Hope your weekend was nice, mine was AWESOME!
I did some street shopping from Sarojini Nagar and GK M block after ages and got some super cool stuff (haul post coming up soon)! With the Zaras, F21s, Mangos, and Promods, I realized that it had been ages since I went for some good old Delhi street shopping. I should definitely go for it more often, it’s such an enjoyable experience! Case in point being these two conversations I had with random shopkeepers:
Me: Bhaiya, yeh kitne ka hain?
SK: Rs. 395, lena hain?
SK: Mat lo phir, humein kya? Maine toh behen samajhke price bataya tha. :teeth
After haggling for a bit, I managed to get a Zara ripoff top for Rs. 120
SK: Madam, kuch toh socho, chalo 150 de do.
Me: Nahi bhaiya, 150 foreigners ko batana, main toh 120 hi doongi. :haanji:
SK: Madam aap bahut shaatir aurat ho. :zombiekiller:
There were a couple more instances like these, but more about them in my haul post!
Coming to my review, I am going to review the TBS Natrulift Firming Day Cream. As usual the “dibbi” doesn’t give a lot of information. So, this is what the website says about it:
- Best if you want to: Minimize fine lines, smooth wrinkles and leave skin feeling firmer and hydrated with a day cream that moisturizes for up to 12 hours.
How It Works:
- Has a temporary lifting effect: skin is plumper and hydrated.
- Pomegranate seed oil moisturizes skin and is rich in antioxidants to help minimize the damage cause by environmental aggressors.
- Community Trade Brazil nut oil moisturizes and softens skin.
About The Body Shop Natrulift Firming Day Cream:
This is one of those products that I just picked up on a whim because the jar looked so pretty! I am just peeking past the dreaded 30s and don’t think I need an anti-ageing cream just yet!
I picked up the small 15 ml jar that costs Rs. 475 I think. I wasn’t particularly looking for an anti-ageing product, but did want to try this out because it claims to have a plumping effect! So, thought of picking up the “chhotu” jar. Look how cute it is!
My Experience with The Body Shop Natrulift Firming Day Cream:
Well, apart from being in love with the cute jar, I do love the creamy texture of this.. errm cream. I have oily/combination skin and I wasn’t sure if it was going to break me out. So, I did my usual cleansing and toning and then applied this cream. It did feel quite greasy and heavy when I applied it initially, but after 5 minutes, when I applied my foundation, lo and behold, my skin did look plump and felt super soft and my foundation glided like a dream! My skin looked very soft and smooth and I noticed a plumping and firming effect.
Please note that it does not act as a primer, but just smoothens out the face. It does not do anything to make your makeup last longer. In fact, after 4-5 hours, I did notice my face T-Zone getting oily.
This is how the cream looks:
Pros of The Body Shop Natrulift Firming Day Cream:
- Does have a noticeable plumping and smoothening effect as the product claims.
- Divine smell, this cream smells like pomegranate and it lingers on for a while.
- Although I have combination/oily skin, it did not break me out after 2 weeks of regular usage.
- Has improved the texture of my skin to some extent and it feels very smooth and firm (I have used it for 2 weeks regularly and then for another 2 weeks off and on).
- Helps in smoother makeup application.
- Available in 2 sizes, so you can try the smaller jar of 15 ml if you want to give it a try.
Cons of The Body Shop Natrulift Firming Day Cream:
- May not suit oily/acne prone skin as the texture is kind of heavy and greasy. The serum from the same range might be lighter for oily-skinned gals.
- Makes skin oily after 4-5 hours.
- The smell is kind of strong, so if you don’t like that, skip this.
- Some may find it pricey as the 15 ml jar costs Rs. 475.
- It’s a jar, so you have to dip your fingers to get the cream out.
4.5/5 for me. Love it!
Will I Repurchase The Body Shop Natrulift Firming Day Cream?
I might give the serum a try next.
This is me trying to hone my photography skills 😛
No logic why its between those earphones, its kind of lame, but I just love how tiny and “lip balmy” the jar is!
I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, till then have a happy week!
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter
The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter and Soap
The Body Shop Aqua Lily Body Lotion
The Body Shop Body Butter Duo
The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter
The Body Shop Shea Body Butter
The Body Shop Wild Cherry Puree Body Lotion
The Body Shop Lychee Blossom launches in India
The Body Shop Natrulift Anti Ageing Skincare Range
Oriflame Lift Expert Firming Peel-Off Mask
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Foundation
Palmolive Thermal Spa Firming Shower Gel
Aroma Magic Skin Firming Serum Concentrate
Garnier UltraLift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream
Garnier Skin Naturals UltraLift Firming Mask with Essence of Cherries
Olay Natural White Day Cream
Kaya Fairness Nourishing Day cream with SPF 15
Lakme Perfect Radiance Day Cream
Pond’s White Beauty Naturals Day Cream
Pond’s Gold Radiance Day Cream SPF 15 PA++