My hair is the biggest concern in my life and just to tame it, I buy and experiment with many products, sometimes with happy and pleasing results, but many times with disastrous effects too. This nice and extremely alluring named product called “Polishing Drops Conditioner” was one of my experiments which miserably failed.
I have never been much satisfied with products from Fiama Wills, be it their body soaps or their anti-dandruff shampoo or this conditioner. This conditioner which claims to contain Avocado and Burdock for that “shiny, smooth finish” did nothing to improve the condition of my hair. It rather gave me rough, shine-free hair and flying hairs, which I did not have before. I just used it two or three times, after which I stopped using it right away.
About the Company and its Claims:
In September 2007, ITC launched Fiama Di Wills, a premium range of personal care products comprising shampoos, conditioner, shower gels and bathing bar. The Fiama Di Wills range combines the goodness of nature and science, providing gentle and effective care. The Fiama Di Wills product portfolio has been developed by scientists at the ITC R&D Centre, leveraging the expertise of International product formulation specialists. The fragrances, aesthetics and packaging have been developed in collaboration with European specialists. Fiama Di Wills products are targeted at the young, modern, aware customers who are confident of themselves and seek indulgences that make them feel alive and beautiful. The range combines exotic naturals like Sage, Watercress, Magnolia blossoms and the best of contemporary science like Hydro Restorative System and Cuticle Restore Technology to make the consumer feel beautiful, today, tomorrow. (http://www.itcportal.com/itc-business/fmcg/personal-care-products/fiama-di-wills.aspx)
About the Polishing Drops Conditioner, the Company Claims:
Each of these shampoos can be complemented with Fiama Di Wills Polishing Drops conditioner. This gentle conditioner enriched with Avocado Oil and Burdock extract promises to make hair shiny, soft and smooth. It also gives the additional benefits of UV protection as it contains Sunflower Seed extract, which is a natural UV absorber.
About the Product:
Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, D-Panthenol, Avocado Oil, Burdock extract, Sunflower seed extract.
What the Product Claims:
Fiama di wills Polishing Drops conditioner, formulated in collaboration with Cosmetech laboratories Inc, USA, combines the goodness of gentle exotic naturals and power of effective science. Give your hair Gentle and Effective care. The conditioner has extract of Burdock and Avocado oil. Gently applying satin smooth Polishing Drops conditioner , after a wash of hair with Fiama Di Wills shampoo, conditions hair leaving it feeling hair soft and smooth.
Directions For Use:
• Apply generously over the length of your hair.
• This should be done after rinsing off the shampoo.
• Leave on for 2-3 minutes.
• Thoroughly rinse off thereafter.
My Take on the Product:
What interested me about the product when I bought it, besides the attractive name, is the presence of avocado, burdock and sunflower seeds. Now, let me explain the importance of these three things, as I searched from the net.
1. Avocado: Avocados are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin K, fiber, folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, copper and potassium and therefore they strengthen and fortify the hair roots like nothing else. The copious presence of rich fatty acids in avocadoes is essential in the diet as well for people who wish for healthy hair. It makes the hair smooth and shiny.
2. Burdock : Burdock is a traditional medicinal herb that is used for many ailments. Burdock root oil extract, also called Bur oil, is popular in Europe as a scalp treatment applied to improve hair strength, shine and body, help reverse scalp conditions such as dandruff, and combat hair loss. Modern studies indicate that burdock root oil extract is rich in phytosterols and essential fatty acids (including rare long-chain EFAs), the nutrients required to maintain a healthy scalp and promote natural hair growth. It combines an immediate relieving effect with nutritional support of normal functions of sebaceous glands and hair follicles According to some European herbalists, combining burdock root oil with nettle root oil and massaging these two oils into the scalp every day has a greater effect than Bur oil alone.
3. Sunflower seed extract: The importance of sunflower oil and the extract of its seed is known by most of us. Its complete and comprehensive details can be found in the article “The benefits of sunflower oil in hair” http://www.livestrong.com/article/90229-benefits-sunflower-oil-hair/
However, I do not think the percentage of avocado, burdock and sunflower seed extract is much, for if they were properly used, the conditioner would have been definitely better because these three ingredients are well known for their hair fortifying qualities.
Pros of the Polishing Drops Conditioner:
• It is cheap.
• The packaging is user friendly and good for travelling purpose..
• Though not known how much of Avocado, burdock and sunflower seeds they have used, nevertheless the presence of these is a positive factor.
• The smell is mild and pleasing.
• The consistency is good, not watery but not too thick as well.
Cons of the Polishing Drops Conditioner:
• It does not make the hair smooth and shiny and silky as claimed, at least, it didn’t work for my hair.
• It gave me frizzy hair, which I didn’t have before.
• It does not work even after applying generously.
• The key ingredients fail to make any impact, whatsoever, on the quality of the hair.
• This clearly fails to do its primary work, that of conditioning the hair properly and giving it softness and shine.
2.5/5 (This too just for the low price ).
Will I Buy it Agin?
NEVER. Even if it is cheap, spending even Rs. 70 on it is a waste.
Cheers to healthy hair and beautiful skin,
Fiama Di Wills Shower Gel Clear Springs
Fiama Di Wills Skinsense Face and Body Talc – Swiss Soft
Essenza Di Wills Body Lotion
Amway Artistry Essential Polishing Scrub
Skin Polishing at Home: Body Scrub
Fab India Aloe Vera Protein Conditioner
Biotique Bio Watercress Fresh Nourishing Conditioner
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner
Shampoo & Conditioner for Damaged Hair : Ask IMBB
Boots Seawood Conditioner
Avon Advance Techniques Moisture Sleek Smoothing Conditioner
The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Conditioner
Khadi Herbal Conditioner with Vanilla and Honey
L’Oreal Nutri-Gloss Conditioner
Oriflame Hairx Daily Care Leave-in Conditioner
Sunsilk HairFall Solution Shampoo and Conditioner
Dove Intense Damage Therapy- Shampoo and Conditioner
Richfeel Scalp Cleanser Shampoo and Conditioner
Revlon Aqua Marine Conditioner
Himalaya Hair Detangler and Conditioner
Schwarzkopf Repair Rescue Conditioner
Lush NEW! Shampoo Bar and American Cream Conditioner