After reading about the benefits of all kinds of vitamins, I too wanted to add some to my skin care routine. I checked out The Body Shop in SGS Mall, Pune and tada, they have Vitamin C and Vitamin E range. :happydance:
Vitamin E is an anti-oxidant which fights the aging process and can be used for treating a variety of skin issues. The body shop Vitamin E range consists of around 20 products with Face wash, Moisturizers, Mask, Face oil, Scrub, Face serum, Eye cream, Toner, Soap, etc. I was using Olay 7-in-1 serum and cream religiously during that time and hence did not want to buy another moisturizer and so Vitamin E Facial oil became the chosen one.
Product Description by Body Shop:
An aromatic, pre-moisturiser treat for the skin to boost moisturisation, nourish the skin when used as part of a daily regime. Absorbs quickly into the skin to leave it feeling soothed, silky-smooth and perfectly prepared for your daily moisturiser. Ideal for dry skin. Non comedogenic.
985 INR for 15 ml.
- Wheat germ, rice bran and soya oils – are naturally high in Vitamin E.
- Grape seed and jojoba oils – to nourish.
- A blend of essential oils including rose – to soothe the skin and the senses.
Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Glycine Soja Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Boswellia Carterii Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Vetiveria Zizanoides Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Citral.
How To Use:
Gently massage onto face and neck before moisturizer. The oil comes in a hard bottle with a dropper. The cap can be unscrewed to take out the dropper and simply squeeze the black tip to drop the oil into your hands.
Texture and Smell:
Consistency is the same as normal coconut oil or other cooking oil. It is free flowing and not very thick. It has a strong smell which I will not call very pleasant or floral, but it fades away after half an hour or so.
My Experience with The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Oil:
I use this oil in my night-time regime only. I wash the face, massage 3 to 4 drops of oil, and then apply moisturizer over it. Initially, I did not notice much difference. Usually, the next morning, there would be a glow on my face because of the oil, that was it. However, as days passed by, I noticed visible improvement in my skin texture. My pores became small, sun tan got removed, acne marks faded super fast, fine lines reduced and I got very healthy skin with no dryness at all. I promise, I am telling the truth here and only truth. :haanji: :haanji:
In the initial few days when I went to sleep after applying the oil, I had nightmares of me waking up with bumps all over the face; however, nothing of that sort happened. I even suspect there is a rosy glow to my face nowadays :mirror: I am loving it!
Pros of The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Oil:
- Keeps the skin well moisturized throughout the day.
- Easily absorbs into the skin, only a very light greasiness remains which can be easily blotted away.
- With continuous usage, skin becomes smooth and healthy.
- Helps in fading scars or acne marks.
- Non-comedogenic, did not break me out even after applying moisturizer on top of the oil.
- Can be used before applying your usual moisturizer to get added benefits.
- For oily skin, there is no need for another moisturizer after applying this oil.
- Helps in removing the sun tan.
- Pores and fine lines get reduced, although do not get completely diminished.
- Lasts for a long time since only 3 to 4 drops are required to cover the entire face and neck.
- The dropper is handy for taking out the oil and there is no spillage or wastage.
- Safe to use daily, I have been using it daily for the past 1.5 months and I am very happy with the results.
Cons of The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Oil:
- The price is on the higher side.
- It will make the face oily if applied in a larger quantity, it is better suited for night-time healing.
- I have combination skin and it did not break me out, but oily-skinned ladies should check first if this will create pimples before starting to apply on a daily basis.
Will I Range The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Oil?
Yes, it will take a long time to finish up this bottle though.
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter
The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter and Soap
The Body Shop Aqua Lily Body Lotion
The Body Shop Body Butter Duo
The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter
Fab India Vitamin E De Pigmentation Cream
The Body Shop – Vitamin E Moisture Lotion SPF 15
The Body Shop – Vitamin E Moisture Lotion SPF 15
review/” target=”_blank”>The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion
The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion
The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
Fabindia Vitamin E Sunscreen SPF 30
Boots Vitamin E Gentle Exfoliating Face Wash
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture – Facial Moisturizer with UVA/UVB Sun protection