The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream Review
According to the company’s website:-
Best if you want to: Spoil your skin with a moisturizing, soap-free cleanser full of rich, creamy, skin-softening lather and a classic, clean scent.
Best for: very dry skin
• Glycerine-Is an effective moisturizer which helps improve softness and maximize hydration.
• Sesame oil-Moisturizes and helps to soften the skin. Provides vital income for small-scale farmers.
• Shea butter- Community Trade Shea butter has antioxidant vitamins A and E to help protect and nourish skin. Moisturizes and helps soften the skin. Also provides a rural community of women with regular work and income.
• Sunflower Seed Oil- Moisturizes and helps to soften the skin.
How to use: Squeeze onto the palms of your hands or Bath Lily/sponge and massage over your body.
What I feel about the product:-
This is how I bought it: – I enter The Body shop, a cute sales guy asks me that what I required? I replied that I was looking for a shower gel. He asked my skin type to which I replied Dry & then he took out the Shea shower Cream & the Cocoa Butter shower Cream. As I had already used the Shea Body Butter this winter with excellent results, I took this shower cream. ☺ So short & sweet buying experience. I really like well informed staff & I congratulate The Body Shop for keeping such nice SAs.
Price: 325/- for 250 ml. (No I didn’t buy it in Sale so the full price ☹ )
Packaging: I find it cute. The bottle is made of clear plastic. There is a photo of Shea nuts across the bottom. The cap features a flip-top lid. The cap can also be twisted all the way off, if a person wants to be more efficient at emptying their bottle out. On the back of the bottle one can clearly see all the ingredients mentioned. ☺
Texture: – As the name says, it is a beige color shower cream so its texture is also creamy as opposed to the gel texture which can be seen in most of the shower gels. Its consistency is fairly thick, doesn’t spill like mad or gets wasted even if you are using your hands to apply it. You can easily take out the required amount by squeezing the plastic bottle without worrying about overflowing it.
Left: Texture of the shower cream & Right-my silk smooth hand after using it. No dryness at all
Experience: – I have used it both on a shower sponge & alone using my hands. But I think it works well using my massage sponge. It lathers more and even I exfoliate my skin using it. As it is creamy in texture so it doesn’t lather as a shower gel would. But that only indicates that it is soap free and has a softer, creamier feel to it. I don’t feel any kind of dryness after using it and it’s given me a way by which I could get away with post-bathing moisturizing. The best part is its smell. I find the smell very subtle still very nice. The scent doesn’t last long but stays on you for quite a while. I tend to use a little more of the product to get a better lather but still this bottle would last me more than 2 months for sure.
Shea Shower cream alongwith my massage/shower sponge.
Pros of The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream
- Non drying. Best for dry to very dry skin people.
- Outstanding scent.
- Can save your money for a body lotion as it is creamy to feel. One can skip moisturizing after bath.
- Price is justified for the quality of the product. All Body Shop shower gels either cost the same or more than this one.
- Your skin feels very soft and clean after bathing and even smells good.
- I have been using it from the past 8-10 days and have even found my skin tone to brighten up a little after using it. 😛
- The Body Shop not only offers fantastic products, they are a company with a social conscience. I appreciate that their products are not tested on animals.
Cons of The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream
- Doesn’t lather as much as the shower gel does.
- One tends to use a little more of the product so doesn’t last as long as other shower gels would.
Rest I don’t find any flaws in the product. It is a superb product for the people with dry skin as you feel cleansed and hydrated after using it. I’ll continue using it till I find a better product than this for my dry skin. So I’ll even repurchase it and would recommend others to make use of this nice product.
My ratings for it will be :-* :-* :-* :-*
Have you used the Body Shop Shea Shower Cream? Please rate in the box below.
Also Read :
Coastal Scents Unrefined Shea Butter Review
Marks and Spencer African Shea Nut Lip Butter Review
The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter Review
The Body Shop Shea Body Butter Review
Oriflame Milk Honey Gold Moisturising Shower Cream Review
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion Review
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter Review
The Body Shop Olive Body Butter Review