I bought this lip scrub along with a couple of lip balms from the same brand, which I tried and reviewed recently. It must be evident by the several lip balms and lip scrubs I try and review that my biggest skin concern are my dark pigmented lips and the dryness they suffer from. I try a lot of different lip products to battle the flaky buildup on my lips. Also, my lips need regular exfoliation every other day because, they get dry and ruin lipstick application. The product in this review serves that need well.
This Lip Scrub makes lips soft and moist with its fine grains of sugar smoothing away dead skin.
My Experience with Etude House Kissful Lip Care Lip Scrub:
I have used a bunch of skincare products by Etude House and so far, they have not disappointed me. I have a few more products that I will try and review soon. I have not dabbled with lip scrubs often because, most don’t come in a tube packaging and I find jar packaging unsanitary. I have tried a few lip balms from Etude House and so far, they have not fascinated me, but I still want to give a try to this lip scrub.
The product comes in a tube packaging with a slant tip for easy application. The tube has a very basic appearance and serves its purpose well. The packaging has a cute doll face on it. The product has no fragrance and rightly so because, it most likely contains fragrance free heavy oils and polymers. It has a aloe gel like texture and I prefer that over petroleum jelly texture. This can be a disadvantage for some, but since my lips do not enjoy petroleum based products, I prefer the texture of this lip scrub over the other drugstore lip scrubs.
I apply a small amount of this product on lips like a lip balm and then gently rub it for 30 seconds to 1 minute with a finger, as if drawing a circle, to exfoliate dead skin. I then wash off my lips with warm water. It managed to remove dry and flaky debris from my lips. It has fine gritty particles in it which help in exfoliation of skin. It left my lips soft and smooth without drying them out, the way a wet towel does. It is very gentle on lips and does not harm lips even when used for more than a minute. The same can’t be said about the Innisfree lip scrub I reviewed last month. It is too harsh on my lips if used too vigorously.
Pros of Etude House Kissful Lip Care Lip Scrub:
- Affordable lip scrub and comes in a tube packaging which keeps it sanitary (this is a not the case with the lip scrubs in tub packaging).
- A lip balm is also available by this brand which will compliment this scrub well.
- Has no fragrance which works great for me.
- Does not have an unpleasant taste (in fact it has not taste what so ever).
- Perfect for those who shy away from petroleum based products.
- Does not make lips dry or leaves them raw or bruised.
- Preps lips for lipstick application and product applies better on well exfoliated lips.
- Can be used as a skin care step underneath a lipstick.
Cons of Etude House Kissful Lip Care Lip Scrub:
- With Korean products, availability can be an issue for some (there are third party sellers’ who sell Korean brands).
- Product will run out soon with regular use.
- Density of the exfoliating particles is low and might be insufficient for some who needs something more abrasive.
IMBB Rating: 4/5
Do I Recommend Etude House Kissful Lip Care Lip Scrub?
I do recommend it to all those who suffer from dark, flaky lips and need to exfoliate their lips regularly. It preps lips for lipstick application, it makes them smoother and softer and makes lipstick application easier.
Etude House Soft Touch Auto Lip Liner Soft Rose
Etude House Soft Touch Auto Lip Liner in Milky Brown
Etude House Styling Eye Liner Brown
Etude House Styling Eyeliner in Black
Etude House My Beauty Tool Eyelashes #04 Longlash
Etude House 0.2mm Snail Sheet Mask
Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Mask Blueberry
Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Mask Strawberry
Lakme Lip Love Lip Care Mango
Vaseline Rosy Lips Lip Care
Himalaya Rich Cocoa Butter Lip Care
Innisfree Smooth Lip Scrub
Jeffree Star Velour Lip Scrub Strawberry Gum
Forest Essentials Cane Sugar Lip Scrub
The Nature’s Co Lychee Lip Scrub
Homemade Sugar Lip Scrub with Almond Oil For Soft Lips