WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lips that shine with killer color. This weightless gloss makes lips pop with 5X more shine than patent leather.
A pop of weightless color with vivid, mirror-like shine. Outshines everything but you!
•Micro-crystal formula for 5X the shine of patent leather
•Plush applicator shaped to curves of your lips for smooth, even application of color
•Revlon ColorBurst’s Elasticolor™ technology for rich color with a weightless feel
•Moisturizers and anti-oxidants such as sweet almond oil and vitamin E conditions and improves lip texture
•Available in 15 vibrant, on-trend shades
I believe this is one of Revlon’s newest products, and I was pretty excited to try it as I’m very into lipgloss at the moment, as well as bright lip colors. I wanted to buy just one, but I had great fun swatching all 15 shades of the Colorburst lipglosses and took my time in choosing a shade. They have a nice assortment of light, natural shades to more vivid, glittery ones, and in the end I chose Papaya, which stood out to me because it was the only shade that to my eyes had no visible shimmers.
Swatched on my arm:
Not that I have anything against shimmers, it’s just that I already have a bunch of shimmery lipglosses and I wanted one without. Looking at the photo of the swatch though, I noticed that it actually has tiny pink and gold shimmers, but on the lips, they’re not obvious.
The color looks very bright in the tube as well as in the swatch, but I would say this applies semi-sheer, though it can be made a little brighter by applying more layers. Papaya is aptly named. It’s a vibrant coral pink and is a very summery shade. It brightens up my face nicely and I think it’d look sweet with a peach-colored blush.
Pros of Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Papaya
• It imparts a pretty, glossy, coral pink that brightens up my face but doesn’t look unnatural or over the top.
• The formula doesn’t leave my lips dry, nor does it irritate them.
• For ladies who hate sticky lipglosses: this feels light and non-sticky on the lips. I’ve mentioned before that I don’t mind sticky glosses, but there are times when I’m not in the mood for them either.
• The packaging is sleek and sturdy, has a quilted cap like the Corlorburst Lipsticks do, and doesn’t look cheap.
• The tube looks huge. It contains 5.9 ml of product.
• Has no discernable taste, and its scent, which I think is something like vanilla, is very faint.
Cons of Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Papaya
• This is a drugstore product, but since it’s imported from the US (this retails there for about $7.50), over here in Manila it is more expensive at 575 Pesos or $13.35.
• Aside from the USA, may not be available in all countries yet.
• The doe-foot applicator has a more rounded tip and picks up more product than I’d like it to.
• For those expecting a really bright shade in Papaya, as it looks like in the tube, this applies sheerer on the lips.
• Because of the slightly thin formula, after drinking or having a snack, the gloss is gone although there’s still a light tint left on my lips. To get that glossy effect again, I have to reapply.
Overall, I think this product is nice, but not incredible. I like the color I picked, which is fun and great for summertime, but it fades a bit easily on my lips. Although for those who detest sticky lipglosses and want a lightweight one that gives a nice wash of color, and also don’t mind reapplying, do give this one a try.
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick – Peach
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Blossom, Honey
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Rosy Nude
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss
Bath and Body Works Liplicious Lipgloss
Lipgloss: How to Make Lipgloss at Home
Health & Beauty Benefits of Papaya
FabIndia Papaya Face Pack
Jovees Papaya and Honey Facial
Oriflame White Nettle & Papaya 2- in- 1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick- Peach
Have You Used Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Papaya Before? Please Rate in the Box Below: