Hi my acne-buddies,
The next weapon in my acne battle is Himalaya Clarina Anti-Acne Cream, in the same range of the Clarina Anti-Acne face wash. Probably, this one also is not in the market yet. So, you’ll have to order it from Himalaya if you wish to try it.
About the Product:
As the name suggests, it is an anti-acne cream for acne-prone skin, not necessarily only for oily skin.
Rs.45 for 30 gm tube, little costlier than the Clarina face-wash.
White plastic tube with a green screw-open cap. The cream is quite thick in consistency, looks off-white in color.
What it Claims: (From the Himalaya website):
Clarina has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, wound-healing, antioxidant, astringent, and emollient and soothing effects, which act synergistically in the management of acne. The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of Clarina help control infection and inflammation in acne lesions. The cooling, soothing, and emollient properties of Clarina are useful in relieving burning sensation and pruritus, and make the skin soft and supple. Clarina’s astringent properties relieve inflammatory pain in acne lesions. Clarina also accelerates the wound-healing process.
Directions For Use:
After cleansing the face, Clarina cream should be applied twice daily on acne-lesions and inflamed surfaces until the lesions heal completely. They do not suggest it to be applied on the whole face, but I have done so just to see if it helps in preventing the breakouts.
Each gram of Clarina anti-acne face wash gel contains:
1) Kumari (Aloe vera) 200 mg.
2) Vatada (Prunus amygdalus) 10 mg.
3) Matsyakshi (Alternanthera sessilis) 10 mg.
4) Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) 5 mg.
1) Tankana 12.5 mg.
2) Yashad Bhasma 12.5 mg.
After trying the Clarina face wash, I was glad to see they have this cream as well. Face wash indeed gave me good results, so had the same expectations from the cream.
Acne vulgaris, Acne rosacea.
1) Kumari – Aloe vera, has long been in use for a host of diseases, particularly those connected with the digestive system; they have also been used for wounds, burns, dermatitis, and other skin troubles.
2) Vatada – Guess what this is??? Its Almond. Sounds so different in Sanskrit. It is known for its astringent effect. It has a globulin called amandin. It contains folic acid, alpha tocopherol and zinc, which are useful in skin disorders. In Ayurveda, almond kernels are considered demulcent, lithontriptic and diuretic as well as being a nervine tonic.
3) Matsyakshi – It is an annual or perennial prostrate herb, found throughout hotter parts of India. It is rich in b-Carotene. It shows antibacterial and anti-fungal activities. Thing to note, while other ingredients that Himalaya uses, can be found in many of their preparations, but Matsyakhi can be found only in Clarina Cream. So guess it is especially beneficial for acne.
4) Manjishtha – Rubia cordifolia or Indian Madder is a prickly creeper or climber with rootstocks. Its principal constituents are purpurin, munjistin and Pseudopurpurin etc. The roots are credited with tonic, antiseptic, astringent and deobstruent properties. They are used in rheumatism. It is useful in skin infections, ulcers, inflammation and other skin disorders. I use it in the ‘ubtan’ that we use in Diwali. It’s a red color powder with nice scent.
5) Tanaka powder – Sodium Biborate. It is a good astringent and antiseptic. It is useful in superficial infections, prickly heat, acne, ulcers, etc.
6) Yashad Bhasma – Zinc Calx. It is specially processed zinc. Zinc plays a significant role in protein synthesis, in cell divison and in wound healing. It has shown beneficial effects in acne and is known to have antiseptic and astringent properties.
My Analysis of Himalaya Clarina Anti-Acne Cream:
It is an okay type of product for me, didn’t t do anything miraculous, because of the ingredients Himalaya has used in it. Ingredients are quite good on their own, but I have never heard of almonds as an acne-remedy. Other contents are also not particularly for acne, except Matsyakhi.
Not that it is useless, as it helped me with the swelling and irritation of acne, but it did not defeat the pimple and kill it. The major turn off is consistency. It is very powdery, because of the powders of zinc (Yashad bhasma) and Tanaka. No matter how much you try to massage it , the powdery coat can be felt over the skin.
This is how it looks, even after rubbing it in for more than 20 times.
1) Gentle, natural ingredients.
2) Need a very small amount.
3) Calms down the irritation around the acne.
4) Good on my most oily days, absorbs the oil pretty well if applied on the whole face.
5) Reasonably priced.
1) Ingredients are not very particular for acne condition.
2) Does not kill the acne or stop it from growing more, not suitable for spot treatment.
3) Thick consistency, powdery residue left over. It’s the same feel like applying toothpaste on the skin. Toothpaste is one of the best acne spot remedy products.
4) Only for in-home or night time use because of the waxy look that it gives to the skin.
5) Not easily available.
Will I Buy It Again?
No. It requires you to use till the acne heals, which is about 3-4 days. In that period, most types of acne heal on their own anyway. I wonder why they did not use Willow, which is a source of salicylic acid and being used in the Clarina facewash, but not in the cream, strange! So as a result, my acne battle continues. Will be back with more weapons next time. Stay tuned . 🙂
Himalaya Herbals Fairness Cream
Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Scrub
Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Apricot Scrub
Himalaya Herbals Revitalising Hair Oil
Himalaya Herbals Protein Hair Cream
Himalaya Herbals Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Himalaya Herbals Intensive Moisturizing Body Lotion
Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Pack
Himalaya Clarina Anti-Acne Face Wash Gel
How to Lighten/ Fade Pimple Marks
Best Foundation for Large Pores – Ask IMBB
Jovees Veg Peel Pack
Vichy Normaderm Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care
How to Reduce Scars
Top 7 Skin Myths about Acne
How to Reduce Dark Circles
Pimple and Acne Creams that Didn’t Work
How I Got Rid of Acne
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Jovees Anti Acne Pimple Cream
Kasturi Manjal as an Effective AntiAcne Treatment
Image Source: 2, 4.
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!