A dewy skin is every girl’s dream. Although matte makeup is quite raved about nowadays, a dewy and healthy-looking skin works the best. So in today’s post, let me tell you about some products that will help you with that and also tips and tricks to help you achieve a dewy look. Just keep on reading.
If your under eye area looks plumped, brightened and evened out then your face automatically looks a lot better. So a good under eye cream that does it all is a must-have. This one from Clinique brightens the undereye area with anti-ageing peptides and its serum-y formula plumps it up to make it look healthy and free of any dryness.
If the primer that you are using is hydrating enough then it is half the battle won to get a dewy look. This primer will do just that. It smoothes out the skin and preps it for makeup while leaving the skin feeling soft, hydrated and ready for hours of makeup with no dry patches.
This makeup setting spray justifies the name perfectly. It really helps set your makeup and keeps it in place for many hours even in extreme humidity. Apart from this, if you are looking for a dewy finish to your already matte makeup then choose this one to spritz after you are done with your makeup. It won’t disappoint!
You can go for a brightening base to achieve a dewy makeup look. This foundation by Nars is light and natural which has a buildable coverage. It makes the skin look all glowing and brightened up as its formula is quite hydrating.
There are so many ways by which you can get a dewy look. If you have dry skin and want those dewy cheekbones then this cream contour kit is for you. This kit has a silky consistency and shades that will sculpt and define the jawline and cheekbones with no harsh lines.
If you have a matte lipstick on and you want that creamy, dewy feeling on your lips then a clear gloss is a must. This gloss gives that crystal glass like finish to your lips which really helps if you want to achieve a dewy look.
If you want to use a blush and want dewy look then instead of going for powder based one, go for creamy blush. This one by The Body Shop is a good buy. It is a lip and cheek tint that spreads beautifully on the cheeks, giving them the just-kissed look, which looks really natural and dewy at the same time.
A great highlighter can perk up your complexion, accentuate the features you love, and even camouflage ageing skin. Oh, and it is a must if you want that goddess-like glow on your face. This highlighter is highly pigmented, stays on all day and does its job remarkably well.
How to achieve that dewy look
Now let me tell you some tips and tricks that will help you get that dewy look.
• Drink loads of water as it shows on your skin. If you are dehydrated then chances are you will have uneven skin tone and dry patches on your face. So, do not forget to drink water if you want a good skin.
• If you have dead skin cells accumulated on your face then it automatically looks dull. So use a scrub to exfoliate your face at least twice a week. Even if you are going for a dewy makeup then exfoliating your face beforehand will help in the process.
• When you are going for a dewy look, you don’t have to use every product that claims to help you achieve that. Focus on a single feature and you will be sorted. You can go for a dewy base and a slight tint on your lips or you can go all dewy on your lips while keeping your base more natural. It is totally up to you!
• Do not use all brightening or dewy makeup products at your face at the same time as you don’t want to to look like a disco ball.
• The easiest way to get dewy skin is by using Vaseline on your cheekbones. This trick we all know as our Rati di has taught us! So if you are in a hurry then just reach out for Vaseline, apply on the highest points of your face and you are sorted.
• Do not go for extreme mattifying products if you are looking for a dewy look. Cream based products work well.
9 Hacks to Master the Dewy Look
10 Must Have Products for a Dewy Makeup Look
NYX Dewy Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray
Today’s Makeup: Flaming Eyes, Dewy Skin
Catrice Cosmetics Prime and Fine Dewy Glow Fixing Spray
Dewy Peachy Glow Natural Makeup Step By Step Festive Makeup Tutorial
Top 10 Liquid Illuminators for Soft Dewy Glow
Dewy Skin, Brown Monochromatic Makeup Look