Dove Intense Damage Therapy- Shampoo and Conditioner Review
My hair is chemically treated (Japanese straightening…yes, the results for me were scarier than a Japanese horror film!) and suffers from extreme brittleness, dryness and evil EVIL split ends. I tried Parachute Coconut oil to fix these issues, but it takes a while to see results with that and I needed a quick fix!
No prince charming is climbing up my hair anytime soon! Perhaps Dove will help?
Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo
Dove Intense Damage Therapy Conditioner
Packaging and Price: The products come in an all over deep blue oval-shaped bottle (the packaging for USA has now changed to a sleek white). Conditioners range from Rs 69 (90ml) to Rs 125 (180ml) and Shampoos cost Rs 64 (100ml), Rs. 115 (200ml) and Rs 199 (400ml). The shampoo and conditioner each are available for around $5 (varies from store to store) for the amount of 12 fl oz or 355 ml in the US. I got mine even cheaper than that.
Application: I wash my hair every other day, which averages to 3-4 times a week. In the shower I apply shampoo just once then squeeze out the water, apply the conditioner, leave on for a few minutes and rinse. I then pat dry my hair and apply a serum like CHI Silk Infusion or John Frieda. This is the regimen I followed while using the product, only I skipped the serum because I wanted to see how the products work by themselves.
- The product smells really good, it’s like a fresh, clean smell. Plus my hair smells divine after using the product. It reminds me of concentrated Johnson’s Baby Powder smell.
- The consistency of the shampoo is a little thinner than other shampoos I’ve used and in my hand it feels pretty “light.” When I tilt my hand it slides of easily.
- The conditioner is only a little thicker than the shampoo. If I don’t squeeze my hair out nicely before putting it on, it glides off my hair.
- Immediately after washing my hair feels soft (like the cuticles are all smoothed down).
- I lose a lot less hair when I wash the product out. That is probably because the product moves around so easily, there’s no pulling or tugging while putting the product in or washing it out.
- I really don’t feel the need to use the serum with the shampoo and conditioner.
- It contains sodium laureth sulphate, which has been talked about a lot on this forum. The shampoo I was using before this is sulphate free. This foams more than my first shampoo, but it washes out pretty easy and my hair isn’t rough when I wash the shampoo out, like it is when I use other sulphate containing shampoos.
- My hair feels incredibly soft, smooth and overall amazing.
- My hair is actually shiny after use, which doesn’t happen with my normal shampoo and conditioner until I use serum afterward.
- On day two (the day I skip washes), my hair is very oily when I wake up in the morning.
- On day two my scalp is itchy and there is a lot of buildup on it; by evening I feel like have to wash my hair again.
- And my hair falls limp and is totally flat, especially at the roots.
- By the third days morning my hair looks like I’ve applied tel in it!
Wow, this system is such a hit-miss for me. My hair feels amazing for like the first 24 hours and then it all goes downhill. I also was breaking out more when using this product, probably from all that oil. I have to add that I already have an oily scalp, prone to buildup, so this product just made it worse!
I was really really surprised that the same thing happened over and over again. The shampoo works like a miracle on the first day! It smoothes out the hair, the split-ends are smoothed too so their appearance is greatly minimized but it just doesn’t stay that way for too long. The only problem is that it just doesn’t last. To be honest I felt like Cinderella at the ball…when the clock strikes 12 L
It’s a good thing I bought this product cheap because I really won’t risk using it. I would though recommend it to someone that has dry hair and doesn’t have any oil issues like me. Normally my hair gets oily by the second day after washing, but if you’re the type that can do with 2-washes a week on regular shampoo, you should most definitely give this product a shot! I just can’t seem to get my head wrapped around this healthy hair thing! Source: Resultby.files.wordpress.com
Can you share your favorite products with me?
My Rating: :star: (Below expectations, but not awful)
Today’s Pick is Crepe Paper Necklace. Isn’t this fun?
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- dove conditioner
- dove damage therapy shampoo review