WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
FACES LONG WEAR EYE PENCILS REVIEW, PHOTOS, SWATCHES
Rati, introduced us to The brand Faces a few months back. She reviewed one of its long wear eye pencils (shade navy blue).I was amongst those, who would always just wear the mundane black color. Since, Rati gave thumbs up to this range of eye pencils, I was confident enough to buy & try the other shades too.
The shades that I got are
• Navy Blue- dark blue with slight shine in it
• Solid Brown- matte dark brown color
• Purple- indigo purplish with slight shimmer
• Forest Green- Dark green with shimmer.
• Dark Green- a matte , between khaki & mehndi green color
WHAT THE COMPANY CLAIMS ABOUT THESE PENCILS
• Soft gentle pencils in a rainbow of shades.
• Use them to enhance your natural eye color for dramatic effect or give you that bright-eyed glow.
• Gentle and safe for sensitive eyes.
Price: Rs 249 for 1.15 gm
Right –left= Dark green- Navy Blue- Forest green- Solid brown-Purple
What I like about Faces Eye pencils
• Amazing/awesome Color payoff and Pigmentation; maximum 2 strokes and you’re done.
• The Texture is extremely smooth; they just glide really easily-not at all rough & scratchy.
• Available in a variety of interesting shades.
• Really Good staying power. When I got these home, I swatched these on my hand and slept. Even after good 3-4 hours the swatches were as good and fresh as new.
• I have not had any eye related issue (like itching, watering) with these pencils; they are Gentle and safe for the eyes, contact lens users.
• Easy to carry for touch ups on the go as compared to liquid liners.
• Easy application.
• Smudge-proof (unless you rub/smudge when they are freshly applied.)
• The Price for the quality/quantity is pretty decent if you compare to similar eye pencils from chambor / color bar eye glide pencils.
What I don’t like about Faces Eye pencils
• They were not easily available. I rarely come across faces counters at popular retail joints/ malls.
• I somehow like the funda of retractable eye liners/pencils with no need to sharp. Firstly, sharpening leads to some amount of product wastage and secondly, if you are carrying the pencils around, you will need to carry their sharpeners too. (This is just my personal opinion; I know some of you find such eye pencils rather hygienic over retractable ones.)
• They don’t completely go off with a face-wash. You have to use a strong make-up remover to get rid of these.
• Since, the eye pencils are extremely soft, you have to be very careful while sharpening them as they tend to beak easily.
• No mention of list of ingredients.
Overall recommendation- These pencils are great value for money. They are smooth to apply on the eyes and have superb lasting power and pigmentation.
Will I buy it again– absolutely, I really don’t find a flaw in these as such. But if I come across cheaper( in price) dupes in other brands, I may not. 😀 😀
IMBB Rating- 4/5 :-* :-* :-* :-* (-1 for being sparsely available and the need to sharpen them often)
Have you used Faces Long Wear Eye Pencil? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Faces Cosmetics Lip Delicious Kit Photos, Swatches
Faces I-shine Eyeshadow Review, Swatches, EOTD
Faces Cosmetics Travel Brush Kit Review
Faces Cosmetics Blush and Lip Gloss Review
Faces Cosmetics Sparkle Dust (Wild) Review
Faces Cosmetics Eye Kit – Brights Brilliance Photos
Faces Cosmetics Long Wear Eye Pencil Review, Swatch, EOTD