WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
So ladies, as you keep away your woollen coats and sweaters and take out all summery dresses, do check out this list for summer must haves this season.
They are in no particular order, but I think each one of them will be a trend setter these summers
1. Jumpsuits : They are very much ‘IN’ this season, I still have to get mine . They are very much available at Zara, Forever 21 and if you want to just give it a try then you can buy a cheaper one from the local market . My cousin told me they are there at the Colaba causeway in Mumbai and I suppose in Delhi too. You can pair these jumpsuits with jackets and tie a belt around the waist for a casual look. The jumpsuits are great for summers according to me, they are comfy and yet so stylish. Look for a jumpsuit in an easy flowing fabric that falls along your figure and you’ll look great .
Celebrities have been often seen sporting these jumpsuits ,from Victoria Beckhem to Beyonce to Rihanna
2. Harem Pants: Yes ,they are still in fashion and I hope they always are.They are the most comfortable pants I have ever owned . They are great for those scorching hot days when all you want to do is run away from your skinny denims. Accessorize it with right things and you can even pull it off for a formal event too. Also, I feel harem pants are great while traveling.
3. Classic White shirt: A class white shirt was and will always be an essential part of summer clothing. If you still don’t have a white shirt then its high time girl,go get it ! When you don’t know what to wear at all ,the best gamble is to wear a white shirt with your favourite pair of blue denims and VOILA there you go 🙂
4. Nude shades: I am in love with nude shades these days,they are so soothing and so perfect for summers. It is basically any color that is reminiscent of the lighter skin tone, sorry, for the darker skin tone it would a different name altogether. Nude color therefore is any shade from beige, rosy beige to light sandy brown. Nude shades are all over the place right now,no matter what red carpet event you see,they will always be a handful of celebrities wearing nude shades.
5. Bright Colours: The bright color clothing trend is strong for this season- everything from neons to bright coral, red, yellow, emerald and vibrant blues,they have been in nearly most of the spring summer collections of big fashion houses. Normally, I’m quite paranoid about wearing bright clothing, may be because I have seen lot of celebrities making a fashion disaster out of it. Personally I feel it takes a lot of guts to wear bright,bold colours since it makes a statement,if you look at my wardrobe you wouldn’t even find one bright neony colour. But this season I am determined to get atleast 2-3 outfits with bright colours and wear it with confidence
6. Maxi dress: The breezy,flowy maxi dress is back makes a return as the dress-of-the-moment for Summer 2010. The season sees a wide variety of fits and fabrics to flatter all ages and shapes. A very on-trend way of wearing a maxi is to team it with pieces that dumb-down the feminine edge. Flat gladiator sandals or platform wedges will toughen-up the look or throw over a safari-style jacket.
Top 10 Spring Summer Fashion Must Haves
The Body Shop Spring/ Summer 2011 Makeup Trend
Estee Lauder Spring 2011 Wild Violet Collection
MAC Spring Colour Forecast Launches in India
The Body Shop Spring Trend
MAC & Mickey Contractor Collection for Spring 2011
My Top 6 Makeup Colours for Summer 2010
Illamasqua Spring Summer 2010 Body Electrics Collection
Color Block Fashion: Trend Alert
Velvet Dresses: Velvet Fashion Trend
Top 8 Celebrity Fashion Disasters of 2010
Fluro Fashion is Back!
Sheer Women’s Clothing : Fashion Trend
IMBB Most Fashionable Summer Look Contest!
Lakme Summer Resort 2011 Anamika Khanna Show
The Body Shop Nomadic Goddess Collection for Summer 2010