WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Possessing soft and beautiful hair is every woman’s dream. But frizzy, unmanageable, lifeless rough hair often plays the villain and the worst part is when we have the least idea on how to tame it! Looking for some of the easiest ways to make your rough hair soft? Read on to know more about ways to treat your rough hair!
Rough hair: Causes
Before we go on to discuss the remedies, it is important to know the potential causes behind having rough hair; here are the top ones:
- Poor nutrition.
- Loss of moisture on account of environmental factors.
- Thermal damages to hair due to excessive use of styling products and heating appliances.
- Lack of proper hair-care routine.
- Hair damages due to chlorine, sun and chemical treatments.
Naturally, rough hair tends to be dry and lifeless. However, prevention is always better that cure and hence, try to make amends in your day-to-day life if you think the root-cause of having rough hair lies in any of the above-mentioned points.
How To Make Rough Hair Soft: DIY Remedies
- Mustard oil and honey: Take some mustard oil and warm it. Massage your scalp with it. Then apply honey through your hair strands and after that, cover your head with a moist and warm towel for about fifteen minutes. This can be done once every month.
- Oil massage and Egg and curd mask: This is an age-old remedy for rough hair. Mix egg yolk with two spoons of curd and apply evenly through the hair strands. This is going to be more effective if you precede this treatment with an oil massage by mixing castor oil and almond oil together. Oil massage would help to soften your hair and the egg-curd mask would provide proteins and condition your hair to make it smooth and shiny. Leave on for about one hour and wash off with a hair-softening shampoo. Do it once every week.
- Banana and yoghurt pack: Mash a banana and mix it with half-a-cup of beaten yoghurt. Apply on your hair and leave on for at least 15 minutes. Wash off with a good quality shampoo. This too can be done once every week.
- Egg and milk pack: Mix egg white with milk and massage your scalp with it. Apply it on the hair strands as well. Leave it on for twenty minutes and wash off.
- Virgin olive oil massage: An oil massage can do wonders if you have dry and rough hair. Take some virgin olive oil and apply it on your hair and scalp with the help of cotton. Give yourself a massage and wrap your head with a damp and warm towel. This will ensure that the oil penetrates the hair roots. Try doing it at least two hours before you shampoo your hair.
How To Treat Rough Hair: Lifestyle Changes and Everyday Tips
Here are a few lifestyle changes that can help you in combating the problem of rough hair in a more effective manner.
- It is important to keep your hair and scalp clean; but it is equally important not to wash your hair too frequently as this would rob your hair of the essential oils and make it dry. Shampoo two to three times every week and use a shampoo formulated to smoothen rough hair. Use a moisturizing conditioner and concentrate on applying it along the length of your hair and not the roots.
- Pay attention to what you eat. Include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Drink lots of water.
- Avoid exposure of your hair in sun and pollution. Consider using a sunscreen or you may like to wear a scarf stylishly or tie up your hair in a bun! This will help you to avoid making your hair rough and dull.
- Avoid chlorinated water, styling products and heat on your hair (for styling, of course!) as much as you can.
- You may consider going for a hair spa or a deep-conditioning treatment at your favourite salon.
If you religiously stick to a healthy hair care programme in your day-to-day life, you can gradually combat rough hair problem and make it softer and smoother. Healthy habits do manifest itself through a healthy body, mind, skin and hair.
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
Dove Moisture Therapy Shampoo For Dry, Rough Hair
Homemade Hair Packs for Dry Damaged Hair
Loreal Total Repair 5 Hair Masque
Hair & Care Silk n Shine
How To Make Hair Soft : Ask IMBB Gang
Clinic Plus Soft And Silky Cream Conditioner
Johnson’s Kids No More Tangle Detangle Spray for Soft Hair
Himalaya Herbals Protein Hair Cream