Here I present you a simple and lovely craft that you can make at home with almost zero cost. This may not be related to cosmetics directly, but I am still posting it here as I think it can still be used to keep some of your jewelery or small itsy-bitsy stuff.
It is very simple to make and it is widely made and showed all over the internet. I just customized it a little bit and tried to make a small bowl.
Things you need:
- Magazine papers.
- Glue or Fevicol.
1. Tear down some papers from old magazines. The prettier the better. For this, I would suggest you to take pages that have a lot of pictures or better still those pages that have advertisements as those are colorful and would give a nice look to the bowl.
2. Fold the papers. First, fold a paper into half and then make thin stripes of about half an inch. You can keep the width as per your choice and dimensions needed.
3. Make stripes of all the papers. You should make at least 30-40 stripes to make a small bowl. You can make more stripes to make a bigger bowl.
4. Roll the first stripe into itself tightly so that there is no gap in the roll. This will form the base of the bowl.
5. Paste the second stripe in the roll at the place where the first stripe ends. Roll the second one as well into the first one.
6. Just note that the direction of the rolling should be the same.
7. You can also do it another way. First make a long stripe by pasting all the stripes at the end of one another and then roll it into a single roll.
8. When you are done with the rolling part, past the last end of the last stripe on the roll as shown in the picture.
9. Now, we have a sturdy roll ready. You can use it as a coaster or as a lid to a jar or something if you wish 😉
10. Else proceed further and start pushing the central part of the roll downwards.
11. Give it a shape that you want. Decide the height, depth, etc., as per your choice.
This bowl is quite sturdy and can actually hold things for long. I use it to store my pins, rings and other small stuff that I want to hide from my baby.
You can give it a different shape by moving the central part of the bowl. Also, if you wish, you can also start rolling slightly upwards so that you have a bowl of equal depth like a pan. Also, if you want to cover it up, you can also make a lid similarly.
I hope you all enjoyed it. This one is a present to my daughter. It was her birthday and like I did last year, I have made a handmade card for her as my gift for her. I will share the pics with you later.
For now, have a look at the birthday card that I made for her and that’s me and my daughter right after we came back from the temple.
How To Make Exfoliating Soap At Home – Do It Yourself Series
DIY Magnetic Makeup Box Tutorial
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How to Get Rid of Stains from Silk Clothes
How To Make Hair Grow Faster
How To Apply Cream Blush
How to Contour Face with Makeup
How to Straighten Hair
How to Highlight Your Face – Photo Tutorial
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
How to Reduce Dark Circles
Veet Suprem’ Essence Hair Removal Cream
Temporary Methods to Remove Underarm Hair
Bikini-Line Hair Removal Tips
How To Get Rid of Facial Hair : Ask IMBB
The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Exfoliating Pads
Garnier Pure Exfoliating Face Wash
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!