WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Have you heard about curly girl method, cg method or no-poo method? If not then you are at the right place because, in today’s post, I will tell you all about it. If you want to know, then just keep on reading.
Who started it?
The curly girl method is based on the book “Curly Girl” by Lorraine Massey. The book is especially useful for girls who have unmanageable curly hair.
What does the book say?
It is hair care method for curly haired beauties that trades in damaging habits (like shampooing and heat styling) for a healthy curly hair regimen using just conditioner and gel. It also includes not using a brush to avoid frizz and breakage. “No-poo” alludes to not using a sulfate shampoo, because it strips the hair of its natural oils and instead co-wash!
What is co-washing?
Co washing in simple words means conditioner-washing. That is, using a conditioner instead of a shampoo to clean your hair.
Can it be followed?
It is embedded in our brains that shampoo is for cleansing and conditioner is for well, conditioning! So we all tend to think that our hair will not be cleansed properly if we use only conditioner. So, you can go for sulfate free shampoo once in 10 days to remove the build-up and use silicone free conditioner on other days to massage your scalp.
The dos and don’ts of The Indian version
1. Have your hair trimmed
This will get rid of any damage or split ends. If you don’t want to visit a hair salon, you can always trim your own hair.
2. Stop using sulfate shampoo
Shampoos that contain sulfates are extremely drying for hair, especially curly hair. So, look at the ingredients of your shampoo and say goodbye to it if it has any sulphate in it! If you must, then use a sulphate-free cleanser.
3. Use a silicone-free conditioner
Take generous amount of silicone-free conditioner and massage onto the scalp using finger tips. Massage your scalp using circular motions. Rinse it off thoroughly. Go for a silicone free conditioner to keep dryness at bay!
4. Do not use your normal towel
Rubbing your hair with your towel will lead to breakage and nothing else. So, use a microfiber towel or an old cotton t-shirt to soak up the water. Use a scrunching motion to squeeze out the excess water.
5. Air-dry your hair
Do not touch your hair while it dries as it will introduce frizz and disrupt the curl pattern. Air drying is the best way to enhance your natural curls.
6. Use your fingers
If you really want to maintain and cherish your natural curls, then try not using any kind of comb on them and use just your fingers to run through your hair.
List of Sulphate free shampoos
To make things easy for you here is a list of Sulfate free shampoos
1. Fabindia Herbal Daily Use Shampoo
2. Mamaearth Happy Heads Hair Shampoo
3. The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo
4. L’Oreal Eversleek Intense Smoothing Shampoo
5. Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo
6. The Body Shop Rainforest Balance Shampoo
7. L’Oreal EverStrong Sulfate-Free Fortify System
8. Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo
List of Silicone Free Conditioners
1. Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydra Source Aloe Hydrating Conditioner
2. L’Oreal Eversleek Intense Smoothing Conditioner
3. TRESemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner
4. Yves Rocher Nutri-Silky Conditioner
5. L’Oreal Paris EverPure Smooth Conditioner
6. Matrix Biolage Smoothproof Smoothing Conditioner
7. Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Conditioner
8. NYC Curls The Curl Conditioner
How to Brush Curly Hair Without Losing Curls
How to Add a Natural Pink Glow to the Face
How To Apply Panstick Like A Pro
How to Get Rid of Whiteheads without Pain
How to Choose the Right Hair Brush
Beauty Tips to Follow in Your 30s
8 Effortless Tips to Follow for Naturally Beautiful Skin
Beauty Tips to Follow as Soon as You Get Engaged
Awesome Hair Care Routine For Gorgeous Curly Hair
Top 8 Hair Products for Curly Hair
10 Best Hair Care Products For Curly Hair