Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow “Sapphire Ice”
I love eye make-up. In any event, I prefer to highlight my eyes and keep my lips subtle and nude. This said, however, I have never really gone for those dramatic eye make-ups. Infact, Sapphire Ice was my boldest buy in terms of colour because I always end up buying those nice, subtle shades. However, when I started using the shades, I realized that they can be toned down as well to suit the various occasions and events.
Maybelline is an American makeup brand sold worldwide and owned by L’Oréal. Their motto is “maybe she’s born with it. Maybe it’s Maybelline.” (Wikipedia)
I love Maybelline’s products. They are not insanely prized, yet they never compromise on their quality. A few days back, I bought the Colossal Wear Intensity Kajal just for Rs. 150 and it is so good. The Sapphire Ice eye shadow quad is my third eye-shadow from the same series, the other two being Chai Latte and Seashore Frosts, which are also just wonderful and the best part is that since I don’t always like using all the four shades together which becomes too gaudy and too gorgeous, the properly written instructions allow me to wear just one shade out of the four according to my dress or mood.
Number of Shades:
Number of brushes provided:
The list of the ingredients is too long. So, I am quoting from Wikipedia the ingredients that are generally used. “Common ingredients in eye shadows consist of talc, mica, sericite, magnesium stearate, colorants, and preservatives. Fillers in eye shadows are primarily talc. The liquid binders are typically a silicone and the dry binders are typically magnesium stearate. In order to make an eye shadow, there has to be a balance between the fillers, dry binders and liquid binders. Once the ideal combination is found, the shadows are pressed using 700-900psi.”
The company website claims the following about its product:
Why You’ll Love It:
• Four coordinating shades with step by step application guide makes shadow easier than ever.
• All-day crease-proof wear.
• Glides on effortlessly with superior smoothness
• Velvet-tip applicator blends without tugging or pulling.
• Ophthalmologist-tested. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
For Best Results: Just sweep the brush and
1. Apply base color.
2. Sweep shade on lid.
3. Contour crease and blend.
4. Line around eye.
And yes, I loved it.
My Take on Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow “Sapphire Ice”:
The eye shadow is very user-friendly and has proper and well-etched out details about how its customers and owners can wear their eye shadow like an expert. Part of the expert wear eye shadow, the pack explains how to achieve the subtle, the casual, the classic and the dramatic look. Even the shades are distinguished by proper demarcations made by showing which colour is meant for the lid, the crease, the brow bone and the outer corner.
Here is the way you can get the four looks:
1. The subtle look: Just wear the lid colour , here silver.
2. The casual look: Wear the lid and the crease colours; here silver and bluish silver.
3. The classic look: Blend well the lid, crease and brow bone colours; here silver, bluish silver and white.
4. Lastly, if you want the dramatic and smokey look, combine all the four colours well; silver, bluish silver, white and the outer brow colour, dark blue.
Pros of Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow “Sapphire Ice”:
1. It has four colour shades together and comes with pre-coordinated colour palettes that save the hassle of trying to match and find out combinations.
2. The quality is good; it slides on effortlessly and even blends well.
3. The applicator that comes along also works well due to its velvet tip.
4. It is cheap when compared to the price of other eye shadows.
5. Maybelline is an international company of repute. Its product, therefore, gives the assurance of quality goods that won’t harm our eyes and skin.
6. The proper step-by-step instructions advising the buyers how to wear the shadow is also very customer friendly and extremely useful for novices like me.
Cons of Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow “Sapphire Ice”:
1. The packaging could be better. One has to be careful while travelling because many of the containers have loose lids that tend to open.
2. The number of applicators are less. Since there are four shades, they could have either given four brushes or two brushes which could be used at both ends.
3. The colours are not very different from each other. Two shades are on the silverish side while the other two are on the bluish side.
Will I Buy It Again:
If the price remains more or less constant, and I don’t absolutely fall in love with something super amazing and better than this, then definitely, I will buy it again and again.
Hope you liked the review.
Have you used Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Sapphire Ice? Please rate in the box below
Maybelline Expert Wear Blush Review – Berry Sorbet
Brown Smoky Eye Tutorial- Maybelline Chai Latte Quad
Maybelline Diamond Glow by Eyestudio Lilac Mauve Review, Look, Swatches
Maybelline Eye-Quad Emerald Isle 26 Review, Swatches
Lakme Peacock Eye Quartet, Maybelline Time for Wine
Some Updates on Makeup and stuff
Maybelline Seashore Frosts Eye Makeup Look Tutorial
MAC Short Shorts Eyeshadow Review, Swatch
Inglot Eye Shadow Freedom System & My Palette
Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette Review, Swatches
ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Royal Review, Photos, Swatches