FACES LONG WEAR EYE PENCILS REVIEW, PHOTOS, SWATCHES
Rati, introduced us to The brand Faces a few months back. She reviewed one of its long wear eye pencils (shade navy blue).I was amongst those, who would always just wear the mundane black color. Since, Rati gave thumbs up to this range of eye pencils, I was confident enough to buy & try the other shades too.
The shades that I got are
• Navy Blue- dark blue with slight shine in it
• Solid Brown- matte dark brown color
• Purple- indigo purplish with slight shimmer
• Forest Green- Dark green with shimmer.
• Dark Green- a matte , between khaki & mehndi green color
WHAT THE COMPANY CLAIMS ABOUT THESE PENCILS
• Soft gentle pencils in a rainbow of shades.
• Use them to enhance your natural eye color for dramatic effect or give you that bright-eyed glow.
• Gentle and safe for sensitive eyes.
Price: Rs 249 for 1.15 gm
Right –left= Dark green- Navy Blue- Forest green- Solid brown-Purple
What I like about Faces Eye pencils
• Amazing/awesome Color payoff and Pigmentation; maximum 2 strokes and you’re done.
• The Texture is extremely smooth; they just glide really easily-not at all rough & scratchy.
• Available in a variety of interesting shades.
• Really Good staying power. When I got these home, I swatched these on my hand and slept. Even after good 3-4 hours the swatches were as good and fresh as new.
• I have not had any eye related issue (like itching, watering) with these pencils; they are Gentle and safe for the eyes, contact lens users.
• Easy to carry for touch ups on the go as compared to liquid liners.
• Easy application.
• Smudge-proof (unless you rub/smudge when they are freshly applied.)
• The Price for the quality/quantity is pretty decent if you compare to similar eye pencils from chambor / color bar eye glide pencils.
What I don’t like about Faces Eye pencils
• They were not easily available. I rarely come across faces counters at popular retail joints/ malls.
• I somehow like the funda of retractable eye liners/pencils with no need to sharp. Firstly, sharpening leads to some amount of product wastage and secondly, if you are carrying the pencils around, you will need to carry their sharpeners too. (This is just my personal opinion; I know some of you find such eye pencils rather hygienic over retractable ones.)
• They don’t completely go off with a face-wash. You have to use a strong make-up remover to get rid of these.
• Since, the eye pencils are extremely soft, you have to be very careful while sharpening them as they tend to beak easily.
• No mention of list of ingredients.
Overall recommendation- These pencils are great value for money. They are smooth to apply on the eyes and have superb lasting power and pigmentation.
Will I buy it again– absolutely, I really don’t find a flaw in these as such. But if I come across cheaper( in price) dupes in other brands, I may not. 😀 😀
IMBB Rating- 4/5 :-* :-* :-* :-* (-1 for being sparsely available and the need to sharpen them often)
Have you used Faces Long Wear Eye Pencil? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Faces Cosmetics Lip Delicious Kit Photos, Swatches
Faces I-shine Eyeshadow Review, Swatches, EOTD
Faces Cosmetics Travel Brush Kit Review
Faces Cosmetics Blush and Lip Gloss Review
Faces Cosmetics Sparkle Dust (Wild) Review
Faces Cosmetics Eye Kit – Brights Brilliance Photos
Faces Cosmetics Long Wear Eye Pencil Review, Swatch, EOTD
89 thoughts on “Faces Long Wear Eye Pencils Review, Shades, Swatches”
totally agree with you. I bought them on rati’s recommendation and totally love them too. I have the navy blue and the black. wish there was a store in Hyd so that I could pick up the greens. i picked up mine from Pune
i didnt get a black one aruna, coz i have lik 5-6 diff pencils n kajals… :victory2: :victory2: :victory2: n ya, i rarely come across faces ka counter here in delhi too 😐 😐
omg am so picking them up if i find them yaha pe.
nu thankoooooooooooooo soooooooooooo muchhhh for acneoist
will call u sham ko :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi: inni sari
goooooo gettt iiiiiiiittttttttttrauniii :puchhi: :puchhi:
noopur…am loving all the colors. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: ..so pigmented :waytogo: ….sure need to chk these…donno if faces is available here in chennai ?:)
yes yes varshini, thy r just awefommmm…… :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
wow! im drooling!! but i have promised myself i wont buy another eyepencil in next 2 years. becoz i hardly use them. 😛
2 years bulbul.. how would you survive? :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:
dats really wise of u bulbul… i wish i learn this tooo 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐
i have this in forest green and simply luv it :toothygrin: are these the only shads or are there more?
I think black is also there. Aruna mentioned. 😀
thanks ratidoo, i just got canfoosed :toothygrin:
And thanks to you I picked up the forest green too…it just brightens up the face…one of the best greens I’ve used !! :yahoo:
You must try the ‘metal brown’ !! its a brown with a coppery-bronzy frost finish (like the forest green).
And there’s a frosty gray shade and a icy blue turquoise shade too!
yeah ankita. i do remember mentioning to u a shade called turqoise and another called aqua but since they arent mentioned int he review here i thought i might be canfoooosing them with some other brand 😐 this is what happens to ppl like me who have far too many eye pencils for their own sanity 😐
There are metallic brown, turquoise blue and charcoal grey tooooo!!!!! :jiggy1: :jiggy1:
Noofoor I am so picking up green. i dont have a green one. i am getting tempted to see these again. :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
yayayya…greeen is reallly nice…u pudple tooo :victory2: :victory2: :victory2: :victory2: :victory2: :victory2: :victory2: :victory2:
hey noopur nice review….. will definately buy.
And yesterday acc to ur recommendation I bought Acnemoist, i applied it yesterday evening and 2day morning, the skin is so much even out… m very very happy with its application.
Thanks a lot of suggestion noofur and the main reviewer(sorry forgot the name) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
:thanks: :thanks: rachana….
n m glad acne moist is working on u dear…. :puchhi: :puchhi:
Nice review Noopur! :victory: I picked up the navy blue and forest green..loving them both!
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: ankitaa…
both of thm r my personal favs. too :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
omg! so awesome….where can find a faces counter in mumbai…anybody..any clue?? 😛
ramya. there is faces in pantaloons, phoenix :toothygrin:
hey ramya, u shud ask ankita or jinal, thy r both from mumbai :victory2: :victory2:
oh, n shanaia n bhumika too :toothygrin:
me want forest green NOW!!! :((
:pig2: :pig2: :pig2: :pig2: :pig2:
I have black and metal brown bought these 6months back and loveee dem 😀 i only don’t like it it doesn’t come off easily.! 🙁 i use a very little quantity of vaseline and wipe with cotton 🙂 loveeee these pencils.:-) love faces.:) i think they really need to work on distribution so that its more easily available.:)
righto kamini :victory: :victory: :victory:
I just want purple blue forest green and grey bussss seriously the swatches are tempting me :yelo:
:toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
Nice Review Padosan.. :puchhi: . but in my case i can’t use Pencils which needs sharpening. :struggle: :struggle: . so Im stick to my Avon Glimmersticks.. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
BUT BUT BUT.. :secret2: I Really like the Forest green so i will definately going to purchase that one & whenever it needs sharpening.. 😀 i will ask Rati to do the Pleasure for Me.. :smug: :smug: :smug:
yeah, ratidoo luuuuuuuuuvs sharpening pencils :toothygrin:
ya.. since skul days.. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
she said to her Teacher that “I don’t Like Pen coz they don’t need Sharpening.. so i will use Pencils.. Natraz Pencils…” :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
😆 😆 😆
hey babe(swati)… i hav avon ones too,,, but somehow me likey thz more now :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Love the Forest Green one, but I hate sharpening eye pencils….am so into liquid eyeliners these days. But all are lovely colours.
hey sabrina, even i used to lik liquid linersbut i find ths pencils very hasslefree… :victory2: :victory2: :victory2: :victory2: :victory2:
I too wanted to buy these pencils since Rati di did a review on the Navy bloo one but Faces cosmetics r not available here and I have asked my bf to buy me these when he goes for official trips to Trivandrum or Bangalore.. :yahoo: :whistle: :whistle:
very nice sruthi….. aisey hi kaam krwaati raho boyfrends se..i am proud of u :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :clap: :clap:
Blueeeee bOxxxx :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
i hate pencil breakage too noopur… hence evn i prefer retractable ones.!! but these shades look soo awesome and ichly pigmented!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
:handshake: :handshake: :handshake:
Noopurrrr………….I have navy blue and brown…….love them!!
Me want forest green also now! 😀
O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:)
purple blue and forest green are awesome……………..
:victory2: :victory2: :victory2: :victory2: :victory2: :victory2: :victory2: :victory2:
wow noofur loved the shadess!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: they remind me a lot of the makeup forever aqua pencils. They have such vibrant shades only which sis soo expensive 😐
:thanks: :thanks: insiiiiiiiiii :puchhi: :puchhi:
can these b used on d waterline??? ?:) ?:)
hey Noopur, which shade of blue do u like the most, and u think would suit wheatish complexion
If u stay in Mumbai, then there r two places where u can get “Faces” products
1) Prinz , HILL Road , Bandra Opp. canara bank
2) Alpha shop # 2 , Irla, Vile parle west :waytogo: 😀
If u stay in Mumbai, there r 2 places where u can find “FACES” products
1) Prinz shop, opp. canara bank, hill road, bandra
2) ALPHA SHOP . 2 , Irla , vile parle west :waytogo:
U Even get these in ”beauty and more” , khar (near Beauty center)
Yes, this range of eye pencils from Faces are simply awesome. I also have been using them for quite some time now. They have great staying power and just a couple of swipes and you are done. Only that they break very easily after sharpening, as they r too soft. Otherwise great value for money. :waytogo:
Wow!!! Amazing shades!! I want all the shades :yahoo:
Guys please help me out!
Where can i find faces counter in delhi?