WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Scars can have a deep impact on an individual, low self esteem being the most prominent among others. People resort to various techniques to get rid of scars, some succeed and some don’t. Most popular causes of facial scars include acne scars, chicken pox scars and burn scars.
Home remedies to treat scars:
• Mix some garlic cloves, carrot juice, honey and Multani Mitti powder and turn the mixture into a paste. Apply it on your acne scars for 20 minutes every day to reduce the redness and swelling.
• Mix one tablespoon of sour cream with one tablespoon of oatmeal and yogurt, then add a few drops of lemon juice. Apply the mixture on your acne scars and leave it there for about 10 minutes. Thoroughly rinse it off and pat it dry.
• Wrap an ice cube in a piece of cloth and rub it on affected areas for 10 to 15 minutes every day. This should lessen the inflammation on your skin, making it look smoother.
• Apply aloe vera juice on your acne scars twice daily. Leave it for about an hour or two and then wash your face with cool water.
• Massage the skin with the pulp of a tomato twice a day. Tomato acts as a natural bleaching agent and helps remove burn marks.
• Daily application of honey on the scars is also known to help.
• Daily application of honey on the scars is also known to help. Before going to bed every night, you may also apply a little olive oil or coconut oil. This will lighten them gradually.
• Wheat germ oil is also one of the options to get rid of burn scars in less time. Apply 2-3 times a day on the affected area.
• Soak the fenugreek seeds in water for a night, next day grind these seeds and prepare a paste. Apply this paste to the burn scar and leave the patch to dry. Wash it away once it dries.
• Apply a mixture of cold water and turmeric immediately after the burn. This will prevent the formation of a burn scar.
• Application of aloe vera gel to fresh wounds prevents formation of permanent scars.
• One of the best home remedies for chicken pox scars will comprise sandalwood oil. Right from the time the scars appear, start applying sandalwood oil on them, on a daily basis. Continue with the application till the time the dry skin falls off.
• To get rid of chicken pox scars, peel the garlic pods and crush them slightly. Now, rub them all over the affected area. Leave for 1-2 minutes and rinse off. Do this treatment on a daily basis.
Following are few cosmetic treatments that are effective in the scar treatment.
• Chemical Peel: As the name suggest this procedure requires a chemical solution to remove the upper layer of the skin through gentle exfoliation which in turn improve the texture of the skin.
• Dermabrasion: In dermabrasion the top layer of the skin is scrapped away using an electrically operated device. After the treatment the skin is smoother and more radiant. However this procedure is not effective for deep scars. It takes about 10 days to 3 weeks for the skin to heal entirely.
• Laser Resurfacing: This is also an effective treatment for getting rid of facial scars. In this treatment the damaged skin is removed layer by layer using a carbondioxide laser resulting in lesser problems with hypopigmentation i.e. lightening of the skin. It is also called as laser peel or laser vaporization. Skin requires 10 days to 3 weeks to heal completely.
Acne: Types, Causes and Cure
Proactiv Acne Solution Review
Pimple and Acne Creams that Didn’t Work
Top 7 Skin Myths about Acne
Best Foundation for Large Pores / Acne Scars
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
5 Best Creams for Chicken Pox Scar Removal