WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
BOOTS SEAWEED CONDITIONER FOR ALL HAIR TYPES:
My friends/cousins abroad rave about Boots products especially their shampoos/conditioners and I have always wanted to try one from the brand. As per my understanding this is not available in India and that is why I almost instantaneously bought this when it was on sale @ Fashion&You. The parcel containing this conditioner and few other products reached me within 2 weeks and I am using this for around one month now.
This conditioner has been specially formulated for all hair types. It is enriched with Seaweed extract to help soften and moisturize, whilst Wheat Germ Oil smoothes the hair. Use regularly to make hair feel soft, shiny and manageable. Non-build up formula.
Smooth conditioner through wet hair and rinse. For best results use with Boots Seaweed Shampoo.
Price: Rs 450 for 600 ml/20.2 US Fl.Oz.(This is the sale price @ F&Y, not sure of original price)
Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Parfum, Propylene glycol, Benzophenone-4, Cetrimonium chloride, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Polyquaternium-39, Trticum vulgare (Wheat) germ extract, Magnesium nitrate, Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Propylparaben.
I was searching for seaweed in the ingredient list and guessed it could be Fucus vesiculosus; I was right and here are the results from google:
Fucus vesiculosus, known by the common name bladder wrack or bladderwrack, is a seaweed found on the coasts of the North Sea, the western Baltic Sea, and the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, also known by the common names black tang, rockweed, bladder fucus, sea oak, black tany, cut weed, dyers fucus, red fucus, and rock wrack.
Comprised primarily of alginic acid, fucoidan and iodine, bladder wrack is often sold in nutritional supply stores as a capsule or powder supplement to treat a number of conditions, including hair loss. You can also buy shampoos and conditioners made from seaweed that claims to promote healthier hair and increased growth. Seaweed is rich in vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, all of which are needed by hair follicles to maintain healthy growth.
Now let me tell you my experience with this conditioner, before that following are few things which I expect from a conditioner. I mean it is different for different people, like some would want their conditioner to control frizz mainly but for me these are my expectations in the order of priority:
- First and foremost it should not weigh down/make my hair limp. This is one major problem I face with 99% of the conditioners I have tried till date, since my hair is not very thick.
- It should make my hair smooth and manageable.
- It should have a pleasant smell – in fact I want all my shampoos, conditioners, body wash/soap, lotions etc to smell really nice!
And I must say this Boots Seaweed conditioner has fully met the first two expectations and lost out on the third one. If I remember correctly none of the other conditioners have performed this well in making my hair soft and tangle-free without weighing it down. As such I don’t face problem of frizzy hair so cant say if this will work for those with very frizzy hair. But I hate the masculine smell, reminds me of some after shave/cologne!
What I like the most in Boots Seaweed Conditioner:
- Makes hair soft and smooth without weighing it down.
- Contains natural wheat germ and seaweed extracts which is well known for its skin/hair care benefits and smoothening properties.
- Gives volume to hair.
- Non build-up formula.
- The “Boots” Brand is world famous for quality hair care products.
- Price is reasonable for the huge quantity it offers.
- Texture is neither too runny nor thick.
- Packaging is decent though not very fancy types-comes in a sturdy transparent plastic bottle with flip open cap.
What I didn’t like about Boots Seaweed Conditioner:
- Fragrance is quite strong and masculine which I don’t like, however it doesn’t linger on for long.
- It says for all hair types but I doubt if it would suit those with very dry/frizzy hair.
- Not easily available.
- Contains Parabens.
Overall I liked this conditioner except for the smell and I would like to try out more products from Boots but not sure how 🙁
My Rating would be :-* :-* :-* :-*
Have you used Boots Seawood Conditioner? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Schwarzkopf Repair Rescue Conditioner – A Review
Oriflame Boosting Conditioner with Kiwi and Orange
Oriflame Hairx Daily Care Leave-in Conditioner Review
Shampoo & Conditioner for Damaged Hair : Ask IMBB
Dove Intense Damage Therapy- Shampoo and Conditioner Review
Lush NEW! Shampoo Bar and American Cream Conditioner Review
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner
Khadi Herbal Hair Conditioner with Vanilla and Honey Review
Himalaya Hair Detangler and Conditioner Review