The delightful monsoon season is here, and as happy as that makes all of us, we know that this season isn’t the kindest towards our skin and hair. Many people face common hair and skin woes at this time of the year, owning to the very high humidity levels in the air. It’s not uncommon for your hair to become dry and frizzy at this time of the year. Nor is it uncommon for you to experience increased hair fall and damage. So, let’s take a look at some of quick and easy tips that can help keep your dry and frizzy hair smooth and well maintained during the monsoon season.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
1. Protect your hair from the rainfall: It may be tempting to go out and enjoy the rainfall, but remember that rainwater isn’t pure and clean, as we believe it to be. It is often loaded with the dirt and pollutants in the environment. When this water falls on your hair, it causes the hair to become rough, dry and damaged. The first and foremost thing to do is to protect your hair from rain water. If you must go out in the rain or if you get caught in the downpour, make sure to use something that covers your head and protect your hair from the rain water.
2. Use a gentle, sulphate free shampoo: The humidity might make you want to shampoo your hair often, but that is a sure shot way of making your hair super dry during the monsoon season. To ensure that your hair remains smooth during the rainy season, limit your shampooing to twice a week. It’s also important to make sure that the shampoo you use is gentle and sulphate free. Recommendation: L’Oreal OleoTherapy Sulfate Free Shampoo
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
3. Condition your hair in the right way: Your conditioner has been designed to make your hair soft, smooth and more manageable, but when you don’t use it the right way, it can actually add to your hair woes. Make sure to use the right amount of conditioner—not too much and not too little. Moreover, avoid the roots of your hair and focus on the lengths and ends of your hair. Once you have applied the conditioner, leave it on for about 4-5 minutes and use a wide toothed comb to distribute the conditioner evenly across your hair. Recommendation: Organix Morocco Aragan Oil Conditioner.
4. Use a leave-in hair product: Using a leave-in conditioner or a dry oil once you have washed your hair can go a long way in keeping your hair soft and smooth for days after. It helps combat the effects of humidity and keeps your hair frizz-free.Recommendation: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
5. Oil your hair once a week: The rainy season does not mean that you no longer have to oil your hair. Oiling your hair with natural oils such as cold pressed virgin coconut oil, sweet almond oil or olive oil, can go a long way in keeping your hair soft and smooth throughout the season. Moreover, this adds nourishment to your hair and makes it stronger and resistant to breakage. If you’re averse to the idea of oiling your hair, opt for a nourishing hair mask. Recommendation: Ouai Hair Oil
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
6. Avoid using heat styling treatments: If you use heat styling treatments on your hair too frequently, they are sure to make your hair super dry, especially at this time of the year. Use heat-free styling methods to style your hair as far as possible. If you do end up using heat treatments, make sure to use products designed to protect your hair from heat damage.
7. Eat the right foods: Eating the right foods, such as proteins and the good fats, is the most natural way in which you can make sure that your hair remains soft, smooth and beautiful. Your hair will surely reflect the goodness of your diet.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
10 Easy Ways to Keep Greasy Hair at Bay
How to Always Keep Your Hair Smelling Fresh
Natural Ways to Straighten Hair at Home, Without the Heat
How To Make Rough Hair Soft
Matrix Biolage 6-in-1 Smooth Proof Deep Smoothing Hair Serum
Ouai Smooth Shampoo
DIY- Oats & Milk Nourishing Hair Mask for Soft Smooth Hair
My Top 5 Makeup Products for Monsoon
How to Stop Hair Fall in Monsoons
14 Monsoon-Apt Homemade Masks for All Hair Problems
10 Superb Skin Care and Makeup Tips for Monsoon
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne