WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I am sure you are all familiar with Lush products by now. This mask is my first Lush purchase. Somehow, I was always put off by the strong smell coming from the shop that I never tried any of their products till now. While roaming around inside Phoenix Market City Mall in Pune, I thought maybe it is time to try one of these and I am so glad I did! There was no one else in the shop at that time and I kept trying and smelling all the lovely things there 😛 Finally, I asked the very patient SA to give me a mask which is very moisturizing and she advised me this. Fresh, handmade Lush Oatifix Face Mask.
Shelf life is only one month and has to be kept in fridge.
Product Description by Lush:
It is a moisturizing mask. Sensitive, dry or irritated faces love Oatifix for its calming oats, softening mashed banana and ground almonds to slough away flaky skin.
How To Use:
Cleanse your face and pat dry. Smooth a good dollop of fresh face mask over your entire face, making sure to avoid the eyes and mouth. Leave the mask on for about ten minutes (do not let the mask dry completely). Wash off with warm water, follow with your favorite toner and moisturizer.
Glycerine, Fine oatmeal, Fresh Organic bananas, Water, Ground almonds, Illipe butter, Kaolin, Talc, Vanilla Pod, Sandalwood oil, Benzoin resinoid, Coumarin, Benzyl Cinnamate, Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract.
As you can see in the ingredients list, water is the fourth ingredient. Hence, the mask is in a semi-solid form and I usually add some rose water or plain water to loosen it up a bit; especially after refrigerating the mask, it tends to become more solid. Hence adding a little water always helps in a smooth application.
Pros of Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask:
- Skin feels moisturized and baby soft after every use.
- The fresh ingredients and the natural oils present in the mask add a glow to your face the whole day.
- It is a mask-cum-scrub. Gently scrub your face while removing the mask. The oatmeal and the ground almonds give you a nice scrub without being too harsh.
- Immediate relief for dry-skinned beauties.
- 100% natural ingredients. No chemicals or paraben involved.
- You can even skip applying moisturizer because the mask leaves you with a well-hydrated skin.
- Like other masks, no need to wait till it becomes completely dry, just 10 minutes for healthy skin is really a time saver.
- Nice sweet smell, which helps you relax more. It is rather a strong smell though.
Cons of Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask:
- Very short shelf time, one month to finish the whole tub is too less. I actually wasted one-fourth of it since expiry date was over and so, use it 2 to 3 times a week or mask your husband also whenever you apply :toothygrin:
- It may not suit oily-skinned beauties. Face may tend to look oily if you do not wash it off properly. It also has a tendency to stick to your hair. :-P. So, wrap a towel or band along your hairline.
- It is not very easy to apply like some other masks where you can just squeeze it out of the tube and apply directly on to the face. You need to mix it with water first and in the right consistency or else it might fall off.
- Once I forgot to wash it off and kept it for around 40 minutes and the next day I noticed one or two pimples. So, please do not keep it for more than 10 minute ladies !!
My Verdict on Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask:
4/5 (one point deducted for the short shelf life and for not being suitable for oily skin). This is an excellent mask for normal to dry-skinned beauties and I would definitely repurchase it, especially during winters.
Lush Snowcake Soap
Lush Angel’s Delight Soap
LUSH Vanishing Cream
Lush Tea Tree Water
Lush I Love Juicy Shampoo
Lush Sympathy For Skin Body Lotion
Natural Homemade Face Pack : Honey & Oats (With Photos)
Vaseline Aloe Fresh Hydrating Body Lotion
DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Eau de Parfum
Dove Go Fresh Body Wash
Daily Beauty Tips 7 : Fresh Face
Lush Wow Wow Face Mask
Homemade Chocolate Face Mask
Oriflame Swedish Spa Purifying Face Mask
12 Best Homemade Face Masks
Avon Naturals Skin Care : Cleanser, Toner, Face Mask
Botanical Aromatherapy Face Mask Geranium
Oriflame Optimals Oxygen Boost Face Mask