Vaseline Aloe Fresh Hydrating Body Lotion Review
I basically used to use Vaseline’s Cocoa Butter lotion because of its strong cocoa scent (which I love) whereas my sis on the other hand uses Vaseline’s Aloe lotion as she cannot stand the strong cocoa scent. I was badly in need of a moisturizer when my cocoa butter got over & I was too lazy to go out to buy one :-P So I decided to use it that day & from that day onwards I’m addicted to this lotion. This hydrating body lotion is from ‘Vaseline’s Aloe Fresh’ range which also includes Aloe Fresh Moisturizing Body Gel and Aloe Fresh Protecting Body Lotion (with SPF 15).
Quantity: 400 ML
What Vaseline says about this lotion on its website?
Skin naturally regulates its moisture equilibrium – but constant exposure to the elements dehydrates skin, leaving skin dry and its senses dull.
Aloe Fresh Hydrating Body Lotion replenishes skin with a sheer burst of hydration. Fast-absorbing and non-sticky moisture leaves skin feeling cool and healthy.
refreshing aloe formula – leaves skin feeling revitalized
conditioning moisturizers – provide non-sticky hydration
My Experience with Vaseline Aloe Fresh Hydrating Body Lotion
As I mentioned I basically tried this just to moisturize but what actually got me hooked to this product is that it works as a great eye makeup remover!! My eyes are extremely sensitive. I have tried many hi brand eye makeup removers somehow everything literally everything stings my eyes. I also tried Rima’s suggestion of using Johnson’s baby wipes, my eyes got stung so bad that they were literally burning for the whole day. I usually don’t try moisturizers for removing my makeup but I don’t know how I ended up trying this to remove some stubborn eyeliner & it was gone in just swipe. A very small quantity (almost a drop) of this lotion works wonders with removing the entire eye makeup (be it heavy or light). I can proudly say now that this is my HG eye makeup remover!!
What I like about Vaseline’s Aloe Fresh Hydrating Body Lotion?
- The main ingredients:- cucumber & aloe which are said to be amongst the best for the skin.
- My sister has the most extreme driest of driest skin (be it winters or summers) & it works as a great moisturizer for her dry skin.
- The cucumber scent is fresh & very mild making it nice to use for summers. This is a great product especially if you are sensitive to certain smells.
- Does not feel greasy or sticky on the skin at all.
- It gets absorbed by my skin quickly unlike other lotions which take ages to absorb yet it keeps it hydrated.
- It’s an extremely light lotion so you can layer your sunscreen & other products over it easily.
- As mentioned above works as a great eye makeup remover.
- I think $2 for a 400 ml or $4 for a 600 ml is pretty cheap!!
- Comes in different packaging & sizes. It comes in a travel size so you can try the product before actually purchasing a regular or the larger bottle of this lotion. It also comes in a pump, tube & a squeezing bottle form so you can get it in whatever form you prefer using it in.
- I once suffered from a really bad rash, I applied this lotion. Not only did it clear up the rash after a while but also left a cool feeling which was very much appreciated at least at that point of time.
What I don’t like about Vaseline’s Aloe Fresh Hydrating Body Lotion?
- I wish they would have reformulated this lotion itself with SPF instead of creating another protecting lotion with SPF.
- Because of its extremely light nature it’s not quite appropriate for winters where you would probably require a heavy moisturizing lotion.
- Contains Parabens & loads of chemicals!!
Will I repurchase this product?
Definitely only because it works for my eyes better than for my skin!!
My Rating:- :star: :star: :star: :star: