WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
How To Choose Lipstick Shade
For those of you lovely ladies caught in a quandary over how to choose lipstick shade, this one is just for you. The search for lip colours that best enhance your pout and complement your skin tone is a crucial one. Not all lipsticks flatter all women, and we’re here to help you distinguish.
How To Choose Lipstick Shade- Basic Rules
• Daytime Calls for Lighter Shade
Choose a matte or creamy lipstick for the day. Natural shades like rosy nudes, pinks, peaches, subtle browns or colours in sheer finish are also a good choice.
• The Night is Glitzy!
Bring on your glossy colours when the night sets in to strike a glamorous mood. Now is the time when shimmer and sheen don’t look too loud. You can choose deep bold colours such as berry, wine, purple, hot red, etc.
• Experiment Before You Buy
When you are out shopping for lipstick, be sure to try on as many as you like before selecting a few. What looks good in the tube, may not flatter your skin. Many beauty counters at big department stores will help you try on different shades and trained SAs at MAC may even guide you with the kind of look you’d like to create.0
• Be Innovative with Unflattering Shades
If you end up buying wrong shades, don’t despair. Mix two shades together by careful application with a lip brush and blend to create a nice colour. Top it up with transparent gloss for some added effect.
• Lipstick Shade Should Complement Eye Makeup
Dark bold lip colours balance the face when the eye makeup is simple. If you’ve done dramatic eyes, then underplay the lips with nude or light shades.
How to Choose Lipstick Shade For Your Complexion
1. Daywear: Medium browns or beige with pink undertones
2. Nightwear: Deeper richer copper browns, brighter pinks, deep plum, subtle berry, soft wine red with cool undertones
3. Day/Night: Deep plum, subtle berry, soft wine reds with cool undertones
4. Pink with gold shimmer are good for a festive fun look with this skin tone.
Avoid: Very bright orange-reds and hot pinks look too loud on very fair skin while pale brown with yellow undertones make fair complexion look washed out.
1. Daywear: Warm terracotta reds, earthy browns, rich caramel, brown with yellow or pink tones, coffee browns
2. Nightwear: Dark reds, blue reds, fuchsia, rich pinks
3. Sheer, creamy and matte lipsticks flatter medium complexions
Avoid: Very pale browns may make some tones in medium skin tones look washed out.
Yellowish Skin Tone
1. Daywear: Rich browns, terracotta reds, pinks with brown undertones, toffee browns, chocolate
2. Nightwear: Rich rose, soft plums with yellow tones, dark berry, reddish browns, mahogany
Avoid: Very light pinks, cool shade such as light mauve can make skin look washed out. Orangeish Red and Bluish Pinks don’t flatter yellow skin.
Brownish Or Black Skin Tone
1. Daywear: Medium pinks, sheer pinks, sheer beige, light browns
2. Nightwear: Deep reds with blue undertones, mahogany, deep plums, wine reds, berry, deep rose, rich copper, dark browns, mocha
3. Glosses in shades of medium pink and any shade of brown flatter this skin tone.
Avoid: orangeish reds, pinkish reds or peach-reds don’t go too well with this complexion.
How To Choose The Right Perfume
Foundation: How To Choose Right Foundations for Skin
How to Choose Mascara for Eyes
How to Choose Eyeshadow Color
How To Choose Jeans For Your Body Type
How to Choose Lipstick Color
How to Choose the Right Hair Brush
How To Remove Lipstick Stains
How To Wear Red Lipstick
How to Apply Lipstick for Great Lips
How to Fix a Broken Lipstick
How To Reuse and Revive an Old Lipstick
How to Wear Dark Lipsticks and Lipglosses
Lakme Lipstick Shade
Glimmersticks Diamonds Eyeliner, Ideal Shade Concealer Stick
Which is you favourite lipstick shade for monsoon season?
Marks & Spencer Per Una Lipstick Shade 20 & 34