This is my third DIY on IMBB in a row. Hope you guys enjoy doing things at home as much as I do. There was a time, not very long ago, when I hardly had any cosmetic and mostly used home made things. I would mix up something with anything and apply on my face. I was often complimented for a clear and glowing complexion. Then with the huge rounds of tempting advertisements on TV and with hoarding all around and yeah, a bit of self-earned money in pocket, I started using readymade cosmetics. Many suited me, but some didn’t.
Now again, I am back to my home-made things. So much so that the basket that I use for keeping my lipsticks is also home made. I will share them in a different post. Let’s come back to the DIY of the day first.
We are making a body scrub today which is just loveable. My Oriflame Body Spa rests comfortably on the bathroom shelf as I tenderly use this body scrub every day. Not that I don’t like my Oriflame spa, but while using my home-made scrub, I love the organic feel of the scrub. I know what I am applying on my body and I know it is completely safe for me. Plus I am aware of the fact that sea water contains many minerals and by using this scrub of sea salt, I feel I am using those precious minerals on my body. I can’t say the same thing about anything or any scrub that is not made in front of my eyes!
So, here you go!
Sea salt (or any bath salt), peppermint (OMG, I think I can’t do without it), rose water, olive oil, lemon, orange and glycerin and some oats powder (optional).
How To Make Body Scrub:
To make this, you must have sea salt. I made my sea salt at home. Oh yeah! I collected 2 liters crystal clear water from the Andaman sea and kept it open in the sun for a few days. Then, I boiled it for about 15-20 minutes and I got this sea salt.
- So, the first step would be to take sea salt in a bowl.
- Add some olive oil to it. Now, here you have to be a little cautious. Since salt has a tendency to lose water, add the oil very carefully. Add it little as after a while you will see it has become a bit runny in consistency, but don’t panic. It’s fine. Since you will store it in the refrigerator, a little liquid consistency will save it from totally drying up.
- Add peppermint. This is totally optional.
- Add rose water and a little glycerin.
- Add lemon and orange. Please note that you have a choice here. You can add the lemon and orange juice or you can add them the way they are. I wanted a little gritty scrub and I wanted to use them along with their peel, so I simply cut the pieces of orange and lemon. For this, please grind lemon and orange in a blender without water and without salt.
- Add this lemon and orange mix to the salt paste.
- Scrub is ready!
- Pour it in a pot and store it in the refrigerator.
- If you feel your scrub is too liquid, add some oats or almond powder to it. By adding oats, the awesome citrus smell will fade, so don’t worry and use oats accordingly.
- Add the oil carefully. In fact you can also add the oil as the last step if you are worried about the texture.
- You have to store it in the refrigerator. So, it will dry up a little. Anytime you feel it has dried, simply add oil or lemon juice to it.
My scrub is about a month old and I use it even today. It is moisturizing, smells of orange and the sea salt does good scrubbing. I am sure to carry loads of salt with me when I leave Andamans!
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How to Get Rid of Stains from Silk Clothes
How To Make Hair Grow Faster
The Body Shop Olive Body Scrub
Homemade Body Scrub Recipes With Kitchen Ingredients
Victoria’s Secret Romantic Wish Body Scrub
The Body Shop Passion Fruit Body Scrub
The Body Shop Jolly Orange Body Scrub
Victoria’s Secret Romantic Wish Exhilarating Body Wash
The Strawberry Body Butter, Raspberry Body Scrub, Clinique Anti Blemish
H2O Sea Marine Triple Butter Sugar Scrub
Fabindia Orange Cinnamon Face and Body Gel Scrub
Tvam Almond And Honey Face Scrub And Body Polisher