Hello Gorgeous Ladies,
Today, I will be writing about how I make my own version of Cupcake Face Mask from Lush. I have always read or heard girls complaining about Lush Cupcake’s short shelf life, so I thought why not make my own version of this amazing face mask. You can make batches according to your requirement and convenience. All the ingredients used are natural and easily available. I was browsing through Lush’s website and found a video in which they actually show how they make this mask. That inspired me to try and recreate it. So, let’s get started:
Original ingredients Used in Lush Cupcake Mask:
Rhassoul mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerin, Cocoa powder, Cocoa butter, fresh mint, Sandalwood oil, Peppermint oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil.
We will be using maximum of these ingredients in preparing our version of cupcake.
Things Needed To Make Lush Cupcake:
I have mentioned the quantity of ingredients to prepare a batch which can suffice for a single application.
- Mint leaves (Quantity 4-6 sprigs). Benefits to the skin: Mint imparts a cooling sensation to the skin and helps in dealing with skin irritation.
- Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth (Quantity – 1 teaspoon). Since Rhassouls Mud is not easily available, we can use Fuller’s Earth because it has similar benefits as Rhassouls Mud. Benefits to the skin: Natural skin cleanser. It acts as an antiseptic and thus helps in cleaning the skin. Increases blood circulation. The application of mud increases blood circulation in the skin. It helps in lightening dark tone of the skin. It helps acne-prone skin to recover fast and gives relief from acne and oily skin.
- Cocoa Powder (Quantity-1 teaspoon).
- Cocoa butter or cocoa butter lotion (Quantity – 1 teaspoon). Benefits to the skin: Cocoa powder (chocolate) and cocoa butter have anti-oxidant properties, skin softening properties, moisturizing properties to name a few.
- Glycerin (Quantity-1/2 teaspoon). Benefits to the skin: Glycerin helps in restoring the water levels in your skin and prevents dryness of your skin.
- Sandalwood oil (Quantity-3-4 drops). Sandalwood oil relieves both inflammation and itching, anti-aging properties, toning effect and used to prevent scars on face.
- Honey (Quantity-1/2 teaspoon). Benefits to the skin: Honey has anti-bacterial properties and gives a natural glow to the skin.
- Rose water (Quantity-as much as required to get a mask-like consistency).
I have included all major ingredients which are easily available. You can adjust the quantity of ingredients as per your requirement. Now that we know what all we need, let’s make our own Lush Cupcake Mask.
Steps For Making Cupcake Mask:
- Grind the mint leaves in a blender and make a smooth paste by adding equivalent amount of water.
- Take cocoa powder in a mixing bowl and add cocoa butter lotion (or cocoa butter) to it. I had to use cocoa butter lotion because I didn’t get loose cocoa butter anywhere.
- Add Multani Mitti and mix it within the bowl.
- Now, mix the mint paste we have prepared along with a few drops of sandalwood oil and glycerin.
- In the end, add honey and mix the contents well.
- Adjust the consistency of this mixture by adding required amount of rose water till it forms a smooth paste which can be applied on the face as a mask.
Apply this mask on your face by using a brush or simply splurge it on with your fingers. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash off. Pat dry and say “hello” to beautiful and rejuvenated skin! That’s it!! You have your own version of Cupcake mask. You can create a fresh batch each time you want to use it or you can prepare it and store for a week or two. I always prefer to create a fresh batch each time I use it, so I can’t comment on the shelf life if you want to store it. You can always give it a try and also let me know for how long it stays fresh.
My Take on How To Make Lush Cupcake Face Mask At Home:
I have made this mask and used it a couple of times. This mask is absolutely amazing and after application, it makes the face feel refreshed, cleaner, softer, and oil free. Since it uses all natural ingredients, it is not harmful and it is a life saver or rather skin saver for people with oily or acne-prone skin. To add to the goodness, it smells so yummy!! So, go ahead girls, give it a try and share your experience.
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How to make Lush Crash Course in Skin Care at home
My Lush Haul
Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask
Lush Cosmetic Warrior Mask
Lush Cup Cake Face Mask
Lush Aqua Marina Cleanser
Lush Wow Wow Face Mask
Homemade Chocolate Face Mask
Oriflame Swedish Spa Purifying Face Mask
12 Best Homemade Face Masks
Avon Naturals Skin Care : Cleanser, Toner, Face Mask
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- face masks
- lush cupcake mask diy