WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Richfeel Scalp Cleanser Shampoo and Conditioner
You might be wondering if I’m obsessed with hair or what. But some time back I had severe hairfall due to hormonal issues, which just wouldn’t clear up with hair oils, treatments, supplements, etc. I had been lucky enough to have silky beautiful hair, but apparently I ran out of the luck one day when I woke up one morning with hair all over my pillow. It happened out of the blue, with no obvious reason. It took me a long time to discover that it was due to hormone irregularities which I had and couldn’t do anything about. The weird thing was, that even the hair that used to fall, would be beautiful, healthy and shiny – no sign of damage. But I only had to touch my hair and fifty strands would come out from the root.
After failing in all my attempts to rescue my tresses, I went to Richfeel Hair and Scalp Clinic with a lot of trepidation. I met some of their trichologists, they did a ‘hair analysis’, and to cut a long story short, I came back with an armful of their products and a lot of doubts. What’s more, I was pretty sure I had just been duped.
One of their products I tried was their shampoo (and conditioner).
Richfeel Scalp Cleanser – Formulated for Daily Wash
Packaging: It’s a big fat bottle with a screw on cap, made of semi transparent white plastic so that you can see how much is left. To take out the shampoo, you have to tilt the bottle and pour it out in your palm. If you are not careful, it may dribble along the sides. Not great packaging, but okay.
My experience with Richfeel Scalp Cleanser
The colour is white and the consistency something like thick body lotion, but thinner than usual shampoos. There is no added fragrance, except for a mild homeopathic kind of smell. I didn’t mind the smell at all, and after the wash is over, no smell lingers.
The shampoo lathered up quite easily. It made my hair soft and shiny. After using it for around a month, I saw a complete end to my hairfall.
The conditioner is extremely thick, like a hair pack, even thicker than that. So I need very little at a time, and a 500ml tub lasted me for 4-5 months. I must say that this was one of the best conditioners I ever used. Made the hair really soft and felt like a therapy product. It also had no smell and was white like the shampoo.
However, I don’t use this conditioner anymore, and that tub is over, so I’m pasting a picture of it from the richfeel website. This one is a smaller quantity which comes in a tube.
Pros of the Richfeel Scalp Cleanser Shampoo and Conditioner
1. I will most likely suit all hair types.
2. There are many ways to control hair fall and other hair problems. But I think this is especially effective for people who have hair loss from underlying medical conditions, when nothing else seems to help. But this is just my experience.
3. Short-term effect: I noticed very less hairfall while in the shower when I used this.
4. Long-term effect: It totally lived up to what one expects from a trichology clinic product. My hairfall stopped completely when everything else had failed. It stayed this way even when I switched to another shampoo.
5. Richfeel told me that their products are completely natural and do not contain harmful chemicals found in regular hair products.
6. I think the price is very reasonable for the quantity and the value we get out of the product.
Cons of the Richfeel Scalp Cleanser Shampoo and Conditioner
1. Availability: You need to be a patient at Richfeel in order to purchase their products from their clinics in the smaller cities. In Mumbai (and possibly other metros) I have seen their entire range in all big supermarkets for the retail customer. You can also purchase online at www.richskincare.com
2. No ingredients list! Maybe Richfeel is possessive about its product formula as a tricho clinic, but then I think I would like to know what I’m slathering all over my head.
3. Some people who hate medicinal odours may mind the subtle homeopathy-like smell, though I don’t. I know some do like to have their hair smell nice when they step out of the shower. This gives you zero fragrance, but I don’t think it is such a big con.
4. The conditioner is very, very thick and for people with oily hair, this may cause hair to look limp. That is the reason I stopped using it when my hair was restored to its natural oily self.
Will I repurchase? Yes, I already have, because I’m having post-partum hairfall now. 🙁
Treat Itchy Scalp With Home Remedies And Tips
Shahnaz Husain Shatone Scalp Tonic
Home Remedies for Common Scalp Problems
Biotique Musk Root Pack For Hair and Scalp
Patanjali Kesh Kanti Hair Cleanser
Hair Care 2: Shampoo and Conditioner
Richfeel Under Eye Gel Vs Oriflame Aloe Vera Soothing Eye Gel