Velvet Fashion Trend
Velvet has always reminded me of children’s clothes, those cute, tiny, shiny frocks. But this season , velvet is making an appearance on the red carpet, on fashion ramps, at parties and just about everywhere ! The velvet trend has been dominating the Autumn \ Winter 2010 collections.
The velvet material made an entry early this year with velvet track suits seen on Hollywood streets . Celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Miley Cyrus were seen in these shiny fabrics. Sincere to its cycle, the velvet trend is making a come back and is fast becoming this seasons fashion darling !!
Latest on this end of the world was seen at Vivek Oberoi’s reception, where both the groom and the bride decked velvet outfits, whether it flatters them or not is subjective.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Another very recent sighting of this trend was seen at a Diwali bash where Amrita Arora wore a dark green velvet gown.
While this rich, shiny fabric has been seen in Hollywood only in recent times, Bollywood celebrities were way ahead and have been wearing it on regular basis for years. Men in suave velvet blazers and ladies in sexy saarees with velvet blouses. Leading Indian designers like Sabhyasachi Mukherjee and Manish Malhotra have kept alive the velvet trend in the recent years.
While it seems that velvet only looks good on celebrities, there are many ways to incorporate this trend in our daily lives.
1. If you are not sure about pulling velvet off, a minimalist attitude is a good option. Start by wearing velvet in small parts, velvet borders or small designs on your outfit. A velvet handbag or other velvet accessories are a good star too.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
2. Going along the weather, a velvet jacket is a smart option. Velvet jackets and blazer are extremely flattering on both men and women. One thing to keep in mind is that the fitting should be tailored well. These can be worn over dresses or pants. This can be worn in a formal, corporate environment as well as casual do’s.
Take inspiration from celebs but personalize it to your needs. Heres Rachel Bilson in a dark blue blazer worn over a lovely dress, and Whitney Port in a gorgeous jacket worn with jeans.
3. A sure way of flattering yourself is wearing a velvet blouse, dark coloured blouses especially look good on Indian women. Velvet blouses look rich and will go well with both light and heavy sarees. Sarees with velvet borders or velvet designs also look lovely. Celebrities like Kajol Devgan and Kareena Kapoor have adorned this fashion on more than one occasion.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
4. Velvet Salwar kameezes have often been seen on the red carpet, but have failed to match up to the charm of velvet Sarees. Salwar Kameezes with velvet borders and \ or small designs look more graceful than full velvet material Kameezes. (As you can see from below pictures)
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
A few Do’s and Don’ts regarding wearing velvets –
• Since this is a rich fabric, a good amount of make up will complement the outfit, highlighting eyes is a good option
• A must have is a common coloured velvet blouse, than you can wear with many sarees.
• Wear only one piece of velvet at a time, that is, don’t pair a velvet blouse with a velvet saaree or a velvet salwar with a velvet kameez, or a velvet shirt with velvet trousers. In short, don’t over do it.
• Do use it in cold climates, apart from being in vogue this season, velvets are also very practical.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
• Don’t over accessorize. A velvet outfit is a jewel in itself.
• Don’t over do make up.
• Don’t be afraid to flaunt your velvets, people will always question trends.
• Avoid greys, browns and other pale colours.
With the cold season lobbying in, sweaters, coats and shawls are definite keepers in our wardrobe, but additional pieces of velvets will make your outfit stylish and trendy. While fashionistas in the West have been questioning each other on whether the 2010 Velvet fashion is a trend or trash? rad or bad? , we in India have seen our celebrities flaunt this fashion with great panache and elegance for years. If fashion icons like Kareena Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai can take this trend to international events, why should we earthly beings be left behind?
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne