereas on the other hand, I think fashionandyou.com procures these products directly from the primary or secondary vendor and hence the low price. So, do check up fashionandyou once before you make purchases of such kind, you would save a lot for sure!!!!
I did not have any complaint or issue as far as the quality of the products is concerned. The Phillips shaver is working fine, the home blendz candle holders are of good quality, but one of the Vishudh kurta shed colour and became pale, but if you buy a kurta for Rs. 349, then you shouldn’t expect much I guess, but the other two kurtas are just fine.
Fashionandyou.com’s customer service quickly responds to issues and concerns raised by customers. I had a problem with Aramex courier dilly-dallying one of my shipments and when I contacted their customer service, I got prompt replies. Once you place the order, fashionandyou.com keeps sending you mails and keeps you in the loop about everything through mails.
One more thing that I want to point out here is that I had wanted a particular kurti from Vishudd Kurtis desperately and upon talking it over with Megha from the fashionandyou.com team, she said that she could arrange a similar piece for me from the vendor and procure one piece for me and she did exactly that. So, if you see something on fashionandyou.com that you desperately want with the “sold out” tag, just shoot in a mail to the customer service asking them whether they can make it available, you might just get lucky, who knows!!!!
Invite Friends and Win Prizes:
You can invite friends through mail and win Samsung Galaxy Note, IPods, Designer Bags, and vouchers. For every friend who accepts your invite and shops, you would get a Rs. 1000 voucher free, so its party time all the way!!!!
Summing up the yay’s and nay’s of shopping with fashionandyou:
Why You Should Shop at Fashionandyou.com
• A huge range and variety of products comprising of branded shoes, bags, books, cosmetics, home décor, apparel (men, women, and kids), lingerie, sarees, bed linen, electronic items, cameras, epilators, lehengas, pens, perfumes, jackets, toys, handicrafts, kitchen appliances, watches, sunglasses, photoframes, home furnishings, cd’s, soft toys, jewellery, and even pet and garden accessories!!!!
• Authentic brands such as Espirt, Fila, Rocky S, Manish Malhotra, Rahul Anand, Dezaina, Playboy, Carlton, Ralph Lauren, Diesel, Burberry, Versace, Hugo Boss, CK, Ed Hardy, D&G, Armani, Nike, Rossini, Puma, Lee, etc.
• Great products for everyone of every age and gender at attractive prices.
• Free shipping on most of the products though not mentioned exclusively by fashionandyou.com
• Exclusive “Express Delivery Section” where prepaid orders are shipped within 1 day of purchase. For those who choose cash on delivery option, the shipping takes place within one day of confirmation.
• Receptive and responsive customer service that keeps you in the loop about the product that you have purchased and resolves concerns raised by customers.
• When compared with the market price of most of the products, those available at fashionandyou.com come way more cheaper.
• Delivery of brand new products that are quality checked.
What’s Stopping Fashionandyou.com From Becoming India’s Top e-commerce Site:
• The first thing I would like to mention here is that fashionandyou.com team should really rein in their courier partners so that slow delivery and laxity at the courier partner’s end does not tarnish the online shop’s image. Many a times, the courier people hold up consignments that otherwise should have reached the customer within a specified time period.
• The second issue that I would like to mention is that if you keep the “Express Delivery” section aside, most of the products at fashionandyou.com come with a delivery period of 3 to 4 weeks, which is a hell of a lot of time considering that nowadays Jimmy Choos reach India within just 3 days of their online order. I think fashionandyou.com should pull up their socks really high since people are really impatient these days and each one of us expect our orders to reach us within a span of a week and asking for 3 to 4 weeks is just too much. I hope fashionandyou.com team really works on this aspect because I am a person who would order for some gift online just two to four days before the d-day and many a times, I give fashionandyou.com a skip just because of the delivery time that it takes. That’s it, otherwise, fashionandyou.com is just great!!!!
I have had a wonderful experience shopping at fashionandyou.com and I will continue shopping from there because I see so many unique and great products at attractive prices.
I think there is no stopping fashionandyou.com from becoming India’s topmost e-commerce site, but they will need to work on the points mentioned above.
Some of the images have been taken from Google Images.
A Guide To Online Shopping
Online Shopping: How to Secure Your Credit Card
My Online Shopping Experience with Porkdaisy.Com
Online Shopping Experience With Beauty Naturelle
Online Shopping Experience with 99 Labels
Online Shopping Experience with Flipkart.com
Online Shopping Experience With Shopatmajorbrands.com
Online Shopping Experience with Cosmetix.in
Online Shopping Experience With Shastore
Online Shopping Experience With Cilory.com
Online Shopping Experience with Fusionjewels.com
Shopping: Top 5 Online Makeup Shops
Online Makeup Shopping Websites in India : Ask IMBB
Online Makeup Shopping: Coastal Scents Brushes Haul
My First Online Cosmetic Shopping Experience and a Surprise Picture
Online Shopping Experience with B. LAB
Online Shopping Experience with Violetbag.com
Online Shopping Experience with Makeupshades.com
Online Shopping Experience With Healthkart.Com
Fashion and You Website Review
Fashion And You: Horrible Shopping Experience
Best Online Shopping Website in India: IMBB Survey