Herbal Facial at Home
Want to pamper yourself with the best things but do not have time and moreover hate going to parlors from time to time-here is the solution. You just need an hour of your busy schedule for this once in 20 days and you will be gifting yourself a healthy, glowing skin. So people are you ready to reveal the beautiful skin hidden inside!!! Here you go… 🙂
Our skin is in a continuous process of replacing old cells with new ones. Sometimes, the old, dead cells do not fall away and tend to clog up the top layer. They need to be removed in order to bring forth brighter, more youthful layer.
Most skin experts suggest a simple regimen that can be followed for clean, healthy and glowing skin. Cleansing, exfoliating, toning and moisturizing are the four cardinal steps that guarantee you beautiful skin.
Things you will need:
- Honey, 2-3 tbsp
- Rolled oats/Rice flour -2 tbsp
- Potato grated- 1 medium sized (please do it just before starting else it will oxidize and turn black)
- Coconut milk/water-1/2 cup (for dry skin) or Orange Juice-1/2 cup (for oily skin)
- Green tea bags, 3 unused
- Mashed papaya-1/4 cup
- Mashed strawberries-4
- Mashed banana-1/2 cup
- Olive oil/Almond oil-2 tbsp
- Ice cubes and a bowl filled with cold water
Steps to follow:
Cleansing: First of all cleanse your face thoroughly with water. Now take the grated potato and rub on your skin for 5 minutes in gentle circular movements. This will take out the dirt and grime from your face. It also helps in getting rid of the tan. Now wipe of the face with a tissue dipped in cold water.
• Benefits of Potato: Raw potatoes are rich in minerals like Potassium, Sulphur and Phosphorous, and essentially these minerals are excellent for skin care. There is also the presence of vitamins and antioxidant compounds in raw potato juice, which helps improve the skin tone and has antibacterial properties. Also, the enzymes present in the pulp of raw potatoes are excellent for skin care.
Exfoliating: Now take the mashed papaya and mix 1 tbsp of oats or rice flour and rub the mixture gently over you r skin giving anti-clockwise upwards circular movements. Follow this for 2 minutes and leave the paste on the skin for 5 minutes. Afterwards wipe the face with a clean tissue dipped in cold water.
• Benefits of Papaya: Papaya is rich in vitamins A, E and C, and other anti-oxidants that help in giving skin the moisture and protection it needs.
Toning: Boil the tea bags in a bowl of water and steam your face with that for 5 minutes. This will open up the pores of the skin and you can easily take out the hidden impurities with the help of blackhead remover. Now rub some ice cubes on your skin for around 5 minutes, again gently. This will tone the face and close the open pores.
• Benefits of Green Tea: You can read the complete list of what green tea can do for you here http://uae.makeupandbeauty.com/green-tea-part-beauty-routine/
Moisturizing: Now take honey and coconut milk/water or orange juice along with mashed banana and start massaging in upwards, anticlockwise motion as tightly as possible. For eyes please follow the figure of 8 around the eyebrow and under eye area. It’s simple; just move your finger tips as if you are writing 8 on your skin. In between put a few drops of olive/almond oil on your skin and then again massage. Do this for around 10 minutes. Now wipe it off with a tissue dipped in cold water.
• Benefits of Honey: Honey’s natural antioxidant and anti-microbial properties help to protect the skin from the damage of the sun’s rays, supports the skin’s ability to rejuvenate and refresh depleted skin, leaving it feeling silky soft and supple.
• Benefits of Coconut Milk/Water: It contains cytokinins, which regulates ageing of the skin. Regular application of it with lime juice on the skin enhances the elasticity of the skin and prevents it from sagging. It is also helpful in getting rid of sun tan and scars.
• Benefits of Orange Juice: This fruit belongs to the citrus family and is best known for its astringent and toning properties. Oranges are a good source of Vitamin C which is known to improve the skin texture and color. They help restoring collagen in our body which is responsible for skin firming and preventing early aging of skin.
After all the above things comes the best part, applying mask. Take the mashed strawberries, remaining oats /rice flour and honey and mix them, apply this evenly on your skin and let it dry for 15 minutes. Afterwards wash your face with normal water.
• Benefits of Strawberries: Strawberries are a strong antiseptic. They have Vitamin C in them as well as folic acid along with AHA’s. Strawberries thoroughly cleanse the skin and remove excess oil and impurities.
Most of us will not need the feel of applying a moisturizer after wards but if you feel the dryness follow up with your regular moisturizer.
Now observe yourself in the mirror. You will notice the difference from the very first minute.. 🙂 Isn’t the procedure easy… Saves time as well as money and makes your skin regime free from chemicals.
P.S.: The above article has been written taking some information from various online sources.
How To Make Mint Lip Scrub At Home
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How to Get Rid of Stains from Silk Clothes
How To Make Hair Grow Faster
How To Apply Cream Blush
How to Contour Face with Makeup
How to Straighten Hair
How to Highlight Your Face – Photo Tutorial
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
How to Reduce Dark Circles