Acne Series Part 1 – Pond’s Age Miracle Microdermabrasion Kit
Let me introduce myself, I’m a 32-year-old housewife, blogger and a very enthusiastic DIY (do-it-yourself) researcher (self-funded, ofcourse 🙂 ). I have 2 beautiful daughters. I am a health freak, always looking for ‘natural/herbal/organic/ ayurvedic’ type of words in anything that I buy. So, you’ll mostly get a good dose of nature’s power from my articles. My own concerns are – oily, acne prone facial skin, sun damage-caused dark pigmentation (reward for ignoring the HOLY sunblock), deep acne scars, silky but fine and thin hair, little bit of premature greying, the list would go on, but this is enough for now. So, you can imagine how desperately I must be trying to find solutions that really work and are cost-effective.
I’ll be writing in series according to my problems and what all things I’ve tried for them.
First is acne series:
After trying most of the anti-acne products and failing with most of them, I decided to give microdermabrasion a try. Before going for a professional micro session, I came across ‘Pond’s Age Miracle Microdermabrasion’ kit.
It is a try-at-home kit that includes 3 items, one abrasive scrub cream, an applicator and one post-treatment glow enhancer cream.
Steps To Use:
1) Cleanse and dry the face thoroughly.
2) Squeeze out some scrub cream on the applicator that you can see in the picture above, the applicator is manual.
3) Move the applicator in circular motion all over the face except around the eyes, use as much as pressure you can comfortably tolerate. Continue for about 5 minutes.
4) Rinse the face thoroughly with cold water. Make sure all the abrasive bits are washed off. Take care not to let it go into the eyes.
5) Dry the face and apply a pea size amount of ‘Post Treatment Glow Enhancer’ cream and massage. Leave it on. (Don’t go out in the sun without wearing a sunblock as skin is more prone to tanning after scrubbing, and not to mention you would literally GLOW as the post-treatment cream has glitter particles in it’).
Result After I Used the Kit:
Skin felt little smoother, not any better than after my regular scrub, certainly not the microdermabrasion effect at all.
Low cost as compared to professional microderm service. The kit should last for a good few months if used twice a week. I do not know the current price, but I bought it for Rs.700 for a sample pack. So no harm in trying.
Cons – (That’s right, only one pro and more cons):
1) Both creams are oily-cream based, which is not a favorable thing for an oily skin.
2) Scrubbing cream is very slippery in texture, which makes the scrubbing job slippery. You need to apply more pressure so that the abrasive bits can reach the skin; very mild abrasion for a scrub to be called a microdermabrasion.
3) The applicator is totally useless. Very smooth-textured hard foam head combined with the slippery cream makes it even more difficult to scrub without much pressure. I literally had hurting cheekbones because had to apply so much pressure and the applicator kept slipping off from my face.
4) Why in the world they discovered the post-treatment glow cream is beyond me. It serves no purpose at all other than putting some glittery bits on your face and that glitter looks really weird if you are going out in the sun, still it gets absorbed pretty well, so you might want to use it for evening parties just to give yourself that shimmer look.
5) I tried to use just the scrub cream without an applicator, but still didn’t serve the purpose of a good scrub. Just to get something out of it, I used up the scrub cream as a body scrub in the bath.
All in all, I found it to be a below-average product. I’ve never liked Pond’s anyways.
One tip to achieve more abrasive effect with any regular scrub cream, use a thick surgical cotton pad, dampen just a little bit with water (dry cotton would leave threads on your face) and put the scrub on it. Then massage the cotton on the face. The cotton absorbs the moisture in the cream, leaving the abrasive particles to scrub without slipping, works beautifully on the lips, although have to use the pressure like you would to brush the teeth.
(Wish this was me :))
Hope you guys like this review and it is of some help to you. Remember to research before buying into anything that you are putting on or inside your body. Health is Wealth.
I will be back with next acne episode. Have a good health. Love to hear from you.
Certain Images have been taken from Pond’s website
The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion
Best Foundation for Large Pores / Acne Scars – Ask IMBB
Pond’s Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam with Activated Carbon
Pond’s Daily Face Wash
Pond’s White Beauty Daily Spot-less Lightening Cream & Facial Foam
Pond’s Age Miracle Overnight Repair Dream Night Cream
Ponds Age Miracle Daily Resurfacing Cream with SPF15 PA++
Homemade Facial Peel for Skin
Do-It-Yourself Facial in 10 Minutes
Jovees Papaya and Honey Facial Scrub
All About Facial Peels
VLCC Anti Tan Facial Kit
Biotique Pineapple Fruit Gel Facial Foam Cleanser
Forest Essentials Facial Scrub and Facial Treatment Masque
10 Homemade Facial Scrubs
Everyuth Natural Walnut Facial Scrub
Tvam Almond And Honey Face Scrub And Body Polisher
Tvam Almond And Honey Face Scrub And Body Polisher
Naturoma Herbal Apricot Scrub
Oriflame Swedish Spa Face Scrub