This post is an entry for 500 celebration Giveaway.
Aloe Vera Calming Facial Cleanser
This was the first cleanser and skin care range that I tried from Body Shop. All along I was only trying their soaps, body lotions, lip balm but never their skin care. I actually got this as a gift from my friend. I have a fetish for small-sized products. Since I break-out, I was happy that my friend gave me this travel pack. So I could like experiment and see if it suits my skin.
The Aloe Vera range comes in a pale green bottle to match the theme of Aloe Vera plant. There isn’t anything fancy about the packaging at all, but it fits in well with the range
- Aloe Vera Gel – Is renowned for its incredible soothing, hydrating and moisturizing properties – perfect for sensitive skin.
- Organic Babassu Oil – Is a light moisturizing, non-greasy oil that helps to soften sensitive skin, helping to prevent moisture loss and dryness and restore suppleness.
- Sorbitol – Helps the skin to retain its moisture, helping to keep it feeling soft and supple. It’s a naturally occurring ingredient found in many fruits, such as berries.
Massage over the face and neck, using fingertips. Wipe away using a tissue or rinse off with clean water.
Price: Rs. 595 for 200ml
How do I use it?
It’s a very thick cream. I take the required quantity in my hand and massage in circular motion on my face. It’s mildly scented and rather gives a very nice cooling effect. I then wipe it off with a tissue. It’s quite effective in removing make-up but I would usually follow it up with a foaming cleanser (Clean & Clear)
Usually I react within days if a product is wrong for me. Luckily, it didn’t break me out. Actually when I started using this, I had one or two pimple on my face. This balanced my skin
What do I like?
- It gets absorbed quickly and it’s pretty light on the skin in spite of being a very thick lotion
- Since I have the travel pack, it does not have flip opening like the normal sized pack. It has a huge mouth and I find it easier to use it. It’s thick and makes it easier for me to tap the bottle for the product to come out
- A small quantity is more than sufficient for face and neck
- I have oily skin and it suits me fine even though it says its for sensitive skin
What do I not like?
- I do not know the quantity left in the bottle. Even when holding it up to the light, I just can’t figure out
- It’s not a complete make-up remover. I need to wash again to remove all my make-up
Aloe Vera Calming Toner
Best if you want to:Instantly calm your sensitive skin, while removing impurities and excess traces of cleanser, with a conditioning, alcohol-free toner.
How it works:
- Moisturizes and soothes sensitive skin.
- Sorbitol, a naturally occurring ingredient in many fruits, helps skin to retain moisture, so it feels soft and supple.
- Dermatologist approved and clinically proven for sensitive skin.
Apart from Aloe Vera Gel and Sorbitol, it has Glycerin. Glycerin is an effective moisturizer which helps improve softness and maximize hydration.
Saturate a cotton pad and sweep across a cleansed face and neck.
Price: Rs. 545 for 200ml. They have slashed the price. Earlier it was Rs. 695!!!!!
How do I use it?
I generally like spray type bottle for toners. I don’t like to pour the product on the cotton. I feel the cotton absorbs more than my skin. I just pour in on my hand and splash it on my face.
What do I like?
- It’s alcohol free and absolutely unscented. It’s absolutely gentle on the skin
- It leaves my skin feel soothed and has a slight cooling effect. It actually makes my face instantly fresh
What do I not like?
- I don’t know if it’s the case with 200ml bottle. The bottle has a huge mouth and need to be cautious about the quantity while pouring the product
Overall Verdict for Cleanser
Since its thick, you would not need much and gets quickly absorbed in your skin. It didn’t harm my skin neither did it do anything wonderful. What miracle was I expecting? No clue. I would just say I use it for removing my make-up initially.
I don’t think I’ll buy this cleanser.
Overall Verdict for Toner
I like it a lot. I alternate between this and Fab India Rose water. While I’m traveling, I usually take both the cleanser and toner. It does not spill and the packaging remains intact. I might not buy this toner. The only hitch is the price. Considering that it costs almost the same as cleanser and will last lesser in terms of days, I’ll want to try some other toner
My Rating for Cleanser: :star::star::star:
My Rating for Toner: :star::star::star::star:
32 thoughts on “The Body Shop Aloe Vera Calming Cleanser and Toner Review”
Hi Priya, nice review Im tempted to try the toner but I see what abt the wide mouth, im currently using TBS vit E hydrating toner which is decent
Hi Renuca, you can give the toner a shot. If you’re using cotton to dab the toner, I don’t think the wide mouth would be a problem. I just tend to pour more than required quantity 🙁
Hey happy to see you here Priya. Glad that you liked the toner 🙂
Ha ha… Probably now it’s time for people to know you gifted it to me 😀
:kissed: :shy: :blush:
I stumbled upon this website yesterday. and since then its been a marathon session reading all the blogs.. and I am lovin it 🙂 🙂
Do try the The BodyShop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover… its the best at removing my eye make up.. its very easy to use, does not sting my eyes and effectively removes my makeup even waterproof mascara.. 🙂 :chic:
welcome to IMBB. 🙂
Thank u :worship:
😯 :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: H!ee………..
Hey, really nice review and i love your blog. 🙂
Keep it up.
btw, i got a question to ask you.. does this product work on a specific skin type? or does it have to be normal skin type?