I read the review of Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub by Harika and wanted to buy one. I found the price a little heavy on my pocket and stayed away. I tried the version of lip scrub which Surabhi had shared and I liked it, but my ardent love for chocolates made me try my own version of “Lush Sweet Lips Vanilla and Chocolate Sugar Lip Scrub.” This in fact, is budget friendly and it takes only minutes to prepare. Yes, like the “2-minute Maggi Noodles.” 😛
So, let’s see how to prepare Lush Sweet Lips Scrub with simple ingredients:
- Brown Sugar, but I could not get it, so I went along with the normal sugar.
- Cocoa Powder, you can get it easily in super markets.
- Vanilla essence, available in super markets.
- You may also include Jojoba Oil or Almond Oil.
- Take a clean, empty, dry bowl/container. I have used a Tupperware box as I didn’t get a better container to store the product.
- Take the sugar and cocoa powder in appropriate quantities and mix them.
- Now, add drops of vanilla essence to the mixture, I love the smell….ummmmhhhh!!! Its is so yummy!
- Finally, add a spoon of honey for its therapeutic properties.
You can add jojoba oil or almond oil to this mixture. Store this mixture in an air-tight container or box and refrigerate it.
Believe me, I use this scrub twice a week and I love it. It makes my lips soft and exfoliates to a good extent and I dream that I am using a chocolate bar to scrub my lips.
Lots of people give good care and attention to their face and hair, but totally ignore lips. A simple lip balm will not be all enough to have healthy and good-looking luscious lips. Exfoliating lips should be included in the weekly beauty rituals. Removing the dead cells on lips gives soft, beautiful, and kissable lips and your lipsticks (especially matte ones) and glosses will look great.
- Always use a spatula to take out the product for hygienic reasons.
- Use olive or almond oil on your lips gently and massage for a few minutes before you scrub. This will smoothen the dead cells and helps in easy removal.
- Scrub your lips not more than twice a week, scrubbing extensively may sometime lead to dry lips.
- Use a baby tooth brush to exfoliate. It works much better than your own fingers.
- Lastly, use a lip balm to lock in the moisture.
Hope you all would try this and enjoy the chocolate-vanilla aroma!
How To Make Mint Lip Scrub At Home
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How to Get Rid of Stains from Silk Clothes
How To Make Hair Grow Faster
How To Apply Cream Blush
How to Contour Face with Makeup
How to Straighten Hair
How to Highlight Your Face – Photo Tutorial
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
How to Reduce Dark Circles