Hi IMBBians 😀
This is my first review on this rather enlightening blog – a blog which customizes the reviews in the view of whether it would suit the Indian women of today – since we all know that our country is full of diversity and Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog simply adds more paint to that canvas 😀
Okay, so I am going to review the Lakme Absolute Intense White Skin Cover with SPF 25 (phewies, yeah I know the name seems longer than Homer`s poems ) and it is in normal human comprehensible language -a foundation – a water-based oil-free whitening (has vitamin B3) and if you still cannot believe your eyes (all this from our sweet old Lakme? ) with SPF 25. Yes, so the next question would be – does it suit oily skin ? you bet and dry, yeah it can manage normal to dry skin as well.
What the Company Claims about Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25:
Lakmé Absolute – Lakmé’s high-performance, long wear make-up range, which lasts up to 16 hours. “The looks from the Absolute cosmetic range are of international standard and akin to it is my creation for this season, which is hi-tech, high- fashion, sophisticated and contemporary.” says the popular fashion designer Manish Malhotra.
Not mentioned on the package, even the website isn’t updated yet.
Satin or semi-matte, it doesn’t get oily anytime soon neither is it a no-nonsense matte finish, its somewhere in between.
Oh yeah price is 575 INR :D, pretty affordable if you consider the amount they had spent to create the hoopla in order to promote this foundation 😛 and yes I think its value for money.
My Take on Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25:
Alright, my experience with foundations by far has been as ridiculously varied as the costumes of clowns in age-old circus shows. I have gone from an orange undertone to an intensely pink undertone to a brownish undertone – and just when I was about give up my hopeless search for the right undertone (which is yellow by the way) 😛
Here is two of my picks for the wrong shade 😀 yeah, poles apart, aren’t they 😛 (L’oreal True Match in N7) and (Maxfactor lasting performance in Soft Beige – I loved this one but for the shade).
Well, I noticed that Lakme does have my shade, but not the right product till I came across the newly-launched lifesaver, sounds-too-good-to-be-true Absolute range. Yeah, so what if am a gawky 17-year-old who has changed (facial) colours faster than a traffic signal (my veins look green 😛 ), but I am getting there 😛 😛 yup :P, I love reading the reviews of IMBBians and nearly hop all the way to the moon when I get a reply back to my rather awkward comments :D; MAC-queen Rati-di`s (yeah Alexander McQueen can’t sue me) posts, radhika-di`s rib-tickling self-directed jokes (and I strongly agree with her not wanting to be a 100-year-old wrinkle-free acne-marked woman) and with whose skin type I can totally identify :P; Deeptima’s serene eyes and all those innovative looks posted by every other IMBBian, enlightened me more than the peepal tree did to His holiness Gautam Buddha, trust me. 😛
Okay, so here comes the swatches, since I tend to go wildly off the topic 😛
Hand without makeup, only a primer, tried the milk of magnesia (yeah that laxative 😛 but it works amazingly for oily skin), ut wouldn’t prescribe it for dry-skinned people. Also, for teens 😛 the Maybelline primer is an affordable and okay alternative.
I hate moisturizing my hand :P, so yeah, there are a few fine lines visible, but I did that deliberately so you can see how the foundation smoothes out the lines and compensate for the lack of moisturizer, (but do moisturize before you put on your foundation, that’s a cardinal rule).
Blended well and oh yes, I have these miniscule white pigmentation spots on my skin as innumerable as the spots on a cheetah, due to long hours spent under the sun, I love swimming and other sports 😛 ), so those have been covered as well.
My hands are extremely tanned, but still in darkness, it blends with my tone and doesn’t look ashy.
With flash, in darkness – doesn’t look unnatural – blends with the skin tone.
This is my look with the absolute skin cover, Lakme Sugar Blossom (Enrich Satin Range), applied lightly on the lips and blue shadow around the edge of the eyes, for a party I dressed up for and I used some of the Chambor silver shadow compact to set this foundation, its not necessary, but I did it to make the makeup last longer.
Pros of Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25:
- To be honest, this foundation is definitely worth a try because it might just suit you .The terms white intense, Vitamin B3, water based, yellow undertone (they have pink-based tones as well but I mentioned yellow as majority of Indian women have yellow undertone ) in the same line as 575 INR can be hard to resist :P.
- Good chance of finding your shade, as the foundation even if it is a shade lighter adjusts to your skin tone (this is shade 01, a shade lighter than my skin tone, but as I showed it suits me well).
- Doesn’t break me out.
- The 16-hour stay :P, well, it definitely stays on the skin for a long time, say 6-7 hours without needing touch-ups (almost like my Maxfactor Lasting Finish), well, the rest of those 9-10 hours, you might have to touch up with some compact, that’s all.
- The packaging, it’s steely, but made of plastic 😛 but it looks all glass and metal, looks classier than other Lakme foundations 😛
- Portable, travel friendly and with a pump 😛 :D, which incidentally gives you just the right amount to cover the face.
- I love the way the plastic mists over when I take it out of the refrigerator, yeah it’s an age old habit, I love the coldness of the cream-like texture when I use it, usually during summers, but its really not a pro. 😛 just my personal whim 😛
- Medium-to-full coverage, buildable, does not cake, super blendable (imagine L’oreal true match without the oiliness), not drying on the skin like the Revlon Colorstay either.
- Vitamin B3 improves skin tone with regular use.
Cons of Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25:
- Well, the smell is kind of citrusy, very unlike the smell in most foundations I have encountered, not a con for me, but for those who can’t stand citrusy smell, it might be a problem for them, but then it fades away pretty quickly, so if you can hold your breath for sometime or so 😛
- No ingredient list as such, very little description on the bottle. No outer packaging like a box or anything.
- You cannot see how much foundation is left as the container inside the plastic covering is silver and opaque, you have to judge by the weight then.
- Not much product in it, only 15 ml.
Well, that’s about it, this doesn’t have to be the HG foundation (yeah, I am learning fast, ain’t I 😛 ), but it surely can be a foundation for daily use or even for occasions and for those who love light foundations with some benefits and decent coverage, that too water based and with SPF (radhika-di you can pretend you are wearing sunscreen with this on 😀 ), well this can be your daily dab-on foundation :P, I personally loved it and if Lakme doesn’t come up with anything even more wonderful, maybe I would repurchase this. If classy (slightly healthy this time ) Kareena didn’t advertise it enough, well here is me a much much lesser known individual whose vote the Lakme Absolute Skin Cover has got 😛
Oh yes, I got a compact two-way mirror as a gift from Lakme in lieu of my purchase of this and a lip shade (^_^)
Lakme Absolute Makeup Collection Coming Soon!
Lakme Asbolute Cheek Chromatic Baked Blush
Lakme LipLove Lipstick Shades, Photos
Lakme LipLove Conditioner Photos, Swatches
Lakme LipLove Lipstick Aphrodite Blush Photos, Swatches, FOTD
Lakme LipLove Conditioner Charmer Review, Swatches, FOTD
Lakme Lip Love Conditioner Hottie Review, Swatch, FOTD
Lakme Aquashine Lip Colour
Lakme Lip Love Conditioner Photos, Swatches – 2
4 Must Have Classic Lakme Enrich Lip Color Shades
Lakme Lip Conditioner Siren Review, Swatch, FOTD
Lakme Eye Artist Pen
Lakme Glide On Lipcolour
Lakme Star Shine Lip Gloss – 24
Lakme Aquashine Lip Color in Fig
Lakme Pure Rouge Blush in Ginger Surprise and Avon True Color Blush in Peche
Lakme Peacock Eye Quartet, Maybelline Time for Wine
Lakme Strawberry Facewash, The Body Shop Strawberry Body Puree Body Lotion , Strawberry Bath and Shower Gel
Lakme Lip Artist