I am reviewing MAC Matte Cream today. This review is for Aru and Aarbee.
A matte-ifying cream that acts like a powder, MAC Matte adds a sheer, no-shine matte texture in one smooth layer. May be used on bare or made-up skin. Use a latex sponge or a 252 Large Shader Brush to apply over the entire face or in the T-Zone to reduce the appearance of shine. Apply MAC matte after moisturiser, but before foundation to prime the skin for makeup. Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation applies smoothly and effortlessly over top of MAC Matte.
Rs. 1080 for 25 mL.
MAC Matte comes in a sleek, transparent tube with a small screw-on cap. The tube is a flexible one, easy to carry. Coming on to the review now.
The website claims that it is a crème, but I think it is a gel :sidefrown: , yes, it is a gel. Very small amount of the product is required for each application. Also, on blending, the transparent gel does not leave behind any color or marks. It also has no smell.
I have very very oily skin to begin with. I originally went to the MAC Store to get the MAC Oil Control Lotion, but the MUA suggested this instead. The Oil Control lotion is more like a serum and she said that this (MAC Matte) is better, because it can be worn both as a primer, and if during the day, the face becomes oily after 5-6 hours, it can be applied again, over the make-up, to control the oil, without disturbing the make-up at all, hurray :jiggy1: This is what any oily-skinned girl would ever want in her life! I have tried this product in the Delhi heat and summers these days, and it works great as a primer.
During the day, I just casually put on Sunscreen + MAC Matte + Concealer + MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, and I am ready to go. The oil control property is effective up to 4-5 hours (this has never happened to me as long as I can remember), and my makeup stays intact. I am absolutely in love with this beauty!
Swatches: Kindly excuse the different lighting conditions. Here are the best possible pictures:
Pros of MAC Matte Creme:
- Easy to carry packaging. Transparent tube makes gauging the left over quantity easy.
- Very small quantity of the product is required, so one tube will last for a long time.
- Here’s the best part. This one product can be used as a primer and as an oil control crème after makeup too, i.e., it can be worn both under and over the makeup.
- When used as a primer, the foundation glides smoothly over the Matte Creme and the makeup stays for a long time.
- Smoothens fine lines when used as a primer.
- When applied over the makeup for oil control, makeup still won’t budge from its place, and the oil would disappear too, yay!
- The mattifying effect lasts for a good 4-5 hours, which I absolutely love!
Cons of MAC Matte Creme:
- Only available at MAC stores (well, this is a modern day con, considering almost every brand is available online these days. MAC should do something about this, not every city has their store). People who do not have MAC store in their city will face a problem in procuring this.
- Price, may seem expensive to some, but being a double-use product, and considering that it is MAC, I do not mind the price!
Will I Repurchase MAC Matte Creme?
Yes, absolutely. I love it!
4.8/5 (-0.1 for each of the cons).
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
My First Brush with MAC in Bangalore
MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder
MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation Review, FOTD
MAC Studio Tech Foundation
MAC Blot Powder
MAC Studio Finish Concealer
Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation – Golden Fair
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer
VLCC Matte Look Sunscreen Lotion
Lotus Herbals Pure Radiance Matte-Glow Daily Foundation
Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Creme
Lakme 9 to 5 Creme Compact Vs Colorbar Triple Act Compact
Lakme Nine To Five Flawless Creme Compact
Garnier PureA Daily Treatment Creme
Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow – Copper Coast
Lancome L’Absolu Creme De Brillance
Ben Nye Creme Foundation